main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes Discuss TV Here Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I lost you at, "So I saw last night's Reaper today"....

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry JT. I guess I got too technical.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    LOL!

By the way, anyone who hasn't watched "Dirty, Sexy Money," I don't particularly recommend it.

I think Kristen Bell's daddy is Bob.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I forgot to mention this but last week's Numb3rs was shot at the building next to JR's and my office building. It was kind of cool to see and I kept trying to get glimpses of my building. I had tried to see part of the filming when they were there but was unsuccessful. JR, on the other hand, was able to see a scene where someone was shot because he has a window cubicle. Oh well... Two people were shot in that episode. I'm curious to know which one he saw, was it the one on the roof or the one in the construction area?

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, so I'm watching BW and the CIA guy, Tom, is cute! I actually suspected him but the other guy maies sense too. A melon in the melon. Cute too. I liked that they gave her a cover as an English transfer student. Any way, I hope Tom is a semi-regular.

I really liked this week's Life. It threw me for a loop. I did not expect what happened to happen. I liked that he got a clue at the end but did not like that the clue may point to his old partner.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I liked last night's Chuck and really felt sorry for Lazlo. What a terrible life he must have had but what a brilliant guy he is. I liked the whole James Bond reference.

I really liked Heroes and totally knew that Mr. Bennet was going to shot that guy. Claire and West's (sorry ES for doubting you) trick was really pretty mean. Stupid Hiro! He had to ruin the story and now everything is all messed up.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Tonight's Pushing Daisies was really good but I knew who did it before it was revealed. It was pretty obvious. Still, it was cute. I really like Lee Pace. No new Pushing Daisies next week.

No new Gossip Girl or Bionic Woman so I'm watching last night's Reaper.

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    It looks like DH is the only one watching tv now. I just finished last weeks Heroes and Prison Break. I have 10 shows to watch to get caught up on things.

Prison Break is getting tired. It's the same story over and over again. The funny thing is that Dominic Keating is in it now and he was also on Heroes. He plays a bad guy in both. He spent the majority of the episode of PB in his underwear. But he's not for my tastes.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I thought he was cute in Enterprise, though I think my favorite in that show was Trip.

10. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm still watching Moonlight. It's a love/hate thing. I love Mick, but hate how corney the show is. The style reminds me of something out of the early '90s. Did you see the "icecubes" in the bathtub scene in that dump of a hotel in Victorville? Really sad! Also, depicting Victorville like it's a ghost town was totally ridiculous. They should have said it was Barstow.

I like Bionic Woman, but it looks like they're gonna need to step it up a bit if they want the ratings. Life is really enjoyable. Still love Heroes, but Shark is probably my favorite... right after The Dog Whisperer, of course!

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I love Life but have not watched this week's episode yet.

I enjoyed Reaper. There were a couple of twists but over all it was still predictable. I like that Sam is getting used to the devil and is not easily caught off guard any more. I like that Sam and Andi are friends again. Sock cracks me up too.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I watched a few episodes of Reaper and decided against it. I wish I had started Life because you guys say good things about it and now I don't think I could jump in very well.

I remember the scene you are talking about JF in Moonlight. I think the icecubes were styrofoam or something. And the poor town of Victorville. It's small but not that small. It was funny I guess unless you live there.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You can still jump in on Life, SR.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    DH, I missed the first episode of Life. Did they explain his "wall" of pictures and such? What about the guy living in his house and what's up with the no furniture thing?

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They did not explain the wall except it?s in a small room in his huge house.

Here is a synopsis of the first episode. They open with clips of Charlie being beaten in jail in between clips of his ex-wife, ex-partner, attorney, Adam Arkin?s character, and other members of the force talking about how they thought he was guilty (well, except his attorney and Adam) and how glad they are that he has a second chance. They also say there is some settlement but no one will say what the value is.

