main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Costuming Thread!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sad_Max, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh good speed on the Dengar Mika! I love that particular character. =D=

You mentioned something about having so many costumes in the works above. I know what you mean.

Appo: Mando, Vader, Darth Nihilus, Ep. III Clone Trooper
    Me: Mando, Scout Trooper, new Zannah Currass

I've been working on the curass, the Scout, and the Mando now since before Celebration VI .. well, they've been sitting on the shelf for that long. Its embarrassing at this point.

2. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    The Dath Nihilus should be almost ready...lol

3. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    I have never been into costuming but since it looks like it is a LOT of fun I am wanting to give it a try. I am debating on Galen Marek, Starkiller from the Force Unleashed as my first, any thoughts?? I am Wondering too, which one?? from the first or second game??

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    It's up to you but I was always partial to the first one.

5. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    First one would be simpler with less accessories....

6. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    I'd say
    How much of a challenge do you feel up too???

7. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    well it would be my first one so i wanna leave the challenges for when I am a little more experienced lol.

8. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Then by all means Xan, the first rendition.. much more simplistic.

And Oh!! Say there Darth Lupine... we have decided to go with the COTF Nihilus... the one sporting the utility belt, so we're doing it a bit different. It will take some time. With his height... Appo is going to look like an incredible Nihilus!

9. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Awesome Zannah, I can see that! He's definitely the right height for the costume. I'm just glad it fit!

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  11. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    And here it is! I knew we had one somewhere. Alright, here goes:

Darth Lupine, the first thing I would do is join the local Garrison Boards and introduce yourself. You reside in the MidSouth Garrison area.

Now for the Uniform...
    The following is for the Imperial Staff Officer. Their Uniforms are black. This is the one I chose for myself.
    Legion CRL's for this costume here: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:ID_imperial_officer_black

The Warrant Officer is basically the same costume, however it looks as though it would be a much easier approval due to it does not need the pistol, belt boxes, chalk holders, nor rank badge. At least according to the CRL's it doesn't. This one would be an easier approval and then you could simply upgrade to the Imperial Officer at your leisure.
    http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:ID_imperial_officer_black_nco

This is where I purchased the uniform and hat.
    Imperial Deck Officer: This is not the Grand Mov uniforms, but the deck
    Imp Officer Hat, and it will pass, but the Greebly on it won't. You need to get one of those: http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial-officer-black-uniform-cap-hat.html
    Imp Officer Uniform and it will also pass: http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial-officer-black-garbardine-uniform-costume.html

Here for the boots: [Thank You Mika] [face_dancing] "Todd's Costumes"https://store-ddfc2.mybigcommerce.com/

I'm also going to wear the gauntlets however I'm having trouble finding any that I like.

Well, hope all of this helped.

12. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Indeed it does. I wanted to do the black uniform, but the actual captains wear the greenish ones.

13. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    And here's a question. I have a pair of boots but they have a zipper up the side....because I have an ankle fusion on my right ankle with two screws and I don't think I can get my foot into a regular un zippered boot. Are there special exceptions for poor folks with disabilities, or am I stuck not being able to get into the 501ts due to this?

14. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Actually reading the standards I see you CAN have zippered boots!! Woot, I can do this. It will take a bit, but staff officer Wolf coming up!

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hey Appo, how's the Appo armor coming? Have you been taking lots of build pictures? Been taking lots of notes? I may want help putting some clone armor together for a Clone wars Obi Wan some day.

16. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    UM, OH Yes there are some pics I just have to collect them up and start posting them.

Coming to this thread sometime in the not to distant future:cool:

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Can't wait for the book but the video makes me want to see the actual archive so bad.

18. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I've seen this and .... oh yea. =D= Hmmmmm.... Possibly a topic for next years book club? Maybe? Kinda off the beaten path somewhat but. .... ?[face_nail_biting]

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    [​IMG]

New costume approved by the Rebel Legion

I wish I would have taken this one with me to Celebration. I didn't see any other Clone Wars Obi-Wans. A couple of EpIII and Desert Nomad Obis (and a very good ANH one) but that was it. In fact, except for a couple of kids dressed as Ahsoka I saw very little Clone Wars costume love at Celebration. Hmmm.

20. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Nice costume!

21. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    Looking for an Imperial Star Destroyer captain's uniform, at least the hat. I have the boots, looking for everything else. Advice?

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Will post up in your other thread

23. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Dang Mika it's a shame you didn't bring that obi-costume to C7. I'm sure you would have enjoyed it along with the rest of us. Anyway nice job on the selection of a costume.

24. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    hey Zannah, did you all ever get that Nihilus costume finished? I would love to know if you all got it done!

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I don't know if it's entirely complete but I saw Appo wearing it at Celebration and I think it looked great!