Costuming Thread!

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by Sad_Max, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh good speed on the Dengar Mika! I love that particular character. =D=

You mentioned something about having so many costumes in the works above. I know what you mean.

Appo: Mando, Vader, Darth Nihilus, Ep. III Clone Trooper
    Me: Mando, Scout Trooper, new Zannah Currass

I've been working on the curass, the Scout, and the Mando now since before Celebration VI .. well, they've been sitting on the shelf for that long. Its embarrassing at this point.
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Aug 8, 2013
  2. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    The Dath Nihilus should be almost ready...lol
  3. xanatos1975 Force Ghost

star 3
    I have never been into costuming but since it looks like it is a LOT of fun I am wanting to give it a try. I am debating on Galen Marek, Starkiller from the Force Unleashed as my first, any thoughts?? I am Wondering too, which one?? from the first or second game??

[IMG][IMG]
  4. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It's up to you but I was always partial to the first one.
  5. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    First one would be simpler with less accessories....
  6. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd say
    How much of a challenge do you feel up too???
  7. xanatos1975 Force Ghost

star 3
    well it would be my first one so i wanna leave the challenges for when I am a little more experienced lol.
  8. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Then by all means Xan, the first rendition.. much more simplistic.

And Oh!! Say there Darth Lupine... we have decided to go with the COTF Nihilus... the one sporting the utility belt, so we're doing it a bit different. It will take some time. With his height... Appo is going to look like an incredible Nihilus!
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Aug 15, 2013
  9. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    Awesome Zannah, I can see that! He's definitely the right height for the costume. I'm just glad it fit!
  10. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  11. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    And here it is! I knew we had one somewhere. Alright, here goes:

Darth Lupine, the first thing I would do is join the local Garrison Boards and introduce yourself. You reside in the MidSouth Garrison area.

Now for the Uniform...
    The following is for the Imperial Staff Officer. Their Uniforms are black. This is the one I chose for myself.
    Legion CRL's for this costume here: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:ID_imperial_officer_black

The Warrant Officer is basically the same costume, however it looks as though it would be a much easier approval due to it does not need the pistol, belt boxes, chalk holders, nor rank badge. At least according to the CRL's it doesn't. This one would be an easier approval and then you could simply upgrade to the Imperial Officer at your leisure.
    http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:ID_imperial_officer_black_nco

This is where I purchased the uniform and hat.
    Imperial Deck Officer: This is not the Grand Mov uniforms, but the deck
    Imp Officer Hat, and it will pass, but the Greebly on it won't. You need to get one of those: http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial-officer-black-uniform-cap-hat.html
    Imp Officer Uniform and it will also pass: http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial-officer-black-garbardine-uniform-costume.html

Here for the boots: [Thank You Mika] [face_dancing] "Todd's Costumes"https://store-ddfc2.mybigcommerce.com/

I'm also going to wear the gauntlets however I'm having trouble finding any that I like.

Well, hope all of this helped.
  12. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    Indeed it does. I wanted to do the black uniform, but the actual captains wear the greenish ones.
  13. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    And here's a question. I have a pair of boots but they have a zipper up the side....because I have an ankle fusion on my right ankle with two screws and I don't think I can get my foot into a regular un zippered boot. Are there special exceptions for poor folks with disabilities, or am I stuck not being able to get into the 501ts due to this?
  14. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    Actually reading the standards I see you CAN have zippered boots!! Woot, I can do this. It will take a bit, but staff officer Wolf coming up!
  15. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey Appo, how's the Appo armor coming? Have you been taking lots of build pictures? Been taking lots of notes? I may want help putting some clone armor together for a Clone wars Obi Wan some day.
  16. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    UM, OH Yes there are some pics I just have to collect them up and start posting them.

Coming to this thread sometime in the not to distant future:cool: