Read, PA Costuming & Props

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    "And you know, wearing an Ewok as a swimsuit is a felony on some worlds." Wedge, X-Wing: Solo Command

This Thread has been created to discuss any Costumes or Props. [face_alien]

Post up any Costumes & Props you are currently working on or that you need advice on. [face_thinking]
  2. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm planning (because I have to first find away to sneek money from the house money [face_shhh] ) on doing a Clone Trooper Costume & then adapt it to be used as an Obi Wan Kenobi Clone War Cartoon Costume. o_O

My dream would be to create a Boba Fett Costume, but that is waaaaaaaaay over my budget. :_|
  3. Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master

star 2
    You know, I saw a tutorial once on how to make Mandalorian Armor that looks good out of a trash can sold at Wal*Mart. I'll look it up for you...it was over at The Dented Helmet.

I'm working on a Jedi, a custom Sith, and a Tusken. I might do A'Sharad Hett sometime.
  4. Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master

star 2
    http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6290

There you are, Rob. I've never tried this, but I have a picture of someone's end results...

http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13392&highlight=trash
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    As all of you know from the chat, I own a TIE Pilot uniform and I'm currently a member of the 501st. My next endeavor(if I ever gather up enough cash) will be TK armor. Who knows when I'll get around to that, though. :p

But I'm a rebel at heart and would also love to do a Rebel Pilot or Endor/Fleet Trooper. Something else I may try is a female Han Solo. I mean, he is my favorite character and all. [face_love]
  6. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Female Han Solo would be too cool, Steph :cool:

Thanks for the links, Jaren :D
  7. Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I would do a Jedi Costume, but two things stop me.
    #1 I'm almost thirty six and for some unknown reason ( I can't imagine what it is) I would feel somewhat "odd" in a Jedi costume.
    #2 Where would I wear it? Can't exactly go to Wal-Mart or work in that get-up.
    I mean imagine this.
    Hey, Stace I can't help but notice you're not in your work clothes this morning. Well Paul,the force was with me so I thought I would wear this instead. Now, it's not exactly what you would expect, But, you should feel the leg room in this thing.It's a fashion statement as well. Why, right before I left the house the kids told me I looked so svelt and dapper.
    I just don't think I could wear it,Unless of course I was surrounded by other Star Wars geeks.
    That, might make the process easier.( That's your hint boys and girls).
  8. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I can see your points.., but then I say..., what the hell!

Why not relive some small part of our childhood by dressing up in a true Star Wars costume, even if its only for Halloween. Then there is the possibility of joining one of the local Costuming Clubs (501st or Rebel Legion) to do some good with your costume and brighten up a sick child in a local hospital.

So, there is the 'legit' reasons..

But really..

I really want to finish some costumes becuase I think it would just be COOL!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.