main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Costuming thread...show us your ideas...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I think that the link recognition software used in these boards doesn't seem to like question marks.

2. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Tried copying and pasting, but couldn't get the image up. :(

MJA

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I believe there's a length limit on links. If your link is over a certain number of characters it can't make it a link. Unfortunately I don't know what the limit is.

4. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    Unfortunately I don't know what the limit is.

Then what good are you? :p

Darn Smurfs. ;)

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    That one was in the TF.n Art Gallery. I'll try to dig it out again.

I thought for sure I would be able to find something pretty fast, but all I came up w/ was a 1,000 animal shelter's w/ pregnant cats named "Princess Leia." Talk about weird. I have not given up though, this is now a mission, a quest; I will find that image!

6. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    all I came up w/ was a 1,000 animal shelter's w/ pregnant cats named "Princess Leia."

LOL! Now you know why I've been pulling my hair out trying to find pics online :) Thanks for your help though. I VERY MUCH appreciate it :)

MJA

7. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    LOL [face_laugh] Why are all the pregnant cats named Princess Leia? That is really weird. [face_laugh]

I think I am going to stop by Easley's costume shop on my way home from work today (to look for supplies for elf ears. I have an idea that might work). Does anyone have anything they want me to see if they have?

8. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    If you're taking requests... ;)

I'm looking for a kit to do the "vamp face" of Spike from Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. The kit comes with makeup and a latex appliance to go over your forehead. I'm not sure what they cost, but I'd pay you back at the next meeting. :D

9. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    I'll see what I can find, IA. :D

(It's partly your fault I have to figure out the elf ears, anyway. So any money I spend will go on your tab. :p)

10. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    My fault? :confused:

11. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Remember, you said you wanted to do Legolas? That got the hamster going in my brain. I have a good elven dress pattern, and I think it might be good if I can do the ears. I have to try, now. :)

12. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    ack! Ack! I need more details, but I'm getting closer. A preggers Mara :)

[image=http://www.jadecrusades.com/artists/Nielsen_Rebirth_detail.jpg]

MJA

13. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    That's a cool picture!

14. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Yikes, i'm a ditz! that's like the 10th time I've seen that pic and I only now see that she's pregnant in it! :-o

15. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I think I found something!

[image=http://www.jadecrusades.com/creations/art/mariemjspregmara.jpg]

Yousa my humble servent!

Demanded by the gods it is! :p

16. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Those are REALLY cool pics!! I also like the Microsith thing.. [face_laugh]

MJA your powers of discovery grow with every passing moment...soon you will find the pics you desire...I have forseen it.

:D

17. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    So I went to the costume shop last night. I was shocked to find that they still have Darth Maul, Jar Jar and Yoda masks from EPI!! They also have an Admiral Ackbar mask! :eek:
    I saw some Darth Maul sabre's, too. Sort of cool, toys I haven't seen in a while. So if you want to replace your broken Maul sabre, they're $15 at Easley's. (They still have a few Mace Windu's, too. Those are $9.)

IA: They didn't have a kit for Spike with makeup AND the appliance. There is a latex forehead piece for $11 and a more elaborate foam prosthetic for $36. I wasn't sure how much $$ you wanted to put into it, so I didn't get either. (But I can go back. I work really close.) In my opinion, the cheaper one would probably work better, as long as you put some time into the surrounding makeup. A smaller piece like that is easier to work into your own features, and would look more realistic. The more expensive one would be easier to apply, as you wouldn't have to do as much yourself, but I don't think the end result would be as good. For either one, you would still have to get additional makeup, adhesive, blood, etc. Let me know which you want to do.

MrBunny: I found you some bunny teeth!! They are just plastic, and probably not exactly right, but they were only $1 and might at least give you something to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.