main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes Discuss TV Here Part Deux

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I've been watching 'Heroes' with my sister, and we agree it's awesomely cheesy. It's a STUPID show ("save the cheerleader, save the world" is the tagline/whole point of the show? hahaha!), and a casual X-Men fan (e.g. me) sees that most characters are quasi-ripoffs, at least abilities-wise, but it has some charm to it, esp. the Japanese guys, who are great. I also like the senator, and the multi-personality chick's bf and kid. Kind of annoying peeps so far are the cheerleader, the Rogue guy (the senator's brother), the painter, and multiple personality chick. And cheerleader's dad is a creepy-ass.

2. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I havent been able to follow heroes too much, but Ive been tuning into Monday's on Fox for Prison Break! Although it may seem like running and running I enjoy it.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm watching Heroes as I post. Sure, there are some cheesy/rip off-y things but it's still a great show. I guess I wish I were one of the Heroes.

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    We love Heroes (as I've been saying), but we need a Tivo so we can fast forward through all the dang commercials! Plus we need a Tivo to handle the situation when 24 starts and Heroes is still on. I know nothing about Tivo or DVR's in general. We want to record shows, and be able to transfer them to DVDs. Also, there is no telephone line close by to where we have our TV.

5. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Ooo, good call, JR. Unless my dad won't ever be watching anything Monday nights, looks like I abandon Heroes mid-January. Unless I decide to put a new harddrive on my credit card (not likely)...'cause I don't feel like having to dl Heroes, really. Yea, new Twenty Fouuuuuuur!

6. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Seeing the Borat move made me miss Da Ali G Show. /sigh

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    So, uh... who has Cinemax HD and an HDTV?

8. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Uh, I do?

9. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Heroes plays several times a week, including Friday nights on SciFi just before Dr. Who. It also plays once or twice more on the network and I think once more on SciFi (but, I forget when).

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think JR is wondering because they are playing all six Star Wars movies this weekend on Cinemax. Party at JJ's!

11. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks, VK2. I just noticed that the other day, actually!

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    George Takei has been signed to play Hiro's father on Heroes

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I feel like the total fan girl but at the end of last week's Veronica Mars they asked people to vote in a LoVe (divided by sign) Piz = ? poll where they wanted people pick between Veronica and Logan, Veronica and Piz or Veronica and some other random dude. Logan and Veronica forever. I heard they ordered 7 more episodes so they will have almost an entire season (20 shows).

I heard on KROQ that George Takei was going to play Hiro's dad. I thought last week's Heroes was awesome. I knew Claire would get Peter going again. I have to admit that Sylar's power saw finger just creeped me out, that and all the blood from Jackie and Claire's mutilated only to be reanimated face.

I think they are filming Heroes in LA tomorrow (NBC Universal has requested a street closure) and I want to go by just to see.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Hiro just spoke with Hiro! [face_laugh]

The watchmaker is Sylar, isn't he? You can so tell. Of course there's a good chance I'm wrong. I guess I'll just edit my comments after Heroes is over then.

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I didn't like Heros much last week, but last night's episode was great. I too thought it was funny when Hiro talked to Hiro. He is so funny. What are Sylar's powers anyway? He takes whatever power of the person he kills? I don't know.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My guess is he must be consuming the brain since he's getting the powers which Dr. Suresh says comes from the brain. I think there's one more new episode before they go into their hiatus.

Tonight's Veronica Mars - OMG :eek: ! Logan and Veronica forever. I was half right with respect to the baddie. Logan thrashing the sheriff's car to get at Mercer was classic.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    HE EATS THEIR BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be sick.

I don't watch Veronica Mars though I did see one episode a few months back and it did seem quite good. I used to watch Nip Tuck on Tuesdays but stopped because it got to be too sexual and weird.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think Sylar started out with super hearing (like Jamie Summer's ear) but it wasn't enough for him. I think he must have registered something slightly to have been good enough to be on Dr. Suresh's radar. He must take the powers of those who's brains he takes, after all, they asked what happened to the brains of that little girl's family. It is very sick. Poor Hiro. He tried so hard.

No Lost. I don't think there's a new Smallville either. I don't think there's a new Doctor Who or BSG on Friday. What will I do?

It's JD's fault I got hooked on Veronica Mars. Oh, and this weekend while doing laundry I watched part of the Monk marathon. It's a good show.

19. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    like Jamie Summer's ear

You Rock DH, :) Very cool old school reference! Wonder how many people on this board will get that!

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That goes without saying, D-B. Nice to hear from you.

21. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I haven't watched House yet, and have to wait 'til Heroes is rerun on Friday on SciFi to see that. And I'm like 2 weeks behind on TDS/TCR. Oh no!! Yeah, Devi's way obsessed with VM. I've still yet to watch it...She even has Logan's car!!! A yellow Xterra. And she got him to sign it--the cast do lots of mall appearances and they recognize her. :)

Also, apparently DirecTV is showing a U2 concert from last summer in Milan (it's not on dvd or anything...) on channel 100 or something, but I have Dish Network. *big pout*

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got that reference too. I'm recording something now but couldn't tell you what really. I have no knowledge of when things come on anymore since Tivo. I just see the red light on. I don't like to watch tv when I get home from work. I like it quite. Devin the roommate likes it loud sometimes.

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Just in case anyone's interested, Cadfael, a medieval mystery series is starting on KLCS this Saturday at 9PM. I recommend it highly for anyone who enjoyed Name Of the Rose.

24. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I was just wondering what this "television" term everyone keeps referring to is. Perhaps it's some archaic form of the Holonet?

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    ES, does JD really own Logan's car? That is so cool! I wish they would show the Aerie girls again because then I can see JD on tv again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.