Couch Potatoes of the World Unite! TV part III

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountDuku3126 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My mom thinks it is Adama I think.
  2. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Then why was Boomer programmed to shoot him?

Also, we KNOW he's been around for at least 30 years because he's Lee's Dad. And the cylons didn't know whether or not they could reproduce before Sharon's baby. He was a veteran of the first Cylon War & at that time, they hadn't achieved humanoid appearance, right? But, then again, didn't he meet the (cylon)colonel about 30 years ago?
  3. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No time in my life for television. If it's good I'll catch it one day on dvd, blu-ray, or crystals. Whatever the recording device is of the day.
  4. CountDuku3126 Jedi Knight

star 1
    But I actually am not caught up with the series. I am pretty far back. The last thing I remember seeing was when the president was in jail and the fleet was under martial law. So I have a ways to catch up on.
  5. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess it is ok to now tell you this since the commercials have started to air and there was the article on the Star Wars blog site.

Mark your calendars for Monday 28th at 8pm for a two hour Star Wars special on Deal or No Deal. I'm one of the Stormtrooper models, I'm case number 11.
  6. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I never watch that program but will do so just to see you.
  7. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't blame you I don't watch it either. It's a two hour Star Wars special though. I could be somewhat entertaining. There will be a special guest on it as well. I won't give that away.
  8. CountDuku3126 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I watch it sometimes. I won't be home until after 10 pm on that day but I will make sure to have my dvr record it. Thats pretty cool to be on tv like that SR.
  9. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if any other Fan Force people out there are also fans of 'Moonlight,'a CBS series about a vampire private eye, but, CBS has cancelled the show.

If you are a fan of this series, there is a chance that the SciFi channel may pick it up, if they get enough fan response. Please email or snailmail their Programming department if you want the show to be picked up by them.
  10. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    For any 'Heroes' fans out there, here's a lil' bit of nothing:

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/video_display.shtml#mea=232666
  11. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh did anybody catch the Sarah Conner Chronicles Trailer this morning, it looks very promising for the next season, too bad it isn't till the Fall.
  12. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    GF, when was the trailer on? I can't believe I missed it. I love the show I can't wait for next season. Think they'll show something at Comic Con?
  13. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We were watching Fox Sunday Morning 10am-Noon and it was on during one of the Commercial Breaks, I am still looking for it online but no luck as such. I don't know for sure but would think that they will show it at Comic Con.
  14. JediMia Jedi Master

star 1
    Nope, I haven't seen the trailer for Sarah Chronicles. I heard the 2nd season is supposed to be better than the 1st.

Hey VK, any late news on Moonlight?!? I miss that show. :(
  15. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    JM, Did you write to the Sci Fi network to pick it up? I haven't heard anything new, though.
  16. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello there just an Update the Sarah Conner Chronicles Trailer aired again during one of the Commercial Breaks on Fox during the German Grand Prix but still have had no luck finding it on the Web but I will not give up my search.
  17. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I remember reading about Jericho here a bit. I watched both seasons, I think it was an amazing show, really one of the great TV shows I've ever seen. I got hooked quick and I love both seasons. I wish they had the full season two, rather than having to have made it 7 episodes, but hopefully we get more. I understand there are discussions ongoing about a season three on another network or through a DirecTV agreement, or even through TV movies, so we'll see what happens. Jericho is amazing, though. I think if anything Season Two looks HIGHER budget, not lower. Where is there a dogfight in the first season? There isn't! Only at the end of the second season, and then at the start of the second season you get that amazing explosion scene at the start that sort of ends the town battle.
  18. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    CBS cut down Jerichos over all budget quit a bit for the second season. I think its most noticeable in the cinematogrophy of the show. It was filmed more likea soap opera then a TV show.

In any case Jericho was a great show but unfortunately like so many other great shows (firefly, Greg the Bunny, Arrested Development, Dead Like Me, Rome, etc) most people are not finding out about the shows until they are dead on DVD.

There has been talk of more Jericho on Sci-Fi but it won't happen. Universal really doesn't like the Sci-Fi channel and is trying to make it more of an all around younger audience channel. They are no longer developing new shows for the network. I think once Battlestar Galactica and Stargate Atlantis are done the network will switch to something other than Sci-Fi.