Charlie and Rees are on their first assignment together. Rees is assigned to Charlie because she worked Narcotics and got hooked. Rehab has worked and now she is clean but we don?t know any of this right now. The case is a boy?s murder. About 10 feet from the shot body of the boy is the boy?s dog. Charlie tries to figure out why the dog has not moved from the scene but is not right next to the boy. They also cannot find the bullet that went right through the boy?s body. Well, Charlie looks at the belly of dog and finds blood. The bullet is in the dog. Then Charlie takes a pocketknife, stabs into the ground near the dog, and finds a finger bitten off and buried by the dog.

They interview the boy?s parents. The bio dad is in prison. He tells them that he does not know who killed his son and that he is mad because he cannot even attend the funeral. He says no one in prison would kill his son because inmates reciprocate.

They go to the boy?s home. The adopted dad is kind of antsy, which Charlie attributes to pot. He tells the dad that police will be there shortly and he should flush the pot. Rees gets mad at Charlie for doing this. They talk to the mom who reveals that they were recently burgled but the perp was not caught. They also find out that the boy was part of a Scout troop made up of boys whose fathers are in prison.

Charlie drives this fancy car, I forgot what kind it is, I think it?s a Bentley or something like that. He spends his evenings pulling over his ex-wife?s new husband and telling himself he?s not attached to the car.

Charlie and Rees interview a friend of the boy who is also in the same troop. Charlie is able to break through to the kid and finds out that murdered boy was IM?ing someone who says he has proof that the kid?s father was innocent.

The Lt talks to Rees. Apparently, LT and Rees? dad were partners once. LT says they are trying to find out why Charlie came back and wants Rees to rat on Charlie if she sees anything. She mentions the pot flushing.

They talk to the boy?s mom again. After hearing about the IMs, she confesses that the robbery was committed by the boy, that he was probably trying to raise money to pay for the information even though he knows his father is guilty but a boy wants to believe in his father so he was fooled.

They find the guy who belongs to the finger. He?s a cocaine dealer who is hopped up on drugs and won?t go without a fight. The dealer tells them he wasn?t the killer that he was trying to stop the killer but the dog bit off his finger. The dealer shots and accidentally breaks open bags of coke. It gets all over Rees who goes crazy. Charlie shots the dealer. Rees gets Charlie to help her into a shower where she washes the stuff off. Charlie asks but she won?t tell him why she wigged out.

They bring the killer in to talk to him but he won?t confess so they tell him they are putting him in prison for parole violation ? talking to the coke dealer. They are going to put him in the same prison the boy?s father is serving his sentence. The boy?s father is following the killer as he is being led into the yard. The killer asks for police protection but is denied. The killer confesses.

Rees is jogging and LT is waiting for her. LT says they are ready to act on the pot disposal. Rees says she never saw the father do anything so she won?t testify.

Adam Arkin, who was in jail for embezzlement, is with Charlie in an orange orchard. Adam wants to drive the tractor and does, right over Charlie?s fancy car.

They go home. Ada

16. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Moonlight is reminiscent of Blood Ties (a Lifetime series about an attractive mortal woman private eye and the cute artist male Vampire who assists her) as well as Forever Knight (about an attractive male Vampire homicide detective and the cute female coroner who assists him.) Forever Knight even had an ongoing subplot about the hero vampire's dysfunctional relationship with his 'sire'. The hero's name was Nicholas Knight.

By the way, I now think the mysterious Adam is Kristen Bell's Dad.

17. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Hey Varekei, do you watch Smallville? I saw last night's episode and Helen Slater came out. She played CK's mother, Lara.
    I was so excited bc I met the actress at the mini-con last September, remember? I was waiting for this episode to come out.
    Go Super-Girl Go!!!

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I really liked Life. It was well done.

JM, I liked last night's Smallville also. Did you catch the "galaxy far, far away" comment? Now that Clark has his mom's DNA, will he make another mom? Did Lionel lose the hand or is it just super damaged. The scene where he pulled that bear trap off his hand made me cringe.

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    DH, thanks for the rundown on Life! I thought last night's episode was really good!

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    And the same thing with this thread being too long. I thought we loved the chance to start new threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.