main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costuming?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Jedi_Ankh, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ankh

Jedi_Ankh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2003
    I've been looking at your pictures at the QCJO site and I see many of you sporting very cool and good-looking jedi outfits.

Any tips on making them? Because I want to make one myself.

2. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Jedi Academy
    Jedi Knight pattern

Lightsabers
    "Real Lightsabers" because if you want to be "hardcore" you can be using a Wal-Mart saber.

Jedi boots
    Boots make or break the costume, and this is one of the better places to get some Jedi boots.

3. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    Dont you meen "CAN'T be using walmart sabers?

4. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Don't be intimidated by seemingly difficult projects.
    A lot can be done with things you can find on the internet, hardware stores and local costume shops. Even Wal-Mart has some useful things, just not sabers like the man said.
    Pick whatever you want to do then go over each and every detail and think about what you can use to make that piece. You'd be surprised what you can do with a little brainstorming.

5. Jedi_Ankh

Jedi_Ankh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2003
    Thanks for the help, guys!

There is so much help, I am trying to decided which to follow here . . .

And I'm a little limited when it comes to buying stuff online--the 'real boots and sabers' won't probably seem like a necessity to my mom ;).

(So, yeah, Wal-Mart lightsabers aren't real, but they make the 'whoosh' noise--and the static when it bangs into something! Lol :D)

6. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Jedi Ankh,

if you're looking for a nice but affordable saber prop try this site

www.customsabers.com

They are ok to start with and will look better than a Wal-Mart saber. It's all about the look. If your costume is great but your saber sux-bad.

Also if you want specific stuff made like robes and stuff- check out Strangeland Costuming or IM EchoGreen2. Stacey does a fantastic job.

Or if you want to shell out 110.00 for a good costume go to museumreplicas.com then under search type in
    100486. Boots are expensive-so try www.gprix.com and look for cadet riding boots. You will have to modify with a little extra leathe work but you make a nice set of jedi boots by adding leather straps and some extra leather for the top.

7. qc-jedi_master_damek

qc-jedi_master_damek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    For really good boots go to caboots.com
    the have what is known as the budget superhero there exactly what you want with sizes up to 15 and colors black and brown all leather
    $75 each pair
    $90 for shipping

of course there's always E-Bay but don't wind up with A.F. buying used boots you just have to know how to search.

also they have a simple jedi costume desgin at wally world aka wal-mart #5280 I think. Just look in the costuming part of the book there in the hobbies and crafts section and the ladies that run it are helpful so don't be afraid to ask.. they have any thing from a cloak to robes very nice and you can choose your material....it can get hot if you don't.
    if you don't know how to sew it up then just ask a older relative they probably would like to spend more time with you anyways. LOL

parksabers.com is where I bought my saber but the cheapest they have is 210.00 and it takes 2 months to get it.

good luck with your costuming and remember
    wal-mart sabers suck eww i think i just threw up a little just thinking about them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.