main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Costuming in 2011!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Dec 27, 2010.

1. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Well that's just PLO KOOL!

2. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Since that fundraiser we did in Cheektowaga last month,you guys got me thinking on this whole smuggler idea. I stopped by my local Salvation Army store and guess what I found????

A tan colored NATO issued hot weather combat jacket. Brand New, in my size...for $5.00. I couldn't pull out my wallet fast enough!!!! It's light weight, so I can wear it indoors and not roast. I'll bring it with me to our next meeting.

And thus starts costume number 3.

Jon

3. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Nice!!!!! Welcome to the addiction lol

4. Loseytwin12

Loseytwin12 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 14, 2010
    I was also thinkin smuggler perhaps. It's fresh and new, and not a whole lot of people do it.

5. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Just got a package in the mail today that will enhance one of my current costumes and open door for yet another costume...:D ill bring to Xmas party sat to show what I got.

6. JediHeadBanger97

JediHeadBanger97 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    Steve can you help with the mask for my costume please?

7. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    If I'm the Steve your talking too then yes I can help just wait till holiday week is over and I have a month for costuming before school starts

8. JediHeadBanger97

JediHeadBanger97 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    yes, it's you WookieJedi, thanks I should be able to do the rest of the costume myself I just need to know how you made the armor you wore during the bison's game.

9. DEE_SKYWALKER

DEE_SKYWALKER Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    Hi guys, I'm still alive. Just very busy with school and family in general. I'm about to start another semester in school and things in my job are getting hairy but I still manage to work on Cad Bane.

Well, here it is, my pride and joy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deeskywalker/sets/72157628726726245/

I converted a Neomodian mask into Cad Bane. Teeth, are rubber vampire teeth from Halloween. The eyes are red sunglasses lenses. The paint was the most difficult because spray paint didn't work, cheap acrylic paint didn't work....... I had to go to Hyatts and get quality acrylic paint. I took it a step further and sanded it before painting. That seemed to do the trick.

Anyways, feedback is appreciated and I hope to pretty soon join you after I get settled with school and the stuff in my job clears up. Saludos!