main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Costuming!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Elewyn, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Choda

Darth-Choda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    I've seen some really good boots on e-bay go for less than 10 dollars. Plus they have a lot of variety as well which is good for getting ideas.

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Value Village... Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've found some really good ones there.

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    ..including a good pair for me!

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Grm. I posted this earlier but no one really looked at the thread, so I suppose I'll come here for some extra advice instead:

Date Posted: 4/17 11:46am Subject: Imperial Officer Hat - C3 rush costume

So,

I've desided to rush an Imperial Officer Costume for C3, I have it all finished aside from the hat. For a rushed costume I had to make it black instead of grey.

Anyone know if I could borrow/buy/have made a black Imperial Officer Hat? I'm really not too good at the sewing, yet I saw instructions on the net on how to make it. If I forward it of to someone could someone make one for me?

I know this is really short notice, yet it's always worth a try. Otherwise I'll be the imp without a hat... eh, it'll still work.

Thanks in advance everyone!

5. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Finished my CIII costume to the point where I can show it off a bit! Still needs a few finishing touches. - but overall, I'm verrry happy. (I should be the amount of work I put in it...)

If you see me lugging this around the convention center come up and say hi! I won't be hard to spot - it stands over 8 feet tall!

[image=http://www.pathcom.com/~thething/CIII/costume_cu.jpg]

[image=http://www.pathcom.com/~thething/CIII/costume_wide.jpg]

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Let me just say... WOW. That is one interesting costume.

7. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    Holy Crap man! that has to be one of the most imaginative costumes ive seen yet! did you paint that entire thing? cuz if you did wow!

And I will definitely try value villiage for boots....otherwise ill go to payless and see if there is anything....if not im sure my creative mine can dream something up....such as an extention on some running shoes to make them seem like boots......dude wait thats not a bad idea...at least i know they'll be comfortable right? *starts to think*.....im sure ill work something out.

8. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    The big card is actually a digital print out. I re-sized and rebuilt it in photoshop (along with help from some other programs...). It's pieced together from actual card scans from various sources. The final size was HUGE!

Turned out really well though.

Oh - and for your boots - good idea to just cover a comfortable pair of runners with some canvas/fabric. I'm doing the same thing with the boots for this costume.

9. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

what size do you wear? i have some pretty jedi-ish boots i could lend you. i'm a size 7

10. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    People seem to want me to get my costume finished for the line but I have a problem. I have limited money and I was hoping to catch up on my list of comics that I have missed and few figs i am short on...so I don't know which way to go...costume or figs.

11. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    Thanks Elewyn but I'm a size 9 (which is apparently small for my 5'8" height...dont know what theyre talking about)

I think I'll go with the making the fabric part to go with the runners.

Soon I'm going to draw pictures of my costume so I can get an idea of what and how much fabric I need. When I do I'll post them :)

12. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    brokenyolk...wow! I'll certainly say "Hi" and I'll take your picture. ;)

13. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    Ok I'm totally and completely procrastinating right now from studying for my exams (I HATE CHEMISTRY!!!!) so I decided to draw the costume and colour it...so here it is (the boots are either going to be dark red if i can find a pair....i doubt it....or grey runners with fabric extension)

[image=http://www.webpost.net/sl/slayerwars/bastilafront1sm.jpg]

[image=http://www.webpost.net/sl/slayerwars/bastilaback1sm.jpg]

the pants are just a pair of black pants i bought from Wal-Mart to dress up for UTM's Art Festival. I'm gonna buy a long sleeved black top (Value villiage/Wal-Mart/Zellers). Then go to fabricland and get a bunch of dark red fabric (and grey if I haven't found boots), some trim, and something to make the black lines in the red...not entirely sure what yet but ill find something (if not ill buy a lighter colour of thick thread and just stitch it in). And then if im lazy I'll buy a lightsaber, if I'm not I'll make it. :)

Does anyone have any suggestions? They'd be most appreciated.

14. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    The dark lines could be done with fabric paint as well. ;)

15. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    :eek: very good idea! and so much less time comsuming! you're a genius! *writes fabric paint on her list*

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'll look at Value Village here in London, I seem to have really good luck there, and you wear the same size as me.

17. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    Thank you so much thatd be awesome! I won't be boot searching for a few weeks yet exams are done on the 6th of May...so thats when I'll be starting my costume.

18. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Actually, I have a pair of white boots that look like they would be right, but I think they're a size or two too small (hurts one foot for me to wear them, but I do anyway)

I drew a picture of what I want to make for my costume, and when I showed someone, they said "That looks very Japanese." Hopefully it won't look so much like Samuri clothing with the robe on overtop.

19. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    You can get jack boots @ army surplus stores @ various pricing...

i have a list of patterns for tunic etc. but can't find wear i put it. Go with a martial arts tunic and freehand your tabbards. Simplicity does a costume pattern, but to make it look good it needs a lot of tweeking.

i made up my own costume for CIII just for fun, Darth Princess, i wore the hasbro helmet and a really short skirt etc. There may be pictures on the edmonton boards, we sent them some last night.

Sorry that was a bit winded, if i find the patterns i'll post the numbers,

20. kerberos_kero

kerberos_kero Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    someone know where to find pictures of anakin in Ep III???
    i need lots of pictures of him, to make the costum.
    i tried all the websites that have been post in this topic, but all the pictures are from EpI & EpII :'(

here are the pic that i have.this are screen shots of the trailers.

WARNING THE PICS ARE FROM THE TRAILERS.(for those who want go spoiler free)
    http://www.yue.ca/epIII/

21. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    *giggles* basically all you need is a cloak...and just have it wrapped around you with only your face showing..and just look really angry all the time...lol

basically if you want to go with Anakin before he is Darth it's the same costume as in Episode II...or from what I can tell from your pictures there is no difference between Ep II and Ep III.

Plus if you want to make the costume cheaper to make...don't use leather, either go for pleather or just black fabric.

22. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Well, I've seen three pictures, and it looks like the costume itself is darker, more brown than red, and it's a lined robe instead of a cape.

23. kerberos_kero

kerberos_kero Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    thanks,i want to go with Anakin when he has been seducted by the dark side.

i'm thinking in coloring my hair as his.
    and use eye contacts to have his evil eyes xD

24. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Talk to Primrodo.

He can tell you just about everything you need to know about Anakin Episode 3, and yes there are quite a number of changes in the costume from Episode 2 to 3.

25. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    These link s may help you :)

From C3: http://petridish.net/albumview.asp?a=20323
    Misc: http://petridish.net/albumview.asp?a=19502

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.