main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Costuming!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Elewyn, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    oh right...i forgot about his hand thingie

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Hey, thanks for posting that link. I was looking for more pictures of his robe, and a few of those had angles I was looking for.

3. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Update! my costume is well underway..the corset has arrived (now i just have to squeeze into it >_< which isn't going to be too fun..just have to convince who ever is going to help me lace it up that they will have to hurt to help!

The skirt fitting was yesterday..the fabric is exact and its being taylor made to my body by an amazing dressmaker! had to post to let you all know..they DO NOT CHARGE EXTRA FOR A RUSH JOB! and they have fabric on site.

wardrobeworkshop.ca, just near Finch Station.

heres my deliema tho...

WHERE CAN I FIND A PAIR OF PLEATHER OPERA LENGHT GLOVES???? the only ones i've found are all silky satin variety and those are nice..but not good enough for the amount of effort i'm puttiing into this peice...

HELP!

4. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    did you try Malabars?

5. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

thanks Kat!! no i haven't tried there yet..i'll do that on friday :)

6. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

does anyone know what kind of shoes Padme wears with the black corset dress? i have to go for my final fitting on monday and i've been told i must provide the shoes i'm wearing o_O

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    You might want to look in here.

The Black Corset Piece over at Costuming & Props.

If the question isn't already answered, thats the best place to ask.

8. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Elewyn,

For the shoes that she wears you never really see them becuase the skirt is so long that it covers them completely, so I would suggest perhaps just find a pair of cute black pumps that you find comftable and can walk easily in, becuase chances are that no one will be able to see them underneath the skirt anyways :)

9. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Ya, that's the best alternative. For mine, I'm just wearing white sandels because you never really see them either.

10. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

i found a pair of really nice black cris-cross heels way back in my closet..sort of the sam material as the corset and so i figured i'd go with those. thanks Debs and Bayley!! ^_^

11. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

How much is the costume costing you?

12. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002
    actually because i'm peicing it together myself (which takes longer and is definetely frustrating but sooo worth it in the long run) its not costing too much comparitively. When i first wanted to do the costume i emailed around some costumers and they said there was no way they could even begin to help me for less than $450 canadian..so i left it to myself and i'm doing it for about $200 all said and done. And thats including a handmade corset and skirt. Its expensive..but i wanted something that would last. I figured its my gift to myself instead of going to C3. Plus its an investment as i'm going to use it on the convention circuit.

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    for myself for boots, I found some cool short boots on clearance this fall, and I wore them for most of the winter. They're just above ankle height and brown leather. I love them!

14. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

update: neckpeice and headpeice...done!! i'm really happy with the results. The gloves should be finished on tuesday and the skirt sometime next week too.

nothing more left to do but look forward to showing it off!

^_^ thanks for all your help guys!! my first costume is looking like its going to be a success afterall!

15. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Working on my costume and most of the details are taken care of. But there is one little problem. I don't have boots. I am looking into wrapping my legs with material. Other then that I am trying to find inexpensive means to obtain Jedi like boots. Any suggestions?

16. kerberos_kero

kerberos_kero Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    i already order my Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber from master replicas.
    but i have no idea when it's going to arrive :(
    and my costume it's not going to be ready for the line :'(
    but hopefuly it will be ready for the opening day :D

17. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Spiderfan posted on 5/9/05 10:42am
    Working on my costume and most of the details are taken care of. But there is one little problem. I don't have boots. I am looking into wrapping my legs with material. Other then that I am trying to find inexpensive means to obtain Jedi like boots. Any suggestions?
    [hr][/blockquote]

Tack shop. Cadett boots. About $50. Only thing is I believe its just in black, not brown. The same tack shop might be able to help you find used boots as well.

18. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Sigh. I wish I could have a costume. But I have neither the time nor the money to spend on one. Most definitely not the time. I remember for LOTR, I finally just stayed up the night before to make my Elven cloak and scrounge up something hobbit like.

And now there won't be any other lines after this. Oh well. There's always Hallowe'en.

19. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    if you want to borrow a costume, I've got extra robes and boots, and I'm sure others have extra costume pieces.

20. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Jedi_Kat posted on 5/9/05 4:59pm

And now there won't be any other lines after this. Oh well. There's always Hallowe'en.
    [hr][/blockquote]

and your friendly neighbourhood costuming groups like the Rebel Legion and the 501st!

Don't forget the various conventions as well.

21. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    Finally my "boots" are done! here are some pictures:

[image=http://www.webpost.net/sl/slayerwars/boot1.jpg]

[image=http://www.webpost.net/sl/slayerwars/boot2.jpg]

22. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

i like them!! they look really awesome. good job aina!!!

23. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I ran out of paint!!!!! Must go to Lewis Craft in the AM tomorrow and prey they have the same colour.

Apparently, three squeezy things weren't enough o_O. Must get this darn thing finished by tomorrow night so it can dry so I don't have to worry about getting sparkles all over everyone in line!

Also must complete headpiece and solve the mystery of how the heck to get my hair twisted up into it.

Also must do a million line stuff.

*thinks about bursting into tears, shrugs, and figures it's better to go to bed and get an early start tomorrow*

24. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    thanks elewyn...also my robe now is done...holy crap Arsinoe you did a fecking amazing job on it! i shall post a pic soon after its washed again

and debs...use a lot of bobby pins that should help! and you wont see them.

25. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

not to worry Debs, you'll get it done!!

my gloves are still not ready! i'm really nervous now...i keep harassing the people because they were supposed to be in the store on monday...they better be done! o_O

I'm having trouble getting my hairpeice to sit right also..tomorrow is going to be very frustrating.

Pick up the skirt today tho which is a plus....

where are my GLOVES??? *cries*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.