main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costuming Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    It's been expressed by some members that the next meeting (possibly during our regular meeting date of the third weekend of the month) should be a costuming meeting. I did a sabre workshop years back and it didn't work out well becuase no one really had an idea of what to do. I love costuming (501st, Rebel Legion, etc) so I would love to do another meeting of this type, but I think we should work on some sort of theme, whether it be making cloth costumes, moulding, vac-forming, sabre building, etc. Also, would we want to actually build something or maybe have everyone just bring costume ideas to the meeting and we could all work on how the costumes would work, give suggestions, maybe go get some supplies, things like that?

2. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    TJ mentioned a saber making activity. I agree we should all sit around and make something. A lightsaber worksop is probably cheapest for everyone, but we can also bring to the meeting costume designs and discuss them. I am notorious for breaking down the mechanics of costumes (figuring out what I need to do to make it), but not always getting them made due to laziness/money/a myriad of other lame excuses. Obviously I'm quite interested in the armour process, but I'd also like to make a Dark Jedi/Sith costume as well as Mara Jade (my current "breakdown" project). I'm also planning to revamp my ANH Leia costume. My old one is just not good enough anymore. I have the official Butterick pattern from '97 that I plan on using and altering slightly (cause it's not "canon" enough).

We also came up with the idea of maybe having a local convention of somesort for SW, not entirely unlike Anime Express. If the AE people can use ERAU, why not us? The building they use even has a theater. . . Just a thought, though. :)

3. dickiegreenleaf123

dickiegreenleaf123 Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2005
    sounds sweet just let me know what to bring and where I'll be there

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Let's post in here what everyone wants to get out of a costuming meeting, wether it be making something or learning something, then what we want to make or learn.

If we want to do a sabre meeting then everyone should have a basic design by the meeting. My next project is probably going to be this so I could work on that during the meeting.

5. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    if people dont have any ideas i can do my 15 min light saber making kit and so forth
    i will get the stuff together.

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Locked at the request of the CR. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.