main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Costuming in 2011!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Dec 27, 2010.

1. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I bought a flight suit from Chris last weekend. Its big, but I think I can take it in a bit. I need to source webbing for the ejection harness, gauntlet gloves (got one source, looking for a less expensive alternative) and I have yet to contact members in the RL for a replacement visor for my helmet. I have plenty to keep me busy for a little while.

I need to put together a blaster and as much as I would love to build a blastech blaster like Luke's, I may opt to build a DH-17 model. I built my E11 blaster in under two months and I still have plenty of PVC left to build another.

I do have plans for something Sith, probably next year sometime...

2. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Two words.......Cad Bane

3. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    I always forget the name of the site, but I gave Michelle the link for a site that has gauntlets for cheap. Most of us got our gauntlets there for ~ $20-25.

4. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm brainstorming about a few projects. They are not actual costume related in the fact that I can wear them, but will add to the table display.
    I have been looking at some IG-88s that folks have done and I believe with some tweaking and minor changes I can do one or more to have for photos or to stand behind the table. I am also in the planning stages for the battle droids I briefly mentioned in passing at the game.

Now it all depends on my work schedule and if I am hoe or on the road. Lucky for me I have 10 months to finish this project.

5. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    That's what I was gonna say. I looked at it and went "what'd I say? I don't remember swearing in that one..."

6. chewbaccachris34

chewbaccachris34 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2010
    I'm throwing stuff together for my pilot, though i havent gotten around to ordering the webbing for the ejection harness. Still need a helmet.....

7. Loseytwin12

Loseytwin12 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 14, 2010

Chris just doesnt understand modern terminology[face_laugh]

8. DEE_SKYWALKER

DEE_SKYWALKER Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    Hi guys. Very busy Summer. Went to Puerto Rico for 20 days. Now I'm back in action. Still working on my costumes. I got a mask that I can adapt for Cad Bane (sorry I have no pics for you guys yet) and I bought a Bobba helmet that I need to tweak to make it happen and now I'm full blast trying to construct a Bobba Fett costume.

I know that I'm biting more than I can chew but it's the adventure that counts. So far doing my research and collecting parts for the costumes.

I also started school and my time is pretty limited right now but I hope to make it to the Library event.

PS: I not as active in the forum as before because they blocked all the forums at my job and basically all my postings were done from my job... So in order to communicate with you guys I have to wait until I get to the batcave after my evening classes.... :(

9. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    The Force Unleashed II Starkiller (game cover costume) is on my agenda. Won't be ready til the game, however.

10. JediHeadBanger97

JediHeadBanger97 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    Gonna do a Sith from the old republiuc trailers

11. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Just got my arm tools from Elvis Trooper yesterday. The tops look great. I know no-one will
    see the bottoms but are they supposed to be capped off?

12. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    The bottoms of my arm tools were just hollow. I guess he's capping them off now.

13. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    My comment wasn't that clearly worded. Mine are hollow as well. Just wondering if it was the same for others in the group.
    I'm SLOWLY finishing off my pilot costume. One step down just five more left to go.

Fill in the vest tubing
    Shorten the harness straps
    Find side clips for the vest
    Sew in the velcro and hook on the vest
    Sew on smaller straps for the belt flares.

14. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Got my helmet for my pilot costume... now just need the vest and arm/leg tools then put it all together.... Also I have Officially decided that I will be doing a Savage Opress costume over the winter and plan to have for the Bisons game at the very latest. :D[face_dancing]

15. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
  16. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    Mine are solid aluminum with holes drilled in the bottom of them to pin them to my suit.
    I think mine are different because I got them from a different source.

17. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    Looking for a dark brown false beard that looks real enough, without costing a ton. Any ideas?

18. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Stop shaving?

Check the Halloween stores whil there is a supply. You might be able to snag one on clearance in the next few days

19. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    Also, if anyone can introduce me to syntra (however you spell it)for different armor pieces for a costume project I'm working on :D[face_praying]

20. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Don't they or didn't they make spray on hair for guys with bald spots? :p

I bet that stuff would work!

21. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    HA!

22. JediHeadBanger97

Jun 22, 2011
    Does anyone know where I could get a Sith Acolyte mask?

23. Loseytwin12

Jun 14, 2010
    Unfortunately you'd probably have to make one[face_frustrated]

My dad made a pretty sick looking Sith mask using a vintage goalie mask, paint, and some bits n' bobs, so you may be able to do that. looking on different websites (ie. sites recommended by the 501st/rebel legion) for tutorials on mask-making/plastic-working might help too. Good Luck!

24. JediHeadBanger97

Jun 22, 2011
    I know I've heard you could make those out of goalie masks but I didn't want to make one if I could buy one. But I wouldn't mind building one

25. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Got my Plo Koon hands in so I can now do "Attack of the Clones" Plo Koon although have to work on armor for clone wars Plo Koon. Also have two masks on the way in the mail that I won in a 2 for 1 ebay purchase.