main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes Discuss TV Here Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, I'm back from Florida to keep an eye on you people :). Time to start a new thread.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    New Lost and BSG next week! I can't wait!

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
  4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Battlestar Galactica! One of the best shows on tv right now!

JF77, I thought I was the only nut awake at this time. You are an early morning person.

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    :oops: I watch BSG, just couldn't figure out what the letters stood for.

Not only am I up this early, I'm awake, too. Catch me anytime after about 9:00 at night and I'm not worth much, though!

6. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    All my shows I regularly watch are MIA: American Idol, Psych, and Deadzone. So I just been tuning in the new CW lately.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I watched the season premiere of Doctor Who and it was pretty good! The new Doc is much easier on the eyes and funny too! Oh my gosh! I thought the new Doc (David Tennant) looked familiar but could not place him. I kept seeing him licking his lips and looking crazy but couldn't figure out why. HE WAS BARTY JR! I'm not sure I still like him but he was really good.

Smallville was okay. I thought Clark's escape from the phantom zone was pretty cheesy.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I don't watch Dr. Who, but thought he looked familiar just from the commercials. Yep, it's Barty Jr. Thanks for clearing that up!

9. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    LOVED Dr. Who, Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy. Yeah, DH, but Smallville is ALWAYS cheesy. That's part of it's charm.

Anyone else watching Survivor this season? I was disappointed they merged to first teams so early on.

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My son and I watch Survivor. I don't think they gave the tribes long enough to really bond before they split them. It's when you split up really tight groups that the conflict and drama come in. And, to be honest, that's what Survivor is all about. My 15 year old son is hoping that the show lasts until he's 18 because he wants to try out for it so bad! Good luck kid!

11. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Heroes is an awesome show. We need a Tivo. I don't have time to watch TV these days.

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Tivo/DVR is awesome. The only drawback is that you spend a lot more time watching TV.

13. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I'm finding Shark fairly entertaining, but then, I really like James Woods.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I really liked the first episode of Shark. The problem is that it's on sssoooo late! I'm just not a night person. Tonight is the season fanalie (sp) of Eureka. I love that show! It's probably one of my favorites.

15. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    BSG, OMG! And DH, how do you like Apollo NOW? :p

(Love the satellite east coast feed--- 3 hours earlier, woo hoo!)

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Kudos to the actor for being willing to put on the pudge for the plot line! I really like the take on the Cylon motivation, how far they are willing to go to foist their values on the humans and how they are so willing to rationalize their hypocracy & slaughter the detainees to punish the humans for what the resistance did.

If the series ever ends, I think we should find out that we on earth are really the cylons, our history is so like the cylon behavior! Although, it might be a little to "Planet of the Apes."

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Anyone watch Heroes?
    What's the significance of that recurring symbol, the one that looks like half a DNA strand?
    We love that show, although it's getting kind of scary and graphic.

18. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Tivo'd but haven't watched it, yet. Scary & graphic? Oh, you mean like the guys with the top of their head sawed off & their brains sticking out? Mmmn, almost time for lunch!

But, seriously JR, they've been implying that these heroes are part of some genetics experiment or research project, so I guess that's the logo of that organization. I think it's the one the Indian hero's (forgot his name)Dad worked for (& maybe the organization that killed him.) But, like I said, I haven't watched last night's episode, yet.

Hey, did anyone notice by the way, Dr. McDreamy & his (soon to be ex)wife on Grey's Anatomy are both Dr. Sheppard, like Jack & his Dad on Lost?

19. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Anyone watch the Colbert Report tonight? They revealed who won the green screen contest. George Lucas came on the show and was pretty funny, until he revealed his own entry. It wasn't as original or interesting as other people's. Thank God he lost, to a chick from Torrance, too. But GL was funny when he lost, he looked very sad and pouty.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JN, I'll still take Apollo. I can whip him back into shape... my way. [face_whistling]

I haven't had a chance to watch this past week's shows yet except Veronica Mars. I'm totally hooked on that show. Darn that JD! I rewatched the season finale and FINALLY saw her in it. She was also with a bunch of young women talking about VM at the end of this past week's show. JD's got it going on. I got the first and second seasons on DVD and watched them while ill this past weekend. Everything makes so much more sense now.

I'm really looking forward to watching everything tomorrow. Even though I've already recorded Heroes, I may just watch the repeated feed on SciFi before going right into Doctor Who and then BSG. I'll catch up on Lost and Smallville this weekend.

Help! TV's taking over my life.

21. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm so behind on TV. I did watch Lost Wednesday. I was so happy when Sun shot that woman. JR, I'm watching Heros too. What is the lady from Vegas power really? I like it.

I haven't watched the premier to Battlestar yet. I'm waiting for a few episodes to have myself a marathon. I might watch them next weekend when I don't have to work as many hours.

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    The woman Sun shot also played Trixie on Deadwood. She seems like a pretty good actor/ress(depending on what's the correct term nowadays)!

23. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    LOVE Heroes! That and BSG are pretty much my only must see shows right now. I do watch L&O: SVU when I'm home and it's on.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm all caught up, except for Smallville, right now. Hiro on Heroes is one of my favorite characters right now. He's funny. I loved the idea of a costume to protect his secret identity. Japan was Weller Street in J-Town which cracked me up. It is definitely graphic and gory but still fascinating. I can't let my padawan watch it for the gore. I wonder what it takes to make those brothers fly. I keep thinking that the Vegas woman is able to split herself somehow or do things and she's just not aware of herself doing things. I think while she blacked out and found herself in the parking lot she actually went back and cleaned up the garage.

Jamie Bamber (Apollo) is great. LOVE him, though he is wimpy at times. I hated the fact that they ended this week's episode the way they did (I don't want to ruin it for SR). It was just getting good.

Doctor Who was okay, I liked that the "nobody" kid, Kenny, was the hero.

Oh, and Wallace's RA on the season premiere of veronica Mars introduced Veronica to the term "frak" from BSG. He said it was the curse word of the future and he was trying not to curse so now Veronica uses the term. It cracks me up!

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Can anybody help me? Where did House go? Obviously, I didn't get the memo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.