main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes Discuss TV Here

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I think he does have to pay for it, and the reason is because he doesn't want to be close to anyone or form a bond with anyone. He is very distant with people including Starbuck and his father, because anyone he has loved in the past, his brother, girlfriend, home are gone.

I do not think that fact about Apollo should be ignored, as it is important to the character.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I think the material difference is that I don't believe he needs to pay for it because I've got to believe almost anyone would, well...you know... I agree with you though that by "buying love" he can be detached from the relationship. It looked like he was starting to want to become invested with Shevonne and her daughter but she's not that kind of person plus she knew she was only the replacement woman. He just needs to find the right woman and I'm not sure Starbuck is that person. Besides the fact that she's hung up on what's-his-name (it'll come to me), I don't think she'll be emotionally there for him. I think Apollo needs to find someone he can open himself up to but until he gets over that woman on Caprica and all of his excess baggage he won't be able to.

Starbuck made an excellent point in "Scar". They are all fighting for that bright and shiny future but the chances of she and Apollo making it to that future or even Earth are slim to none because they are the ones being shot at and they are the ones putting their lives on the line.

I guess the romantic in me wants to see Apollo happy and settled, though she'll never be good enough for him because she won't be me. o_O

Oh, and it's Anders. I remember now.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Now, Sawyer's HOT!

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That is one thing I just can't understand. I just can't get into Sawyer. He's definitely different and has a very funny sense of humor but I don't understand the draw.

I don't think I have a favorite "Lostie".

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I hate Sawyer.

6. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Back when I watched, I loved Sayid! =P~

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    IMPORTANT question!!

Either I missed it, or fell asleep....

1. How did the being, who is becoming the brother, die? (the half breed they found in the garage) I saw them bury him, but did he just die in bed? Did they show it?

2. How did the Sheriff figure out the Priest shot him? Or did he just know

3. Sawyer is hot. If I were Gay, and not married, I would totally nail him! But, neither apply. So, I guess its Sun for me!!!! She is sweet!

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Dimples, muscles, nice eyes, mischievous smile, good bod. Hate the character or love him -- the actor playing him is still a hottie.

Sayid has a beautiful face, but not as good a body.

Jun (Daniel Dae Kim?) is also a hottie. He's got that tall-dark-handsome-stoic thing going.

OK, sorry to our gents. I'll drop it now.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So I'm watching bsg while on line and devastated at what Dee did to Billy. So far I like the episode but I'm so sad!

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  12. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT HAPPEN!?

ITS NOT ON YET!??!?!?!?!??!

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JT have you watched BSG yet? I need to talk to someone about this past episode. I'm so bummed but I kind of expected it. I watched it twice, at 7 and at 10.

14. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I watched BG, DH. It was like an 'anti-Valentine's Day' episode! Actually quite disturbing but also a bit disjointed, in my opinion, because it seemed like deeper relationships developed during the characters' off-camera periods. Example, that proposal was rather 'out there' to me.

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I have yet to watch anything from Sci-Fi Friday yet. I had a busy tv watching weekend and never got to it. Maybe tonight.

16. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I loved the look on Apollo's face after Starbuck shot him.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    1. The brother hybrid was not complete enough to survive. Yes, he died in bed, just as Larkin suggested they should take him to the hospital.

2.Tom figured out it was the priest who shot him because the priest did not tell Tom that Deputy Luis had come to him for spiritual guidance after he (DL) had run off to live in the woods and that he (DL) did not shoot Tom. I think Tom just made a lucky guess and the priest's confession confirmed it.

3. Yes, Sun is definitely a cutey pie.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, if you haven't watched BSG, don't read this.

Oh my GOSH! The look on Apollo's face and the look on Starbuck's face also. I was kind of expecting it from Billy, remember when he was helping her with her workout? They were so cute together. Ronald Moore, in a previous podcast, said that there were more scenes of Apollo and Dee together but they were cut. Paul Campbell, Billy, was getting offers for other projects and was unable to do some and with others BSG had to fit around his schedule and I guess it was starting to get too difficult to work around so that's why the killed him off. They were going to just have him leave so he could come back but figured that with his job and his affection for Dee it would not be believable and they couldn't keep coming up with excuses for why Billy wasn't around to help Laura. I was so sad. It was so sweet, his debate ring... oh Billy. I miss him already. The reason he did not go with Laura when she was on the run was because he was up for a role, which he did not get, but they had to give him an out just in case. He was so incredibly sweet. I liked Billy and Dee as a couple more than Lee and Dee. And he was so hurt at the bar. Oh, I was so sad when I watched it (both times). I will see it again with my padawan this week sometime. :_|

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, weren't those two been shown together in the first two seasons? So, JN, you've got to be right. I think what we saw on camera was meant to infer more. Yeah, JN, like you said.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess I wasn't bothered by the relationships because I listen to the podcasts so I know a lot of the backstories and reasons for various things that happen on BSG so it did not surprise me. Also, since I knew that Paul (Billy) was getting other offers his death wasn't a big surprise but I was still sad. I really do miss him. And that scene with Laura fixing his hair made me feel so much sadder than I expected to feel. I wonder how Apollo will feel when he wakes up. I wonder if he knew about the ring. I think it was implied that they had some sort of relationship when Dee was talking to Apollo in the gym and she said he was avoiding their lessons and stuff and she did not know where they were going. Oh, Billy.

Did I mention that last week's Smallville was Cree-py? I watched it Friday night in an empty house (Mr. DH and our padawan were off on a ski trip) and needless to say you hear so much more when you are in an empty house. I am not a scary movie/tv show kind of person. I think SR and ES can attest to that fact.

21. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah it was unfortunate that Billy had to die the way he did.

But if you think about it he was already dead on the inside for what that heartless Dualla did to him. Ripping out the poor baby faced Billy's heart and eating it in front of him while patting Apollo on the butt and laughing. Just goes to show you some things are colder then the dead of space.

So in a way it was a mercy killing.

Happy Valentine's Day.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JT, you have a poetic soul :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was heartless rejection. That was my first post about the show. She should have told him because I'm sure Lee knew about them, he did watch when Billy was helping Dee work out. Poor Billy, he was completely blindsided by the Lee/Dee relationship. He was so sweet. RIP, dear sweet Billy.

23. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I only got as far as Stargate last night. I have yet to watch BSG though I know Billy dies. I was spoiled on another board. I knew I should have stopped reading but went one sentance too far.

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Houuuuuuse. Who watches House? SOMEone must watch House. (someone won't give me a call back to talk about it, so I must talk to no one here instead.....)

OK, the petty/awesome self-trial of the migrane medicine was great. That *noise* he made there, whoa. Plus then the LSD + anti-depressants to get rid of the migrane, + shower, TRIPPY MUSIC, "seeing music," annoyed Cameron, etc. made for endless glee. House under massive migrane was great--lying on the floor with a book for a pillow, Wilson annoyed at him and making noise and talking loudly intentionally, but getting House some water anyway (it's love), etc. Um, there was more too. Oh yeah, and the stupid migrane doctor was this creepy dad guy in the very creepy XF episode "Die Hand Die Verletzt" (second season).

For some reason there's a new episode next Monday before 24. Dammit, that's during 360...maybe I'll have to dl it.

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    House sounds really good. I'll have to try it sometime.

But, can I just say:

Sam & Dean,
    sam & Dean,
    They're so cool,
    They're so keen.
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    As you might guess, I really like the show Supernatural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.