main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes Discuss TV Here Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    For a few years, beginning with The X-Files' 5th season ('97-'98) and then spreading to its other shows, most FOX shows didn't start their seasons until November, so that what's happening now wouldn't happen--shows' seasons being interrupted for a month. FOX has been the home of baseball playoffs and the World Series for at least that long, and the baseball games prevent normal primetime shows from being on....

So, to answer your question, House will be back on Halloween at 9pm (like the ads they run every night say ;) ). :)

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I guess I'm not much of a FOX watcher, except for House. Thanks for the info!

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    House is on hiatus at the moment while the World Series is on. It'll be back after the series is over.

I'm loving Heroes, Studio 60, Jericho, Lost, BSG, How I Met Your Mother & House so far this season.

I'm losing interest in The Nine each week.

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    My DVR crapped out during Jericho last week. Wha' happen?

5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    [face_thinking] Some guy from Denver turned up all burned. The sneaky out of town cop guy knew him and was told they had a traitor, they found the burned guys family all dead on the outskirts of the city, the burned guy said "They're coming"

that's bout it from what i can remember, think you may be able to watch it online at cbs' website.

6. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Nah, that's all I needed. I saw last night's & that got me up to speed.
    Thanks though.

7. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Your welcome.

Treid watching the nine again, it's officially being moved into my rubbish show pile.

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I watched Heroes this past weekend and I'd love to know who else was happy to see our little Hiro all grown up?! It looks like it's getting more exciting. I can't believe the cheerleader (is her name Claire?) did what she did! And what's going on with Nikki?

RIP Pegasus! BSG was exciting. What happened to Baltar? Is he with the colonists or did he go with the cylons? What's going to happen now that the Cylons have Hera?

9. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Loved Heroes!!! Yes, yes DH! I absotively adored that glimpse into their future.

On the original BSG Baltar did join the Cylons and became their commander. This one is much more complex (and cuter, too). It kind of reminds me of Annakin's slip to the dark side.

Did anyone else think, "They should have let Sharon keep Hera!"

10. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Technically, Baltar was never the commander of the Cylon Empire. That position was held by the Imperious Leader. Baltar was given command of one BaseStar, and even then he had Lucifer watching over him and reporting his activities to the Imperious Leader. He was actually a puupet of the Empire, whose only purpose was to find and capture Adama and his rag-tag fugitive fleet.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Go JJ!!=D=

As I was reading your response it was all coming back to me. I remember!

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Do you guys think that cylon really loved Starbuck? If so, how sad; how pathetic. Cyber-stalker!!!

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I think he saw a soft side behind all of her strength and just wanted to use it to break her. I was suprised by what happened with her and the little girl. I sure wasn't expecting that! (I won't say in case some haven't seen it)

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah, poor Starbuck. I think Leoben (or however it's spelled) is just trying to mess with Starbuck's mind. I think they were trying to get her to love him so she would bear a half Cylon baby. If they gave Hera back to Sharon she would be super mad at them for making her go through all that.

Last night's Heroes was awesome. I can't wait for next week!

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I MISSED HEROS LAST NIGHT!!:mad:

The padawan is grounded from all electronic type entertainment. When that happens I usually forget to turn the TV on! UGG! Don't they replay it again sometime during the week? [face_praying]

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Check Sci-Fi channel listings, I think it's on there on either Friday or Satuday evening.

It was excellent last night but they need to pick the pace up a little more.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They replay Heroes before Doctor Who on Friday nights on SciFi Channel. Set your DVR or VCR to record it. It was a great episode. I was telling JR that I had read that Heroes was picked up for the entire season. It's going to be great. I want to know how Pete got his scar and what it looks like. I imagine it must be a fairly considerable one if it's mentioned like that. JR also told me that Pete probably absorbs and uses the powers of others which is why he was able to fly with Nathan around and why he was able to paint last night (sorry for the spoiler JF77). It's one of my favorite shows right now.

Tonight is Veronica Mars. Watch it! It's a great show and you may also catch a glimpse of JD during the Aerie Tuesday commercials!

18. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I meant that they never should have taken Hera away from Sharon in the first place, not that 1 year later the Pres. should say, "Oh, by the way, here's your daughter. She's not dead after all. Ha ha, gotcha, Sharon."

Heroes just keeps getting better & better!

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The padawan and I had guessed about Pete being able to mimic the powers of those around him. We compared him to Rouge in X-Men. I'll have to find out on Friday what he painted! No spoilers, please!

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Last night's Veronica Mars was okay, not spectacular. Logan and Veronica forever! I did like Duncan a lot but I think the dynamic with Logan is so much better. I guess that's why they got rid of him otherwise there would be Dunonica shippers running around versus Loganica shippers. Dick's finally coming around to being nicer to Veronica, though he's still condescending. I feel like such a perve watching it because the guys are cute but they are all so young. Still, the story lines are typically very good. It was good to see Laura San Giacomo on VM last night interacting with Enrico because they were in "Just Shoot Me" many years ago. I feel like such a stupid little fan girl.

New Lost tonight! Yeah!

21. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003

Enrico Colantoni's best role was as Mathesar in GalaxyQuest!

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, at dinner last night everyone was talking about "Heroes." This is the big hit of the season, seems like. Anybody watch it?

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Dude(tte)! Scroll up a little. We've been talking about it on this thread for weeks. Definitely check the show out, VK. I think you'll really like it.

24. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh yeah, I see it now :).

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    VK, Heroes is an awesome show. It was the first new show of the season to be picked up for a whole season. If you miss Monday's episode, they replay it Fridays before the first Doctor Who on the sciFi channel.

Anyone see how FINE Apollo is looking now? He's so cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.