main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Costuming

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kanaloa, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Hey all, I was wondering if there might be someone local that would be willing to either help me with making a Jedi costume or do it themselves if I paid for everything, out there. I'm in the springs near Peterson AFB.

2. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    We don't actually "sell" services on the forums, against the TOS or something like that, but there are a LOT of talented people in this group who can either help you or get you in touch with someone who can make stuff for you.

It helps if you have a particular style/color choices in mind before you start looking for help. Also there are patterns by Simplicity (Mc Calls? I forget which) which are costumes that look suspiciously like a Jedi. ;)

3. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    I was thinking of using Obi-Wan's pattern and color scheme.

4. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    which one?

:D

5. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Lol, ok I get it. I want to use the one from Episode III.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Simplicity's would be a good one to go off of then.

The Padawan's Guide also has some excellent information.

7. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Thank you Jedi Girl :) I'll need my measurements before I go get the linen right? Or is there a standard size for the robes?

8. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I found the exact fabric match(according to that website) for Obi-wan's tunic at my Wal-mart in little old La Junta. Unfortunately they are out now. You might check some of the Wal-mart $2 fabric racks for it.

9. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    You should try to get the simplicity pattern first, it will tell you how much of each fabric you need. It will also tell you what types of fabric are good to use.

Usually there is someone around the fabric department that can help you read the back of the pattern to decide how much you need. :)

10. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Thanks all. :) I have the simp pattern for the inner tunic and stuff and found a great site for the boots thanks to that padawan's guide. The outer robe may take more searching. Taking my time though so it's all good. Thanks again for the help.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    One more Jedi for order 66. [face_devil]

If you want an uber nice belt we can get you in touch with the leather queen.

12. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All,

We actually have a seamstress down here in P town who has done numerous Jedi costumes for our group. If you are interested let me know and I will help you get in touch with her.

Later Days...

13. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    I have one close to me, however, if she is unable I will definitely take you up on the offer.

14. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Please do :)

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmm... I should go through my fabric stores and see if I've got any fabric that would work for a Jedi Costume... I already have a Sith one [face_devil]

Kanaloa, if you need it, I do have some loaner robes... but only if you promise to take very very good care of it... I've also been going through my boxes of stuff trying to get rid of fabric and just make stuff... if I have the time I may just make a Robe... that I might be willing to part with... maybe ;)

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I thinks we just need to start meeting again regularly to work on projects/watch movies/hang out. I put pretty much everything on hold during school, and now the only thing occupying my time is WoW, and that could be potentially harmful. LOL.

17. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    I will be completely busy until the first of the year but then I would like to start making something too. My girls want me to make them elf costumes adapted from the adult pattern. That should be a huge project! I need a better Jedi. And maybe a BSG would be fun to have.

18. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    That would be great. Let me know if you need me to do anything.

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Oo! Kaety, I'm working on a BSG pattern (for the new show) so let me know if you do plan on making one :D

And Kanaloa, if I do get around to making a robe... what's your height?

20. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    I'm 6' 00"

21. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All,

The SCJ are working on a mandalorian troop if anyone is interested we are making Sheet metal armour. We already have the patterns for everything and have two full sets completed. I will bring my set with me to the meeting so you can take a look see. If you have any questions let me know.

Later Days...

22. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Oooooo.

Must. See. Metal.

23. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    That sounds pretty cool actually. If possible, is there a way to post some pics of it? I'm not able to make it to Saturday's meeting due to prior engagements.

24. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Are you doing the Mandalorians from the Knights of the old Republic games? That sounds interesting...

JGC- yeah, I was thinking the basic black/gray tank top outfit from the new BSG might be possible for me to complete. What are you making?

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    If you want to pitch in with me, we can order the material to make flightsuits.

Let's see...material is $27/yd. Minimum order is 300 yards...