main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Costuming info.... for those who may be interested

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    At last night's meeting, we also discussed *dun dun dun* costuming. Some of you already know that there are a few of us members who are costumers; Crashdown (when he has the time) and his wife, Jawafett, Quick2 (if we ever see him around here) and his wife, TatooineReconForce (if we ever see him around here), Grumpydevil (again, if we ever see him around here) and myself.

Mostly Rebel scum, though. I am a self-respecting bounty hunter! I know that JawaFett and JediGunship are on the forum to my Mandalorian Mercs site. But I want to put it out there for those of you who might be interested in costuming as a Merc (JimSidious, ImperialJedi, JawaFett, JediGunship and anybody else)!

First of all, the website: mercs.firespray.net. It has a nice little into as you access the page. You can then go to the main page and view everything from the Codex (club charter), to the latest in Mercs news, to the forums, themselves.

To become an official member of the Mercs, the applicant needs to be at least 18 years old (if younger, they need to have an immediate family member as an official member of the club before they can become an official member, themselves) and must have an active account on the forum. They also need to have a complete Mandalorian costume. It can be from any established area. There can be some customization to the armor, just so long as it is easily recognizable as Mandalorian themed. No cross-over costumes (example Bat-Mando, or something like that). Elastic is not allowed, for attaching armor plates to the body, unless the elastic is the same color as the undersuit of the costume. Rubies Deluxe Boba Fett helmets are not allowed, unless for children, are not allowed due their disproportionate size to adults. Rubies Jango 2-piece is allowable (cheapest, most decent solution for getting a helmet).

There are a lot of various forums on the Mercs boards. Everyone is encouraged to visit all of the sections devoted to the costuming parts. Start soaking up the knowledge and get familiar with the place. There is also the individual clan forum to peruse, too.

The local clan (that is what each individual chapter of the Mandalorian Mercs are called) is called the Northwest Confederacy Clan - or NWC Clan, for short. It is a nod to the Native American history and lore that make up the Northwest. As you might have guessed, our clan encompasses all of Oregon, Washington and Idaho. There are, currently, 9 official members to the clan, with many more on their way of becoming official.

To find the board for the NWC, go to the "Regions and Clans" section, select the "Hettyc Cerare Veeray (West Coast USA) link and then look for the NWC link. Click on it, and you will find our section..... or you could just click this link and save it! :rolleyes:
    http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?board=78.0

Just as JawaFett is our Chapter Rep, here in the OFF, I am the equivalent in the NWC. My title is Clan Alor'ad (Mandalorian for "Captain").

SO, if there are any of you who want to join our club and come out costuming with us, we'd love to have you. My ver'alor (clan lieutenant), is in Washington and has made the offer to crank out sintra armor (for free) for any who need them to complete their kits. I can forward you guys any information that you would need to make it happen.

OK, that is my plug. If this is information overload... sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help any of you who are interested in making a Mandalorian costume!

- Bill

A pic of me in my Mando (headshot)
    Head Shot

A few of us at last year's Portland Comic Book Show
    Group shot

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yes, I am definitely interested.

3. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanx for all the info! Now is not a good time for me, but I hope I can do this in the future (whenever that may be).

-IJedi

4. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    heck ya sign me up ive got killer nun chuk skillz to go with the mandie cos LOL Im very interested im gonna check every thing out and see what i can do and how soon it can happen. dude Impjedi is all well?? your not gonna dissapear on us too are you LOL...are you???

5. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Just putting the info out there. If I can be of assistance, just let me know!

- Bill

6. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I wish I had time to focus on costuming, but at this point in my life everything is too hit and miss as far as hobbies and interests. But it's definitely on the list of things to do when we move back to Oregon... after I build my gypsy wagon. That comes first! I can't wait to build my gypsy wagon...

7. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I can see you in a gypsie wagon!

- Bill

8. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    will your gypsy wagon be on repulsor lifts??? dude that would be supreme and im with bill i can see you in a gypsy wagon nuttin wrong with that i say u go gurl

9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Ha! Ha! Gypsie Wagon on repulsor lifts... classic!

- Bill

10. Drago-Seron

Drago-Seron Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2010
    This Mando thing has turned into a virus. I joined the Mercs in 2007, official in 2008 and met Bill at Portland Comic Show 2008. Now he's infecting others with the same Mando virus. Too bad there is no cure and it tends to spread fast. When I started the Oregon chapter of Mercs there were two of us.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at a troop in the future.

11. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    There's also
    http://www.rebellegion.com/
    For those leaning toward the rebels.

-Eric

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I suppose I could have put a little blurb about the other clubs, too. But my original post was a long enough narrative, as it was. Sorry about that! But thanks for posting the RL info, Eric.

- Bill

13. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    the only thing those blasted rebs are good for is the credits you get for their bounty[face_laugh]

14. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Too true. And working for yourself is much more preferred than working for the Imps!

- Bill

15. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    the man......the law....:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.