main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, GA Costuming Information Jedi Knight

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by wookiechick66, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookiechick66

wookiechick66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    With help from the Charleston SC Fan Force, I went pattern shopping for a Obi-Wan Kenobi (EP1) costume pattern. I found mine at Hobby Lobby in Columbus Airport Thru Way.

The patterns are: For a simple Jedi Costume use Simplicity Pattern Number 5840 Option D.

For the Robe use McCalls Pattern 9496. Use the cape in Option D. You will have to split the front and hem it.

Instead of the Simplicity Pattern you can also use McCalls Pattern Number 2940. This is an orient style costume. But you can use Options B or F.

I am still looking for a boot source I can afford. I will update here when I get more information.

MTFBWY - Jill

2. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi Jill,
    Glad you could find what you needed. Try your local thrift stores for boots. Alot of times you can even find riding boots for very low prices, then you can make modifications with old leather belts,etc to make them your own. Clean them up, spray a can of Lysol in them and your good to go. This is definitely a way to go when your starting out, then as you save some money, you can buy the more expensive, new boots. But it really depends on how many times you plan on wearing the costume, etc.
    There are those who want very authentic costumes, and those who want somewhat orginal creations. It just really depends which way you want to go--and how good your money is.

Janet

3. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    Our youngest female member is on her way to her own Jedi outfit.

Our costume field trip on Saturday went very well. We got Brittany's patterns, the material for the tunic, and dicky (she decided not to do the whole under-tunic). She has her pants/boots.

I found a little army clipon pouch for my belt and a black hose for Beth.

We had a good time.

Cathy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.