main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes of the World Unite! TV part III

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm taking SR's advice and starting a new thread.

Yeah Life! This week's episode was really good. I hope it stays.

I'm really enjoying Woman's Murder Club too. The Doctor from Voyager is on this week's episode.

Oh, and a co-worker/consultant worked on a future episode of Heroes! It was filmed in J-Town in Weller Court, the same place the school girl saving scene was filmed. I've asked him to let me know next time. Any way, it's Hiro and Ando in present day Japan.

2. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    WATCH JERICHO ON CBS OR SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN!

[image=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1106/8434025736a113150d8xk8.jpg]

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JT, because of you I started watching Jericho and it's pretty good but I haven't seen it yet this season. Is it coming back later?

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    That's a good question. I thought they were bringing it back yet I haven't heard anything. Skeet was at Comic Con promoting it this season so I figured it would return but forgot all about it. Keep us posted on it's return JT.

Oh and many of Sony's shows aren't doing too good. Viva Laughlin was cancelled just after two shows. My old roommate worked on that show getting it ready last year and I told him then it was a lost cause. It just sounded awful.

5. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I also heard Jericho's coming back. Maybe it'll come back the same time as Lost. What is this craziness with three TV seasons instead of one and repeats? I miss repeat season. It gave me a chance to watch any episodes I missed, TV shows that were up against something else I watched, and catch up on video rentals.

I'm glad to hear that Hiro gets back to the present, by the way.

Has Cavemen also been cancelled? (Gosh, I hope so! That show was awful!)

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    From what I heard, Caveman still had a couple of more episodes to air and if nothing spectacular happened in the ratings it would be off for good. I never really watched it, maybe like five minutes. I didn't think it would last.

7. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I watched a full episode of Caveman with high hopes. Well, that's 30 minutes of my life I won't get back. I wonder if Geiko will still use them in their commercials?

8. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    A lot of Viva Laughlin was shot at my company--- didn't look good. :(

I'm finally catching up on what TiVo caught for me. It's nice to lie here and do nothing. Very relaxing.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I watched the first episode of Viva Laughlin and it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen. The acting was terrible and the fact that they broke into song spontaneously was kind of funny but it really seemed strange. I was not surprised it was cancelled.

10. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Watched a lot of TiVo yesterday and so far my fav new show of the season is Women's Murder Club. Great stuff so far!!

I'm not too sure about Pushing Daisies. I'm confused and there's too much narration. That *should* un-confuse me but it doesn't.

11. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    As far as I know Jericho will be a mid season replacement and should be on around January.

Anyone else hear that Battlestar Galactica will not return until April?!

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm glad you like the Women's Murder Club, JN.

I thought BSG was going to come back in November. I remember at the end of the last season they had mentioned it was coming back in 2008 but I thought there so many complaints that they moved it up to November. What do I know any way.

I just finished watching this week's Torchwood and it was really good. I bawled my eyes out. Poor Eugene. The Danny Boy scene was so sad and yet so happy. The ending was quite unexpected. I have to admit that it was a beautiful episode. Overall, I have been enjoying Torchwood. though I haven't purchased any Doctor Who DVDs I think I'll buy Torchwood. They curse on Torchwood too which kind of cracks me up because I don't expect that sort of stuff on my satellite channels.

13. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm watching the Amazing Race premier now and OMG the (country spoiler, if you care about such things?) Irish accents! Eeeee! Cute little old man taxi driver's accent! Hot dude that gave directions's accent! Good times.

And, the end... HA-ha! The remorseless cab stealers got theirs, and right away, too!

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I recorded it but haven't watched it. I'm so behind on television. I just really don't have an interest in watching anything really. Watching tv right now seems like wasted time.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Tonight I watched my boys DESTROY the Ravens! Yeah! Man! If you want to watch brawl ball you want to watch replays of this game. I got teary eyed when they introduced the all-time team. I love my boys.

Was Heroes excellent or what? Kensei must be like the Highlander. Stupid Nikki and stupid Mohinder. Peter's got to figure out what's going on otherwise he won't be able to stop the epidemic.

16. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    EIGHT MORE DAYS UNTIL PROJECT RUNWAY...must...hang...on...

Ugly Betty oughta be good on Thu

Mary-SPJ

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    When they showed the charred remains of Kensei I actually yelled at the TV, telling them to cut his head off. But, did they listen? NO!

You know the epidemic will get stopped, but the drama and excitement is how they do it and who all is involved. I just don't want it to all revolve around Claire again. It's somebody elses turn.

Is anybody else watching Chuck or Journeyman? I wasn't really excited over either of them at first, but they've grown on me.

18. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    You know, I don't even remember how Save the Cheerleader, Save the World worked last season. I think I'm failing to see Claire's importance. Nikki, on the other hand, I just don't like.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I watched Chuck today because I was watching my boys. I really liked this week's episode. Bryce wasn't a complete jerk after all and I'm glad for that. Chuck seems much happier now. I'm trying to remember the saying, was it "Want to go to a Toga party?"

I'm watching Reaper right now and it's okay.

20. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Ohhh, yeah, JN, I've always thought Claire was a bit stupid, but ever since she decided she liked that stalker creep, West, I don't like her either.

And I think Niki/Jessica's gonna bust out to be with Micah again and go 'round spreading virus. Stupid girl. I've gone through phases of kind of liking her but, *really*, she was just SO eager to fall into that DL delusion, wasn't she? Bleah. Hey, what DID happen to DL last season? Anything? Nothing?

When was the first time this Adam dude was mentioned?? So like, he was fake!Kensei all along? What was the point of doing *that*? What a weirdo.

Also, Peter is way lame. But Nathan is awesome. Does seeing mama Petrelli in the future mean she's alive and well? They haven't showed what happened to her after she almost got killed! Annoying Heroes editors/writers.

It seems like Heroes actually acheived its potential towards the end of last year, but this year, it's *definitely* back to being the (live-action) comic written for kids.

21. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    DH to clear up the BSG confusion, Season 4.0 will not be till March 2008. But on the 24th, they will air Razor which is a prequel about the first Cylon War. They have been showing 2Min flashbacks on Sci-fi during Flash but you can also warch them online.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JN, the importance of Claire and the whole Save the Cheerleader thing was because by preventing Sylar from getting Claire's powers that night Hiro was supposed to be able to kill Sylar. That of course did not work.

Nikki's a piece of work. She's just too weak as Nikki and too headstrong as Jessica. I'm kind of surprised that Nathan talked her down rather than just take Bob and fly off. I guess they would have had to face her some day any way.

Thanks for the update, GF.

23. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Thanks, DH, I knew it was something along those lines but those lines have gotten fuzzy for me. Seems like a loooong time ago instead of just last season. It will be interesting to see the face-off between Claire's Dad, Bob and Parkman's father (sorry, on codeine right now so names aren't available) and 'Adam.' Sides of 'good and bad' are mixing in an interesting way.
    My favorite characters are Hiro, Ando, Mohinder (yeah, 'cause he's a cutey), Parkman and Nathan. I'm kind of liking the new cousin in New Orleans with the muscle power.

Thanks for the update too, GF. Guess I need to ask TiVo to go hunting for this 'Razor' now...

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Why are you on codeine, JN?

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    With the weather and the fire I would guess it's sinus related.

Oh, and JF, I think those were the charred remains of someone else near Kensei's armor. I don't believe Kensei was charred because he would have healed quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.