main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Costuming Workshop

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I posted this on the NJO boards, but I figured I might as well post it here.

With Halloween SHORTLY on the horizon, we're going to need some work on our costumes!

Some weekend BEFORE Halloween, I would like to have a costuming workshop. Gary and I have to discuss which weekend is best for us to have it here at our place, so I'll keep you posted on that. Save your pennies, because we'll be making a RAG Shop run as well. I don't want to hear any excuses like, "I have no money." Because costuming is cheap if you make the right costume!

And we'll need someone to bring their sewing machine, and that's it!

2. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I have no money.

3. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Well you better start saving.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I have money. Suprisingly.

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I have a Bernina sewing machine and I would love to attend to help out but my car won't go that far. Anyway of holding this somewhere else?

We are also planning a workshop in the next month or so as well.

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I won't be relocating the workshop. If they can't attend ours, they can probably attend yours. But thanks, Wendy!

I'm in the process of getting my mom's sewing machine. One thing, I need someone who can sew to be there :)

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    When you have a date for this workshop, let me know. Maybe I can work something out and get there anyway.

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay. I just need to talk it over with Gary. We have to make sure which weekends we're available to have it at our place.

9. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    whe she gets back from Dragoncon talk to Diane I'm sure she would be glad to help.

10. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I briefly spoke to her at the BBQ about it. I think October is good for her. I'll e-mail her after DragonCon.

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I just got finished talking with a guy that works for the moving compnay at my work.

Yes...my company sub-contracts a moving company for all of the moves done in my compnay.

Anyways...we started talking about Cons...

Then he mentioned that his friend is trying to make a Robe...a Jedi Robe...

All the ones that he has tried to get, end up being short on him.

So, I told him about our Costume Workshop...

I may have been able to get a couple of new members. :p

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'm trying to recruit some of my friends from work, but they all live in the city and don't really have time to dedicate since they work on the weekend.

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I wonder if a Sunday would be a good day than?

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Sunday's aren't good for my house, only because Gary's got to do all of his week's worth of work on Sundays.

Saturdays are better.

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    it was just a thought.

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Actually, Gary has a TON of shows he has to do with his accounts, so we may have it on a Sunday anyway.

Gary and I are going over his calendar tomorrow night and then hopefully, by Monday morning, I'll have a set date. And I'll book my mommy to help out too :)

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay. Here are some dates I'm throwing out there. I have to speak to my mommy to see if we can snag her for the day.

10/12
    10/19
    10/25
    10/26

Halloween is creeping up like bad underwear. I am going to call my mommy today and see if she can come and hang out. The NYC Parade has been posted on the NYC Board, Gary and I will be there. I hope we won't be the only NJO members attending.

18. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Speaking of Costuming. Can some one crush my dreams and tell me how expensive it would be to put together a Uruk-Hai costume.

Spooky [face_devil]

19. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    10/25 is best for me Marie. I don't know yet though, it depends, but I do wanna have a better Jedi costume.

One of the things we kicked around the RAs in my building is dressing up for Halloween. :p

And the Uruk-Hai costume would be ridiculously expensive. Unless you used plastic. ?[face_plain]

6,000th post. Yay!

20. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Spooky, check the costuming boards to see if anyone's done it first....sometimes if someone's already done it, they can tell you what they've spent on it.

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Hi all,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. But I've been out of town - England, Florida and Dragoncon all within about 6 weeks.

Any time in Oct. is good for me (Sat or Sun). I have 2 sewing machines that I could bring plus supplies. Any idea of how indepth this costuming workshop could be? Are we talking making patterns or are we going straight for making the actual costumes? Just let me know. PMing is best since I don't check this forum often (I'm always in fan fic)....

22. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    DIANE!!!! AWESOME!!!

I want to get something set up asap, at least to get the date down.

OCTOBER 18th- SATURDAY- 11:00AM

agree/disagree? Chime in asap, to make it easy on the host/hostess.

~DG~

23. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Yay! Diane's back!!

Right now, we're looking at October 18th, 11 am at our place.

I don't think my mom will be able to have time with my brother's football games and whatnot. But we'll have Diane, who is amazing! (Just look at her costume book...wow.)

The costuming workshop will be announced at the next meeting, Sept. 20.

Also, Gary and I are planning on doing the NYC parade. I don't want Gary and I to be the only NJO members attending. So keep your Halloween open!

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay, the 18th is fine with me. Let me know by PM what to bring...

25. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    As it stands, I should be able to attend. I'll just have to figure out my transportation method. I'm figuring I can take a NJT bus from the Port Authority to get out there. But don't quote me on that.

-Herb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.