main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes of the World Unite! TV part III

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    I know SR gave up on it but did anybody else watch the Bionic Woman last night? I realize it isn't the ultimate show but I got to admit I'm hooked. I really like how the character devolpment is coming along. Also just in case anybody misses Razor it comes out on Dvd 12/4.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I haven't given up on it, I'm just three weeks behind. I've given up on Flash Bordom though.

3. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I haven't given up on Bionic Woman yet either but I had a tough transition from the pilot they showed at Comic-Con to what they broadcast. Because my TV was disconnected for three weeks or something, I had a pile of them waiting for me to see and all I kept thinking was, "What happened to the deaf sister?"

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    They told us then at CC that the sister was going to be replaced.

5. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Yeah, they did, but I thought for some reason she'd still be deaf. Don't know why.
    I'm still loving Women's Murder Club for the dialogue. Sharp stuff!

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I also gave up on Flash Boredom (it made me laugh the first time and every time there after) and still watch Bionic woman. I haven't seen this week's yet.

Smallville this week is just, well, unusual, to borrow my padawan's word. Lana got Clark's powers and they caused earthquakes. Kind of funny but really awkward too.

I still like Gossip Girl. It's my stupid school girl fascinations, I suppose. I'll watch Life after Smallville's over.

I heard most of the shows are going to stop soon because most do not have a stockpile of scripts after all. I heard Lost may not come back until next fall or even 2009!

7. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I just heard 24 will not be coming back next season because of the strike.

Maybe this is the chance us Jericho fans need so more people will start watching.

[image=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1106/8434025736a113150d8xk8.jpg]

If not that Fox could always re-air Firefly and pretend it is a new series. Give it a second chance. I bet the ratings would be higher now than when it originally aired.

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I heard the thing about Lost too, which I think is *weird* since I also heard they'd already finished 14 of a planned 16 scripts. I guess maybe the actors are striking along with their writers? I know some other shows' actors are...

I'll miss 24. :/ Though maybe it'll be more exciting again if there's such a long break. The only section of last year that was awesome was the Farmer Hoggett (James Cromwell) part, about 1/3 of the season, I think.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    With Lost and 24, they want to run the shows without interruptions or hiatuses (is that right?) so if they aren't done they won't be. I know some of the actors/actresses are striking. I know Julia Louise Dreyfus's husband is a writer so that's why she's on the line. I think most of them are honoring the line.

10. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Well, most shows have repeats from the second half of November to the second week of January anyway, right?

That being the case, if (and I realize this is a very big IF)the strike ended before the holiday hiatus, how much would it disrupt the regular TV season? I'm not being rhetorical, I really don't know.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It is going to do a lot for TV. It is also going to do a lot to everyone working in LA. Everyone is touched by the entertainment industry here. Everyone knows someone who works in the field.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I've heard pink slips are already being handed out. It's a big bummer.

I really liked this week's Bionic Woman, maybe because Jordan Bridges was on again. I thought the story was fine too. No offense to deaf people but I'm glad Jamie's sister is not deaf. It gets to be too much work trying to figure out what she said or signed. I liked that Leoben from BSG played Victor. David Eick is making Bionic Woman an extension of BSG. Now if we can only get Jamie a spot too.

I also caught Woman's Murder Club which was good. I think they are trying to add too much to Tom and Lindsey's relationship failure.

Torchwood was sad but I really liked it too. Poor Allan and Owen.

Smallville. Tremors. Geez! Stupid. I'd be happy if they got rid of Lana. She's dragging the show down.

Okay, now I am really embarrassed. I did not realize that Gossip Girl and I think Chuck are by the guy who did the OC, Josh Schwartz. I am embarrassed. I really like Chuck and I think Gossip Girl must be like the OC of New York.

13. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Yeah I really liked this weeks Bionic Woman too and since we are seeing BSG Razor in 26.5hrs I will let you know how it is soon.

14. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    I just started watching Torchwood, DH. I saw two episodes last night so I'm still trying to figure out the permanent characters. Very well done series so far though so thanks for the recommendation!

