main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey COSTUMING in the GARDEN STATE

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthGyos, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    So, I was at this film shoot with a good friend and even better costumer, MAria (fermez la Boushe) and we discussed the idea of her giving us a costuming seminar in the near future. With this in mind, lets use this arena to post the costumes we would like to build. Please stay on track.

~DG~

2. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Mike's got a LOT of work to do regarding any kind of costume...

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Yay! Costuming seminars. I love it. Hopefully DancingJennas will be able to attend, because she's another sewing nut.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Well give me a time, date and what materials I need to bring, and I'll try and make it. Hopefully it will be in May or June and when I'm making money again. ?[face_plain]

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I would be interested in attending this event, even though I make my own costumes, it would be great to get together with other sewers and brainstorm/trouble-shoot with each other about our current projects. Plus I can offer only help/advise if aynone needs it here.

6. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Ok maybe I didn't clarify myself-
    I love everyone's enthusiasm to have this event happen, but in this forum:

PLEASE POST THE COSTUME YOU WISH TO WORK ON.
    THIS WILL HELP US TO SEARCH FOR PATTERNS, ETC AND HELP THE ORGANIZERS PINPOINT EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED AS FAR AS INFO GOES.

We will keep "appointments" to another thread.

Thank you-
    ~DG~

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I know what costume I can do....really cheap too...

I can be the Rancor Keeper. I forgot his name...

You think that I will scare anybody? :p

8. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Well in that case, I'm doing Anakin's costume from AOTC, or Obi-Wan's from TPM. Basically a Jedi in general. But I wanna keep it dark though. :)

9. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Hey all, I'd love to make my own Obi Wan AOTC outfit- I just have no idea how much it would cost. Plus, I have no sewing skills whatsoever. Help! lol

excal

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Hey excal...I am pretty sure that there are a couple that can help you on this.

I am in your same position.

11. DancingJennas

DancingJennas Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2003
    as all ready stated, i am a sewing nut. i would be game. :)

12. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    The seminar I would like to put together will feature some costuming "mavens" explaining how to do it and what to use. Believe it or not, it is NOT as hard/costly as you'd expect, especially if you buy in bulk (attention Jedi's).

This is what this whole thing is about. Exchanging ideas and working together.

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm doing these: Padme Black Corset Gown, Dark Leia from Infinities, Leia's Ewok Village outfit, and yes....I want Scout Armor. That walkie talkie thing is SO cool.

14. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Hey, Gary! You told me to stick my head in at the Jersey boards, and what do I find? People who dig costuming! This will be cool. I can only bring my own experience to the table, and I'd be very interested to see what you sewing nuts are working on. Maybe an NJ Stitch 'n' Bitch is our destiny...

Maria
    ID1062

15. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    See Maria,I told you!!!

I would also like to extend an offer to PA or NY crews interested in either teaching or learning. More than likely, we'll have a Fabric shopping day either shortly after or before.

~DG~

16. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Well Gary, so you extended the invite to PA, I have done the following costumes: custom jedi & Queen Amidala's Theed Throne gown. On the "chopping block" will be a royal gurad & SAbe's Naboo Battle gown, hopefully both finished in time for Wizard.
    I also can offer advise & tips on costuming if anyone needs help.
    This sounds like a fun event, pleasekeep us posted. :)

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm so looking forward to working with you, Maria! I think you should make Gary another Emperor Fabulous hat though ;)

I just went to Jo-Ann's yesterday and I picked up my fabric for my Dark Leia costume. I got my lightsaber already! *thanks to Spat* Jo-Ann's is so awesome. I'll never go to Rag Shop again! They're having sales right now on linens and light fabrics, so if you're going to make a Jedi Costume, go and get the fabric soon.

18. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Marie, I love Jo-Ann's as well, but I have only just found one near me. We also have the Fabric Mill that will make you drop your teeth! It's so great. This is gonna be the best summer!

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I've been going to the NYC SW fan club because, as far as I knew, it was the only one near me. Now, I see that there is one in NJ.
    I've been costuming for 20 years and have made several Jedi costumes as well as the blue Tatooine Padme. I've also given several talks/workshops in costuming in general and some on Jedi costumes.

When do you plan to have the costuming group get together? I would be very interested in joining. I live in South Brunswick.

20. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Well first off welcome to the NJO. :) Glad to see you coming over here.

I don't know when we're gonna have our costuming workshop, but I'm sure it will be announced here.

Make sure you check out our site at NJO.com and register for the forums here: NJO Forums

Thanks for checking us out, and hope to see you at future meetings.

Herb
    NJO Treasurer

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    dianethx...

Welcome to the New Jersey Order.

I would love to take a peek at your work...but when I went to go look at them, the web address was missing.

Anyways...we look forward to meeting you, and learning from your knowledge in costuming.

Our next meeting is next Saturday at the Chiller Con.

J.Sat
    co-President of the NJO

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Jedi_Satimber - My website right now only has my stories and my quilts. I hope to get some of my costumes up this weekend.

Chiller Con is huge, lots of people. Do you have a time and place where you will all be meeting -since I probably won't know who any of you are?

Diane

23. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
  24. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Hi diane. I'm your friendly neighborhood CR, but, you can call me Mike. It's good to see your interest in the FanForce. We look forward to working with you at ChillerCon.

25. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Good point Diane. We need to have a marker at the con or post a picture of us somewhere on NJO.com so folks will recognize us.

Any thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.