LA, CA Couch Potatoes Discuss TV Here Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, this afternoon I finally set up the Survivor timer 'cause I wanted to take a nap. I had a busy day and am in fun sinusy times.

Stephen Colbert is on LKL right now and it's pretty great, even though it's Larry. :)
  2. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait for Project Runway.

I watched that interview ES, love ColberT to death!

Just saw my top model...it was makeover day and like every time, someone cried and had a freak out. So much drama!
  3. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man, sometimes I forget how awesome he is (real!Stephen, y'know? As opposed to character!Stephen...), but he really reminded me tonight. :D

I like Top Model too but haven't actually tried to watch it since like the second year (the one with Mercedes, the chick with lupus), but I've seen random eps from other years on vh-1. I reeeeally liked Australia's Next Top Model but vh-1 only showed the first 3 episodes and I had to download the whole season to see the rest (which I've actually yet to watch). The Aussies were so much more amusing than the American chicks, and they swore a lot and could all drink since the drinking age there is 18, etc. So yeah, WTH, vh-1?!
  4. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    I loved the last two seasons of PR. I really despised Jeffery, the winner from last year. He was mean!
  5. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If I remember to dvr it, I may try out the Women's Murder Club tonight.
  6. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't mind Jeffrey TOO much but he was a jerk. Loved the other winners though, and I loved that one guy from last year who was blonde, Austin,and looked like a chick. I forget his name but he designs high fashion wedding gowns now.
  7. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I used to be addicted to Americas Next Top Model, but gave it up this year. (Too many other good things on Wednesdays)
  8. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like crime dramas so I may check out WMC too DH however I don't see me sticking to it as I mean four women come on.
  9. JediNoc Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm baaaaaack in TV Land! My home remodel is basically done and the new TV is now setup. I don't have the HD package from DirecTV yet though as their HD DVR (boo hiss, I'll miss my true TiVo!) is on serious backorder.

ANYWAY, I've set some season passes based on all of your descriptions. Not sure I'll enjoy Moonlight but I'm going to give it a try. I look forward to catching up on Bionic Woman and ...Daisies etc. Thanks for the suggestions!
  10. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I kind of liked the Women's Murder Club but then again I enjoy those kinds of shows. I'm finally caught up with Torchwood and it was great but man, the last episode, Countrycide, was sick. Also, they curse and do stuff that lots of other shows on regular "dish" channels just don't do. There was one about the "energy" of men that caused my padawan to walk in to see what was happening. Needless to say it was hard to explain.

I like Pushing Daisies a lot now. Maybe because of Lee Pace, the lead, maybe because I kind of like the dynamics.

Life is cool too. The lead could be nuts. I think his partner was not part of the conspiracy, either that or he's trying to get himself in the clear. I don't know which.
  11. JediNoc Jedi Master

star 3
    OK, I added WMC to my TiVo list now too. Thanks for the recommendation, DH.

YAY, I can watch Heroes tonight from the comfort of my couch, a luxury I haven't had since the season opener.

Does anybody watch Law & Order: SVU? I missed the opener for this one so I don't know how they all got through the investigation/ law suits from last season's closer.

12. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like Chuck too. It's on before Heroes. It's kind of cute. In a lot of ways Reaper and Chuck are kind of similar. Both feature leads who are in dead end jobs. One is an underachiever (Reaper) and the other (Chuck) is kind of disillusioned because he got kicked out of Stanford (he was framed). Both are nice guys and there are quirky best friends and unattainable girls. Both are way over their heads with their assignments (Reaper - collects runaways from h-e-double hockey sticks and Chuck - CIA and NSA and all sorts of other secrets associated with various pictures). Any way, I don't know which will still be around. Chuck is directed by Robert Duncan MacNeil from Voyager and Exec Produced by McG. Reaper is a Kevin Smith production. I think he only directed the first episode.
  13. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I posted this September 26:
  14. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    American Dad last night = priceless!!!

The whole secondary storyline where Roger dupes Steve into thinking he's received an invitation to Hogwarts (by hurling a plaster owl crashing in through Steve's window with a parchment letter taped to it), then luring him to a crackhouse where Steve thinks it's Hogwarts with a 'disguise spell' was great. I won't spoil what happens, but it just gets better and better...a highlight was Steve being led into the meth-lab room and pronouncing it "the potions classroom, and you're my Ron Weasley!" That finished me off. Cherie's got bronchitis right now and she was laughing so hard, she sounded like she was in a Dickensian workhouse...

Also caught Frisky Dingo on AS after the SW double-header -- the "Haggar Pants Presidential Debate" -- complete with a giant promotional pair of pants atop a convention center -- when attacked by outside forces with the rallying cry of "The pants are coming down!" -- little things just make me happy...

Mary-SPJ

15. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Spoiler warnings, please. Some of us have DVR's and just haven't seen it, yet.
  16. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Both Heroes and Chuck were predictable but good last night.
  17. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Terribly sorry Varekei -- I usually do, and didn't check the post to make sure. Slapping my hand for ya.

Mary-SPJ
  18. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Oopsies!
    (Anyway, your post made me realize I forgot to tape it! NOOOOOOO!)
  19. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    The one show I watch, Heroes, I could watch. I don't like when work gets too busy! Don't they know I have a life!!
  20. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    HA! 'Well, not so fat now, am I'? :D :D :D

21. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Whaaat? You just cracked me up at work, thanks ever so, I needed that, really. But, what in the Galaxy is that line from???
  22. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm behind on everything with the double job thing going. I hope to see Heroes tonight but I may just skip it for bed instead.

I'm also dropping Flash Gordon from my list of sci fi shows. It sucks and I'm upset about that. I was hoping for something along the lines of BSG but instead I get campy poor dialog and dumb CG.
  23. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm kind of enjoying Flash Gordon in the same way I enjoy some other light weight SciFi shows. But no, Battlestar Galactica it ain't!
  24. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a question about heroes. I've only seen some of the first season. When Hiro went back in time to save Charlie, did time still not change? Was she still murdered or did she die from her tumor? And if she was murdered, does that mean Sylar remembers everything now? If time didn't change, does that mean she remembers Hiro, and is just not telling him when she sees him again after months?
    It seemed to me that she still died, but wasn't murdered.
    And how is Sylar finding these people?
  25. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    To the best of my recollection, most of those things were left pretty vague, but I think the implication is that she died from the tumor, not Sylar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.