main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ***Costuming Thread***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    As a matter of fact, I do try on his clothes.... Kay' this sounds weird if you don't the joke... PLEASE understand, there is a joke:p

Not sure which ones Curtis got, but all the ones I looked at today that are recommended from the Jolly Roger are made of deer leather and really soft.
    I'll go look up the links and post them for you.

Kay''' I just went and looked over at the Jolly Roger site and the head guy, TARG, wears EXACTLY the gloves that were recommended to you. He says they are great gloves, wear well, fit nice and are 100% screen accurate. Something to think about at least.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Well, DUH! I never thought about going over to the Jolly Roger site! Sometimes the simplest solutions are the hardest to see!

Do you realize that your affliction is contagious? I actually asked to try on the Sand Trooper helmet. There were no flight suits hanging around, so that was all I tried on.

3. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Not sure it's an affliction, more of a brain defect [face_laugh] a Complusive need to find out the answers without paying for them.....

BTW, I still think I'll order mine from the cop shops, the deer leather ones. I'm really a glove persona and that is a detail that will matter to me. Lots of other ones I can fudge on, but i like a good glove....

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Non-knitted type gloves tend to slip off my hands. Guess they're just a funny shape?? I really want to try some on before I purchase. Do you know of a shop????

5. TK-TI-4261

TK-TI-4261 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2008
    I almost ordered those gloves before I found mine. People say they are stiff so I figured for an extra $20 it was worth it to get the Demascus gloves and I love the way they feel.....:D

Minda is right, they are 100% accurate.

You will get the good ones[face_hypnotized]

Curtis:)

6. TK-TI-4261

May 4, 2008
    You will get the good ones[face_hypnotized]....Lol....

I'm going to be the first Jedi Stormtrooper right after I kick this skinny his LA Jedi Vin Deisle look alike arse.....[face_laugh]
    [image=http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x173/TK4261/troopersith.jpg]

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Please tell me it ended in a Highlander moment! [face_devil]

8. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    So Minda, you're doing a TIE? Good for you! Are those gloves for your X-wing pilot, Kari? How's that coming along?

9. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    After a ridiculous amount of time trying to find boots for my battle padme, I found some on 6pm.com. They're the wrong color, but they're vinyl, so I'll be able to use Krylon spray-paint to make them bone colored. I'm also going to cut the straps off, and the rest of the shaft will be covered by the shin armor.

10. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Okay, I lied. I'm going to do the Marion Ravenwood costume after all. I read that Karen Allen will be at Comic Con, so how cool would it be to get a picture with her??

11. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    That would be a great picture with her, Sonya. Hope you all have a great time. Which Marion are you going to do?

12. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm doing the one from the marketplace scene in Raiders, the red harem pants and white blouse, complete with skillet. ;)

13. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Check out my hairpiece for the Battle Costume! All I need to do is touch it up a bit with some black paint, spray it with a fixative, and add a hair clip/claw to the back!

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/P1010310.jpg]

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Looks great! Sort of like an extra legged spider doing yoga.... ha ha, just kidding!!! How are your fingers after all that gluing?

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here's what I spent my day doing.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/x-wint001.jpg]

I made the holder for the leg flares and painted the comm badge. I need to get some white paint to do a bit of touch-up on it. Both items are for my X-Wing costume. I'm bound and determined to get it done by Comic-Con!!

Hey Sonya, how many days do you guys plan on going to the CC?

16. TK-TI-4261

May 4, 2008
    Great Job Kari and Sonya! Both projects look great! I spent my day working on my Tie Armor.....almost done with the armor....

Sorry I haven't been on here lately, but you guys will see more of me.

Curtis:)

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sounds like all three of us had some therapy today! Nothing like SW to make a person feel better!

Curtis, you're a part of this family now and stuck with us. Remember that we're here for you, whether it's for a shoulder or some 'soda through the nose' fun!

18. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    That's cool Kari, I can't wait to see you in it when it's done! Hey Curtis, how's the job situation?

Kari, we plan on going down Wednesday night, leave on Friday (probably early afternoon).

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Friday is pilot day, so I'll be sportin' the orange for the first time that day. At this point, I'm hoping to be there sometime Wednesday evening through sometime on Saturday. (did you see that Curtis):D

20. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    It all looks great for all of you.

21. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Here's my painted boots (I need to paint the soles too, they're too dark) and the beginning of my shin guards.

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/P1010289.jpg]

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/P1010311.jpg]

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Looks good! Tell me about your shin gaurds. What are they out of and what are you having to do with them?

23. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    They're soccer shin guards. I used two trimmed and matched up for each piece, because they aren't tall enough as they are. Then I marked with a sharpie where the lattice-type work should be cut out. The larger holes will have straps running through them; the smaller ones will be blocked from behind. I came home yesterday to find Darren using the dremel tool on them after I had asked him to help me get my costume finished. :) Hooray for a costuming buddy! I used hot glue to hold them together and then followed that up with a bit of Gorilla glue. I bought vinyl to cover them, but I'm not sure it'll work or not since the vinyl is kind of thick. If not, I'll have to neatem them up, reinforce them from behind so they don't snap apart, and spray paint them. They have the original foam behind them still, and I may leave that there for cushioning.

Here's what the originals look like:

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/padme_white_promo11.jpg]

Mine aren't going to go around the leg as much, but it's a start. It just occurred to me that I could possibly add something to the sides (maybe some more plastic) to extend them. If I did that I definitely would need to cover them to hide the seams.

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Wow, very cool and creative! I had never noticed the boots/shin guards.

25. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Oh yeah, and my top is on its way from China. Fingers crossed!!! I also bought these pants (they're not as yellowish as the picture--they're off-white) and last night I split them up the middle and back of the leg and then sewed them together together again. (there's supposed to be seams running front and back of the legs, along with the side seams). Doing that also tightened them up, and now I need to lower the waist, add elastic for the waistband (they had a side zipper, which I removed, and add the decorative stitching along each side of the seams. Woohoo! They look really good so far. I woke Darren up at 11 last night so he could see them. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.