main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Costuming Help

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sionnach_Dearg, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    As far as time, since it's looking like people are liking Friday, I can leave things pretty open. I usually am not an early riser, so why don't we say people can start arriving around one PM and it'll go no later than eight or so.

Hopefully that should accomodate everyone's needs, plus give us lots of time to get to those things people need done.

2. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    I don't know where I am supposed to go. Will anyone be able to P.M. me with the info?
    Thanks
    DAve

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Oh, and can I have permission to post my website at this forum?

Already given in the other thread, Cary. Feel free to post your website in any thread you feel it is appropriate to post it within Victoria FanForce's forum. Within our own forum, we have a little more autonomy with what is posted than the more public-use JC forums you've encountered before. As long as the site doesn't contain things that you wouldn't want a 13-year-old to look at, it's pretty safe. ;)

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Dave and other attendees: since the do is at a members private home, the address will be PMed to you. Haru Rani has confirmed your space in the Centennial Falcon, so all you have to do is PM, email, or call me with youraddress. :) When would you be available to come? Sionnach said 1300 hrs till 2000hrs: does that work for you (and your friend-is he vehicular?)

Shall we come a bit early so you can show me those things we talked about?

Looking forward to Friday!

*Derisa*

5. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    If I can find babysitting, that's fine, but if not then I won't be available until Paul gets home from work to watch our daughter. I don't think it'll be a problem to find a grandparent or two to take her for the afternoon, though. ;)

6. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Robin doesn't have a car. Like me he buses (although he does know how to drive --- I don't drive at all). I am off all day Friday, so early afternoon is okay with me. Guess baby brother is on his own for supper!

7. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey I have the day off on Friday so this looks like a big gathering.... I'll bring donuts, cape patterns and my helmet I'm trying to finish. I have a vehicle so if anyone needs a ride I can pick them up, What is the general time everyones showing up? Oh and I guess I'll need to be PMed for the address.

Randy

8. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    and speaking of doughnuts.....

this is looking like it's going to end up being potluck (as so many of our things are) so postie in here what you can bring. I have ingredients (and inclination) for greek salad, so I'll be making that...

and will PM people directions asap, please do send a note back if you're not sure how to get here, some people get lost coming into/out of Oak Bay

9. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Anyone need a ride to Sionnach's from Colwood area?

Wow sounds like its in a windy turny part of Oak Bay good thing I can read maps good.

Right so I got the donuts covered, which is kinda appropriate since I moonlight as a security guard, but I don't wanna be a cop!

So whats a good time, got to bring enought nick nacks, tools and project parts. Also does anyone need supplies or special tools for anything other than sewing? I may have some shinies to help out with your project.

Randy

10. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Hey all! Well, that was a pretty successful little get together (we missed you, Dave!) Many thanks to Sionnach for hosting and to Sionnach, Haru and TR0773 for displaying bits of their costumes for us to peruse and oof and ah over.

So, we have an offer of two days and a huge space to do some actual sewing work in. Friday and Sunday, Haru 's place is avaialble for our sewing bee. Any one have a particular time/space requirement?

I know who I'm doing the costume for, it's just a question of sorting through the available fabrics to make mine (don't give it away, guys); but do we have confirmed concepts for our other players?

Post here your ideas and whatnot. I think if we have our stuff together, we should be able to pull off some spiffy costumes! We may have a few other attendees at the next meeting, as some old members and at least one who hasn't made it to a meeting yet are hoping to do some stuff with us for the DVD release! :D

Both friday and Sunday work for me: my costume isn't all that complex, so as soon as I've finished it, I'm just growing my hair to get the right look. I'll be hab=ppy to help measure and cut and pin for the rest, I can even hem, and my embroidery is passable as well, if anyone wants to do some of the more elaborate clothes from Episode I or II.

*Derisa*

11. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Derisa:

Was in Fanny's Fabrics off Douglas Saturday. They have something very like the fabric we were discussing for that Senatorial project!

Something else I forgot to tell you, I also have a seamstress' form hidden in my storage closet. I just have to remove the dress project which I've put on hold.

12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I'll have to have a look there, Haru, do you recall what that material was made of?

PS thanks for the pics of the figure. They're terrific for reference material. :)

*Derisa*

13. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Sorry, no. I was a bit pressed for time. However I do recall it came in a both a heavy, medium and stretchy fabric, all roughly the same shade we were looking at in the pictures.

14. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    Well I've been asked to doggysit overnight on Friday, so it would have to be Sunday for me. Hope that's okay!

15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Sunday will be best for us, too, Haru, as we're away camping with the kids till Saturday. :)

Post up a time you're willing to have folks over, and we'll be there!

*Derisa*

16. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Mid-day is good. If you think the sewing binge will last through supper, I guess a BYO --- choice of one dish to put on the menu and your choice of thirst quencher. Try to give me an idea of how many bodies to expect, please. Thanks.

17. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    If I could get some more details about the when and where, that would be great. Sorry for the short notice and such.

18. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I am sorry, HaruI'm going to have to beg off: we only just got back from camping yesterday and haven't had time to even look at what fabric we have much sless pick up Rani's cotton or the material I need.

We have to do a thing with the kids today, so I think Rani and I are no goes... sorry. :(

*Derisa*

19. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    I'm still in if I can find out where you are and get there...let me know, ok?

I can't stay for too long though, I have a farewell dinner tonight for a Japanese girl who has been staying with us.

20. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Hope you guys are on-line.

Guess we're a no-go today. Too bad. I have two more Sundays free if you guy's still need a place to sew, plus two Friday evenings.

Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.