Nash, TN Costuming party?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by skip1, Apr 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey everybody
    I want to thank everyone for having me at the meeting last night.I was pleasantly surprised to see that most of you were about ready to branch off into the costuming aspect of star wars. I believe that some of you have already been building props and replicas and toying with the idea of making your own costume. Many people asked me last night if i was able to help with costuming needs of the group and possibly hold some time of seminar. If there are some people that would like to get together sometime for a little costuming party then let me know.Maybe we can get something going soon so that there are alot of us dressed up for the EP2 opening.
    When deciding what costume to make be sure you do some research on what it will take to finish the costume.Costumes can vary in cost and time.Obviously a jedi robe is much easier than stormtrooper armor.Most costumes can be scratch built but can take months to finish.
    Anyone who might want to take on the challenge post here along with the costumes your thinking about.Check around the net and you will find info on most costumes.Don post made a great variety of masks which is a great starting point for anyone.Check ebay for "don post star wars".Also go to
    http://www.jedi-academy.com/
    this is obi wans jedi academy,there you will find all types of info on costumes and props.while there look at the replica sabers & custom sabers and look for "skip curley" to see the ones ive built.
    I would love to see a great variety of costumes for this area.I have the royal guard costume and i am presently building a darth vader costume.I am trying to get it together by EP2.Hopefully i will be able to show up in costume for the opening.
    As always ,email me with any questions as im full of information to share.
    Thanks again everyone and it was nice to meet you at the meeting.
    Skip Curley
  2. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm all for that. I will bring my Jedi gear with me.
    Right now Ken, aka Scruff, is working on a Corellian Jedi costume and a General Madine costume in time for DragonCon 2002.
    Scott, aka Kir Kanos is having a seamtress friend put togethor a Jedi costume for him. He is almost done. I think he is planning on wearing a costume to Celebration II and the Episode II premiere.
    Jay, aka Elan Rai is planning on getting a Jedi costume togethor in time for DragonCon and I think Dylan/Hama-Ryu Kinnebi is too.

I've had my own Jedi costume for about two years now, but I recently bought some really nice boots and some replica leather Jedi pouches to make it better. I'm also involved with the Rebel Legion.

Here are some other great costuming links:
    Amber's Jedi Meditation Chamber
    The RPF (Replica Props Forum)
    TFN Costuming and Props forum
  3. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    Someone mentioned last night about possibly holding specific topic meetings between the regular meetings. Those interested in costuming/props could meet to help each other and go buy supplies.

Another area is fan films. There is one to begin filming soon and a couple of others in script stage I believe. Those involved could get together to work on them. (preproduction planning, that is, obviously they will have to get together to actually fiim them)

This is just two examples, and only a suggestion at that. There is always the forums, email, and instant messages that can be used to plan some of these things.
  4. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Curently planning the following costumes with the fam and friends when we come down for the premiere:

The Emperor/Darth INVAR (Same difference - just some red in the under-robes)

Aurra Sing

Girl Padawan

Boy Padawan

Amidala Meadow Picnic

Sam Wessel

Jedi Tusken Raider

Hope I can afford the time and funds to complete all of those for the wife and kids.

5. obi_john Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really would like to learn to build a light sabre but its hard for me to get away on the weekends. If anyone wants to get out on a week night just give me a heads up. Thanks.

John
  6. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    Let us know when is a good time for you. Some of us may be able to accomodate. Show what we've done, go on a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot. Maybe JediToren can even provide a few links here. Here's a lightsabre link: HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.