1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

LA, CA Couch Potatoes Discuss TV Here

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, I don't usually go around with a Holiday schedule and a TV schedule. It's not like it is actually on Labor Day.
  2. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, whenever I know I'm getting an extra day off, and I'm not feeling ill. I know it's either a vacation day or holiday. Also, good observation SR. Too many TV networks work on some goofy extended holiday schedule, probably because they figure everyone packs away their hair gel & goes a'travelin' over every holiday weekend they can.
  3. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I watched a new show tonight. Justice on Fox. It is about trial lawyers who take on big profile cases. I thought it was pretty good. Learned a lot about what goes on to win a case in the media. I may watch it again next week. It comes on right after Bones which is a very good show though I thought this season's premier was a little weak.
  4. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I watched the last part of this. I've always liked Victor Garber, ever since seeing him star in Damn Yankees -- he's a very good singer, BTW. Each show is going to feature at the end just how the crime was committed. Should be interesting.
  5. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Victor is great, but I was watching it for Kerr. I really thought the guy last night did it VK.
  6. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I think they had everybody going with that last little smarmy look he threw his wife LOL.
  7. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yep! It was like I'm going to get you!

DB, don't miss this Sunday they are going to do a preview for Survivor Cook Islands. I don't know what time though.
  8. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks SR. I'm also a Survivor addict (notice I didn't use the word "fan"). I'll leave myself a phone message to set my TIVO
  9. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    THANK YOU THANK YOU! DId not know it was so soon!
  10. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Heads up House Fans! The new season starts tonight at 8PM.
  11. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    Nip/Tuck premiere last night. Thought it was pretty good. Really like the show.
  12. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Saw House, VK2. Not sure if I like the new, cozy House. Although the chugging of Vicodin in the teaser for next week looks promising. The cottages seemed in character, although Cameron's bangs have got to go. Now all I have to do is find a BitTorrent for the show, since it's on at the same time as something else I watch and I don't have anything to record it with.
  13. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I DVR'd it & haven't seen it yet.
  14. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nip Tuck was good last night, but it sure isn't for the faint of heart or for the kiddies. It is an adult show no doubt about it.
  15. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw it; loved it; like the bangs; yes, House needs to get a little um...er... bi...I mean, edgier again.
  16. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    New BSG October 6th! I can't wait! YEAH! Oh, and new time also, 9 pm so for us Dish people that means 6 pm. The first episode is a two hour event preceeded by a one hour "what's happened so far" thing hosted by President Roslyn.

Anyone know anything about "Heroes"? I like the premise.
  17. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    The premise for Heroes is about all I know. I'm interested.
    Has anyone else checked out the Webisodes for BSG? Iwouldn't be surprised if they're part of the 3 hour show(s) on 10/6.

Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, Survivor are all coming back for the Fall. Anyone know what else is or isn't returning? Dr. Who? Supernatural? HBO's Rome? Ghost Whisperer?
  18. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dr. Who, yes, with new doctor
    Supernatural, yes, the billboards are all over town
    Rome, don't know, don't have HBO
    Ghost Whisperer, yes, one of CBS's top rated show
  19. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh, goodie! Anyone know what else? Or heard the skinny on which new shows may actually be worth watching?
  20. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    Anybody watch Heroes last night? Pretty cool. I liked the Japanese guy the best. He was funny. The cheerleader bugs me a bit, but everyone else is cool.
  21. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was curious to see Heroes, but I forgot to watch it. We've been watching Vanished. It's pretty exciting. It's kind of like 24, but without the real-time gimmick of the thing.
  22. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Heros. Ya, I watched it and liked it, too. What a turn at the end with the flyboy! I wasn't expecting that! I'm not sure if it was the cheerleader or the actress that plays her that bugs me. She been way overexposed lately. On the whole, I liked it and will probably watch it!

Tonight is my problem!! House or NCIS??? UGG! I love both of those shows and they're on at the same time! :_|
  23. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Tivo'd, but haven't watched it, yet. Want me to record it onto a VHS tape for you, APL?
  24. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    No thanks. Hey, JR, they're replaying it tonight, or maybe Varekai can stick it on VHS for you.
  25. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    JR, let me know before 4:30 today & I'll MAKE SURE not to delete it. (If I don't hear from you, I might watch it tonight and automatically delete it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.