main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Costuming

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Varekei, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowe_Solo

Rowe_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    Thanks Varekei your always there to help. ;)
    I'll definately look into the books you've suggested.

2. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Actually, I've got some historical costuming book, which I'd be glad to bring to a meeting sometime if anyone is interested.

It's one of the things I miss about the SCA. I made some really cool costumes, but I'm WAY out of practice.

3. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Rowe, here's one sugggestion for your Padme Corset costume (P-7). Check out padawansguide.com for construction details. I also know this really great seamstress who specializes in costumes. I pm'd you her e-mail address. She'd be glad to make it for you. Just send her a picture of the dress so she can quote you on it.
    Best,
    JM :)

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    MY ARMOR IS HERE! MY ARMOR IS HERE! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm so excited! I wish I had time to start assembly... *SQUEEEEEEE*!!!

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    LOL, did you run and show SR when you saw the box?

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    ANOTHER costume?!?! Cool!! Congratulations JB! Can't wait to see this new one.

7. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Pretty close...and he did spend lunch schooling me on parts and such! Now I've either got everything on hand or on order...but: no time! Still, it'll be great therapy putting it together once I finally can, and BeSo is happy for me, and my Padawan is already plotting borrowing it! I just got major mom-points! :D

8. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Totally Awesome JB I know this was the day you have been waiting for, I recently remember the day my the Box with my Custom Made Jedi Belt arrived, I couldn't wait to get home and try it on.[face_dancing]

9. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    We played guess that part. It was fun. I had forgotten how many pieces there were in that costume. All the small parts that get put on eventually but at first they are just in the package and you have no idea where they belong.

I'm still waiting for my TS soft parts to arrive. Three weeks ago the lady told me that she would have them to me either that week or the next. It's now been three.

10. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I'm going to order my first piece for my upcoming Biker Scout costume this morning. Not the armor. I'm starting from the inside out, lol!

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm so excited! Keep documentation of your progress with photos and stuff. Keep us updated on the progress.

12. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Good idea: I'm going to take a pic of the box I got yesterday -- only few pieces have been unwrapped, so I'll set those on top. =D=

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I took pictures of my TS stuff but can't find them now. I thought I had them in my photobucket account but I must have deleted them because they aren't there anymore.

14. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Anyone think I should attempt a Slave Leia outfit?
    OK, what about Taun-Taun outfit? Maybe I could give GL a ride to his next panel...

15. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    How about Admiral Ackbar, JJ? That would be cool!

So I unpacked all of my armour parts, and everything is there and in good order: YAY! Now I have to figure out how to get it all back in the box... [face_laugh]

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Before CIV there was a request from a lady on one of my other boards to make people the soft parts for their TS outfit. I took her up on the offer and she seemed well liked on the boards and he showed her work and it seemed reasonable so I bought some from her. She said it would only take 6 weeks. That was a couple of weeks before CIV which as we all know was in May. It is now close to August. I've sent her two emails to follow up and she responded saying that it would be done in two weeks tops. That was four weeks ago. I'm getting a little worried that I was taken here.

17. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Hope you get your stuff soon, SR!

Today I painted my toy E11 and my trooper boots. The boots came out good, although I'll have to do some touching-up. TK3144 is on her way!

18. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    JB,
    It's a trap! Wonder how much an Ackbar mask costs, anyway.

Seriously, I am thinking either Endor Rebel Forces or Hoth Ground Forces.

19. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    The costumes was one thing that I loved about Star Wars celebration IV. Next year my younger brother and I are going to dress up. He wants to get a Boba Fett costume, with the Jett pack and everything. I'm not sure yet what costume I want.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So I wrote to and heard back from the lady doing my soft parts for the TS. She told me that she was sorry for the delay that some things happened but that she will be starting again and will work hard on finishing the project. I hope to get this soon so I can then start procrastinating myself on getting it done.

In other costuming news I've pretty much have decided to go with the below tartan for my kilt. It is called Angus from the Angus district of Scotland where a few people with my last name can be found. You may have to click on the image to get it right. It doesn't look the same all compressed like that.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/angus.jpg]

21. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    It's a beautiful tartan, SR. You are going to look smashing in it.

22. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Just looking at that swatch of fabric makes me want to go rent Highlander again! "There can be only one!"

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Funny you should say "There can be only one", the motto for that tartan is "The One and Only"

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    That's pretty cool, SR. I like all the blue. I wonder what would happen if I tried to find a tartan...I think maybe somewhere there's a drop of British blood in me but it might be from mom's side of the family (and therefore not so great to honor by wearing their tartan!)...

25. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Hey! Did anyone see the Anime version of Highlander on TV? Oops, wrong thread again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.