The problem with brining a show back for a 1 shot movie or mini-series is that some of the cast move on. That's the problem they are having with the Dead Like Me movie. 2 of the main actors will not be involved in it.
  19. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    JT, I hope I misunderstood you. The implication is that the Sci Fi network is going to be eliminated from our cable line up. Is that what you meant? I think a massive write in campaign might be in order if so.
  20. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe the plan by Universal ans NBC is to make the SCI-FI channel more of just a younger audience channel and less a Sci-Fi channel.

I know there were discussions in changing the name all together kind of like what happened to TNN and recently Court-TV.
  21. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Coincidentally, the Sci Fi channel has an on-line survey about your television watching habits. I took the survey, lied about my age (thanks for the 'youth orientation' tip, JT) and stressed how much I liked the Sci Fi network & how ticked off I would be if it was discontinued or something. I also promised to pass the word along, so here it is. Please, write in to the Sci Fi network and ask them not to discontinue their Sci Fi format or turn it into a kiddie channel.
  22. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think the Sci-Fi channel would really go anywhere, personally, but that's just me.

I loved Dead Like Me, it was amazing. I didn't even know they were trying to do anything else with it. But it was one of the best shows on TV. As for Jericho, I didn't notice that at all, I watched it all back-to-back and it felt very consistent to me personally. I just wish they had more episodes to delve into the other cities' stories.

As for discovering them on DVD, well, I don't watch anything on TV so networks can't really count on me for that. I will discover a show while it's still running if it lasts many seasons, of course, but I always watch on DVD only. I never pirate anything, either, ever, I've never seen a pirated TV show before. I was tempted on one of the Smallville episodes, but decided the quality would be not quite good enough and I wanted to enjoy it for real on DVD so I waited. I think there are quite a few people like me now days. I don't really understand the whole seeing things on TV as they air dealie, I can't be that connected to the TV. I like to watch what I want to watch, when I feel like watching it, and that's only possible on DVD ;)
  23. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    GForce emailed me the following and asked me to pass it on, since he's very occupied today. The sources are two cast members of Stargate Atlantis:

The sources for the following are two members of the Stargate Atlantis cast as well as something very similar from another NBC/SciFi Channel employee:

And So it Begins!!!

Well more bad news was just checking the myspace and I noticed this on the BBoard:
    NBC SCIFI Channel Mark Stern has killed STARGATE ATLANTIS
    Body: STARGATE ATLANTIS cancelled by Mark Stern & SCIFI Channel

Grr!
    There it goes. Once again by Mark Stern NBC Sci FI channel, the same person who played a part in being responsible for instigating the writers strike fiasco that ruined everything on you last year, cancels & kills nearly all of your favorite shows, SG-1, Farscape, BSG, Dresden, etc, and the person who shovels all those poor quality junk sci fi channel movies like Frankenfish and reality gameshows like who cares who wants to be a superhero at you instead of the good quality programming you liked.

Well, if you didn't write letters to the addresses on our site, then now maybe you'll get the idea that this person Mark Stern needs to be removed. If you didn't realize that Mark Stern at Sci Fi channel has been turning the entire genre of Sci Fi into garbage and sequentially killing or tainting all your shows, then perhaps this will finally awaken you. And you'll take a stand against this 1 man wrecking ball of incompetence over there. And to those who've written, time to write again. And to those who wrote 10 letters, time to do 20. And 100 make it 200. Whatever was done before, time to double it. There's no giving up in Stargate.

Donnie died in June.
    (
    You knew him as George. General Hammond of Texas.

He was a great guy, those of you who met Donnie perhaps at one of the conventions know that he was a fan favorite. Unlike the character he played, Donnie was the life of the party. Laughing. Joking. He really truly loved all of you.

Mark Stern cancelled Stargate SG-1 in august of 2006. Now Donnie, General Hammond, has died, and will never get to see or be in Stargate SG-1 again, even if (when!) it returns. Since Stern failed to respond to your wishes and the wishes of all the people of the world, the chance for Donnie to be in it is now passed. Science Fiction is what allows all of us to escape reality and let our imagination fly free to explore all that can be. Sadly unlike science fiction, where Dr. Beckett can return, this chance is gone. Donnie sadly won't be coming back.

Universe has a go. But it won't be the same.

Adieu

Please join me in sending them (or NBC, the parent company) an avalanche of protests. I have this address for Sci Fi, but don't know if it's the right one:

SCIFI.COM
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10112

email: feedback@scifi.com

Or if your cell phone has no roaming charges:
    (212) 664-3571
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.