main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes Discuss TV Here

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Tonight is the 200th episode of the second best Sci-Fi series to start with Star (second only to the Trek)

Stargate SG1 will show its 200th episode tonight on the Sci-Fi Channel.

[image=http://www.zarabeth.com/galleries/albums_a/amandat/Amanda_Tapping_004.jpg]
    with Amanda Tapping. Hotness.

The moderator edited two of the three images.

2. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Lotta good shows on Friday nights now'a'days. Guess it's TV's acknowledgement that the world's full of "geeks" who don't go out EVERY Friday night.

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I left the TV on tonight while doing some work and didn't much pay attention to it...until its badness finally broke through.

OMG - The Gilmore Girls HAS to be one of the worst shows of all time! Terrible acting, terrible writing...when I finally realized it was that show so many love I realized my jaw had actually dropped in shock.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Stargate SG-1 has been cancelled by Sci-Fi.:_|

I can't go on. I need help. What are we going to do JT?

Atlantis was renewed for another season though and that's good. I just hope they end it well. This is it's tenth season. 215 episodes.

I may need to do a marathon.

5. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    This is really sad news.

15 more episodes. :( I wonder what Sci-Fi will do with Sci-fi Friday?

Atleast we will have Atlantis.

In the end, 'all good things...'

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Say it ain't so!!! :_| Somehow I missed that announcement. Please tell me you're mistaken![face_praying]

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Survivor- Cooke Islands- Where are you?

Nip/Tuck- Where are you

Lost- Where are you?

I am getting impatient waiting. BTW, Invasion fans,... they cancelled it. So angry!

This years Survivor, is filmed in the Cooke Islands. Carolyn and I had our honeymoon there. I can't wait to see it!

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm never going to watch another reality show again. Sorry DB but I'll have to see the Cook Islands some other way.

Nip/Tuck I can't forget to set the season pass for. I think it begins on the 5th.
    Lost, Again I will watch it though I really don't like it.
    Invasion was ok I could careless either way that they cancelled it. The sheriff I see has already found a new job as an investigator on Prison Break. That actor gives me the creeps.

Last season we had a bunch of Sci-Fi shows, ex. Surface, Invasion, Threshold, Night Stalker, and Supernatural. This season's theme sounds more cop drama related such as Kidnapped and Vanished.

JT, I bet they move Eureka over to Friday before Atlantis. Sci-Fi really gets on my nerves cancelling shows like Farscape and then Stargate. They really want me to hate them.

9. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    First I am not going to really comment on Bubba's taste in TV shows because he is married and has an excuse.

As for Stargate to be honest I think it is it's time to come to an end. I would have rather the producers of the show decided to end it and not Sci-Fi. I love the fact they made it 10 seasons. I think they should focus on Atlantis and work with what they have with that show. Some of the characters (actors) are going to transition from SG1 to Atlantis, so that will be a good thing.

Not many people know but SG1 almost came to an end at Season 8 when Anderson left the show. They were going to make another spin off called Stargate Command. The show would have included the new cast of actors plus some from SG1.

Really most TV shows in my opinion shouldn't run more then 7 years. It is hard to write new plots and story lines for a show several years old.

I hope they keep Eureka on Tuesday. Friday night will probably look more like Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, & Atlantis. Sci-Fi needs a new Sci-fi future show like Farscape or Firefly. Would be my dream if Joss developed a Sci-Fi show for the channel.

Also Sci-Fi needs to get away from these crap Fanatasy/Dragon and monster of the week movies.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I agree with everything you just said.

Also I may have to retract what I said about not watching Survivor. I just read where they are going to first divide the teams up by race! As a person who studied social sciences in college I might have to just see this now.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hadn't thought about your background. I bet watching Survivor with you could be very interesting!

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I am desolated about SG1! They just had their 200th episode & made such a big deal of it. But, I guess 215 episodes & 10 years is a damn good run. Besides, I think they must be running out of new twists.

Yeah, I think Friday night's going to be Atlantis, Dr. Who, & BSG, too. I love watching Dead Like Me and Eureka for the first time as well as Dark Angel & Nightstalker again. SciFi has had a lot of cool original series, like First Wave, Farscape, the Invisible Man and Tripping the Rift. But they've also had some real clunkers.

13. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I like Eureka too. Because of JD's appearance (which I haven't been able to find yet), I've also started watching Veronica Mars. I also like Psych. It's pretty funny. I think that's it.

14. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I can't believe I am tearing up over a tv show.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm dying for new BSG. I can't wait for October.

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Season premier of House is in two weeks.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    For those that watch Survivor, did you hear about them separating the teams by race? White, Hispanic, Black & Asian. It's got some people really upset. It will be interesting to see what they do with that??[face_thinking]

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Wait, JD was on Eureka? What's this about I didn't know. What episode?

I guess I will be watching Survivor, see what they did. The show was beginning to get dull, I decide to stop watching and then bam! Here they go with some controversy and I have to tune in.

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Wonder if it will be biased like so many of the other "socially conscious" programs (Black/White) or completely impartial like other shows like Flavor of Love (where everyone is a moron regardless of sex, race or national origin.)

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Basically if they look good in a swimsuit I don't care what race or gender they are.

21. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    this time, Survivor is on the Cooke Islands. I have been there, for my honeymoon.

The isle is alled Ayi-tu-taki. I did not even try to spell it right

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JD was on Veronica Mars. i've watched it a couple of times and still can't find her.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That I knew, thanks DH. I thought she was just showing up on every show. That little star.

So there has been a lot of talk about the new Survivor. Lots of people have been speaking up about the show. I guess it is all water under the bridge by now though as the show has probably wrapped by now. It will be interesting to see how well the four smaller tribes stick together once they combine to form the larger tribes. Do people really stick together because of their similarities or is it because the small group is the first group they have contact with and feel comfortable with and that's what keeps them together. Many questions I will have.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well both Psych and The 4400 are over for the season. Cable has weird seasons.

Psych was funny because they were making fun of Comic Con. However there puny set was nothing compared to the real thing. The show won't be back until January and they even worked that into the script as on character had a baby on the show and the rest of the gang said she should take off until January.

The 4400 had a great ending. Isabel got what she deserved. I hated her character. It was creepy how the guy at the end turned to the camera was spoke to the audience at home.

The Stargates were both good too. They won't be back for two weeks though. I wonder why?

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    That last line's a joke, right? You know SciFi & lost of other stations don't have regular programming on & around most holidays.

Last night's Deadwood was announced as the "SEASON Finale." I previously heard this was going to be the last show. Anybody know what's up with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.