I gave up on Pushing Daisies.

Still enjoying WMC. Had no idea it was from the Patterson books, lol. Guess that shows how many of those I've read. High quality dialogue though.

Saw part of Smallville for the first time in a couple years. Can't believe they're STILL on about the Clark/Lana relationship. Also can't believe they're still dressing Clark in the same blue and red clothing.

Haven't watched the latest Bionic Woman yet.

Can't yet set a pass for this BSG: Razor as TiVo only goes out until 11/23 so far. Hope I remember!

15. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I haven't watched (not sure of the whereabouts, arg) Smallville's 4th season yet, but FYI, seasons 1-5 are only $15 each at Best Buy this week! I might get season 5.

I'm watching a JFK speech on C-SPAN right now. I've only ever seen little clips of him speaking, never a whole speech. He's talking about the separation of church and state. Ah, the good old days. ;) ;)

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm glad you are enjoying Torchwood too, JN though I have to share credit with SR. He started watching first while I was DVR'ing them. I finally caught up after quite a few episodes (I think four). Any way, it's a cool show. This past week's was just so sad. I kept thinking, why isn't Captain Jack dying too (only to be revived)?

Last night's Chuck was pretty good. I enjoyed seeing someone like Chuck for himself though I think Lou's going to turn out to be bad in the end.

Heroes! Wow! Finally we got the backstories on so much of what has happened in the last four months and I'm glad. It was great, though not very action packed. Still it was great. It's kind of funny to see Kristen Bell as a vamp. Poor DL. He was just trying to help. He was a great fireman. It's kind of funny how everything made sense after they showed what happened. I didn't really care about Maya and Alejandro though.

17. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Yeah, Heroes, WOW! At last I feel like I'm starting to understand a few things! No Hiro, Ando or Mohinder last night, though we also were Claire-less, which was good. Nope, not enjoying the Maya storyline much at all. And Bob creeps me out!

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Bob is creepy too. He was in Sneakers and was just weird in that too. You know, when you think about it, Elle must not have a real father since it sounded like she was shunted off to various relatives when she was young and had been living at the Company's facilities for 16 of her 24 years. Perhaps her "dad" remark in her first episode was kind of in jest.

Yeah, who cares about the wonder twins. I kind of feel like they are like Nicki and Paolo in last season's Lost. No one cared or liked them and the viewers virtually "voted" them off the island.

Tonight is Reaper which is kind of interesting but still kind of weak compared to other shows.

JN, Lee Pace is enough reason to keep watching Pushing Daisies.

19. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I agree about Smallville. Time to ditch Lana! Tremors? Talk about cheezey!!!

20. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Man, that Heroes episode should've been the first one this season! With just a couple tweaks, it could've been. I mean, it introduced all the new people! :/

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm off work early today, I'm not going to work on the costume so I'm going to get caught up on some serious tv watching tonight.

22. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    What are you watching anymore, SR?

23. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Is anybody else watching Journeyman or NCIS? I thought Journeyman started out rather weak, but I liked the premise so kept watching. It keeps getting better, so glad I stuck with it.

For the NCIS watchers... what's up with Ziva and Tony?

My DVR only recorded an hour of blankness instead of Shark!! Ugh!

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Last night's Reaper was kind of weak. The fact that Gladys entered Sock's dream world and caused him to have that dream is pure evil. I'm sorry that Andi feels that she will ruin her friendship with Sam if they date. She's all messed up but then again Sock and his old girlfriend don't really seem to get along on the outside but I think she still likes him. Andi just has to take that big step. Sam's so sweet. I did like the get out of Hell free card. I would have kept it too. When that detective asked if the Devil sent Sam to get him I thought he was an escaped soul also.

25. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Added Project Runway to my DVR list. So excited for the drama and the clothes. (DH do you watch it? It's FANTASTIC)

And reguarding a previous post JT made: That was a great idea to bring back Firefly again-re-introduce it. That would rock. And then yes, they could get more episodes. Although I'd settle for another movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.