main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes of the World Unite! TV part III

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Oh and this is slightly off topic but was orginally on TV, we went to the HD Screening of Star Trek: The Managerie last night and to my Horror(It was like the OT Special Edition all over again)they have replaced parts of the Episode with Pure CG new footage! I thought they just remasterd it but now the Enterprise looks like it espcaped from a PC Game, from what I understand this is just the beginning the rest of all of Original Series is getting the same treatment, boy am I glad I have the true versions on DVD. What's next imagine doing a CG version of 2001!!!:_| [face_beatup]

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    APL, I am not a reality tv person so no, I've never seen it. I guess once the strike starts it'll be lights off (tv lights) for a while. I have my DVDs to fall back on though so I'll live. Plus, I've got other books I have to finish. I heard that by mid-December we'll be out of tv shows. Oh well.

There was an article in the Times last week about the strike and the columnist mentioned that the writers should take the time to revamp some of the shows (when they come back). One in particular was Bionic Woman. He said he could not understand how they could make a bionic woman so boring. He also mentioned he loved Life and hoped it would weather the storm.

Firefly can't come back because Jayne (Adam Baldwin) is on Chuck and I really like that show. Plus I heard Nathan Filian is on Desperate Housewives. And Summer Glau is going to be in the Sarah Conner Chronicles. I'm not saying I don't want it to come back I'm just saying it can't because except for Desperate Housewives, I want to watch the other shows.

3. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Ok so today on the Joy of Painting Bob Ross showed us how to create a double oval fantasy.

Also trees are fun.

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Happy trees!

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I watched two episodes of Bones last night. I think the leads are hot. It's a good crime drama.

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Project Runway was fantastic. If you like fashion, you'd love it DH. Even if you have a moral objection (or maybe not) to reality tv. So much drama already. I'm also watching South Park now. The last ep was ok. Looking forward to Top Model tonight. I just don't watch a lot of TV anymore. And what I do watch makes others ashamed of me...:( Family Guy and Robot Chicken top the list. I can't get into sitcoms and dramatic series like I used to.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm not really a fashionista nor do I keep up with what's current. I'm a very conservative dresser so I doubt I'd understand anything on Project Runway. Once upon a time I had a subscription to Elle magazine. I wish I knitted more back then because they used to have a knitting project at the end of each magazine. I don't have a real moral objection to reality tv, I just find it inane for the most part and I don't really want to spend my time watching it. It is full of drama but I always wonder if the drama is intentionally staged by the participant with hopes that he/she will get his/her own series later. That seems to be the growing trend.

Tonight is Smallville. I may just watch the shows I missed last night while baking and stuff.

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I watched Bones in its first season but then not again until after everyone had gotten haircuts (the last couple episodes). It's a pretty good show, i like it.

I'm taking this opportunity to start catching up on TDS/TCR, I'm at the end of August now. I'm kinda bummed thinking of all the months I've missed out on 'cause the dvr only holds 3 months' worth--I never got on a schedule of when to watch it in this time zone. :/

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So tonight's Smallville wasn't all together bad. In fact, it was pretty good. I was surprised with the ring, clever trick. I wonder why Kara ended up in Detroit. Why was she sent there?

While cooking dinner I also watched the Bionic Woman. It was a pretty good. Not enough Jordan Bridges though and he's got this weird expression that he keeps making. Isiah Washington was killed which surprised me.

Well, I'm tired and going to be going to bed soon.

10. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey, Smallville! That's something else I can put on my wish list. I considered getting the 5th season since it's only $15 at Best Buy this week but after getting that con badge and all these doctor visits and prescriptions, I gotta draw a line.

I'm up to mid-September on TDS/TCR now, due to them having a 2-week break and the reruns were ones I'd just seen from August. I'm saving the one from their first day back, when they had the R. Kelly-ish ("Trapped in a Bathroom") thing about Senator Larry Craig.

Tonight was also nerdy fun with watchin' the Vegas debate.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I liked Season 6 of Smallville. I think it's because they introduced the JLA and that makes me happy.

Oh, and last night they had a big reveal on Smallville that surprised me. Maybe it was good because there was very little Lana. I'm also kind of tired of them taking away Clark's powers. Take them or leave them. Stop messing with him. I also liked that Lana stays at Oliver's when she's in Metropolis. I can't wait for more JLA episodes.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I watched Smallville the first two seasons then stopped. I have the first season on DVD that I got as a gift. I can't remember what made me stop watching? I think I'm going to wait until the series is complete then buy the whole thing in the super duper box set that I know will come out like they did for Buffy.

13. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Maybe they had to do it in this case. I heard a lot of the original Star Trek episodes are in bad condition.

JF, I watch Journeyman, too. If you look back to the last thread, I mentioned I thought it had potential because it was the same actor as the HBO Rome series.

Last night's Heroes certainly answered a lot of "questions." But, I've got another one (or two). If Adam is self healing AND immortal, does that mean Claire is immortal, too? Will the season end with them sword fighting & yelling that 'there can be only one'?

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I have to watch this past week's Heros this weekend. I forgot to mention earlier we saw Matt Parkman last night at the Auto Show. I hope he wasn't reading our minds.

15. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Maybe he wasn't reading your minds, but making you IMAGINE the whole thing! You were really at home the whole time you thought you were at the show, ooooo.
    /stupid

16. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    No more Drawn Together. :_|

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Drawn Together was fun. They made so much fun of everyone. No minority was safe.

18. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I liked the Betty Boop character and the Pickachu character they were funny.

19. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I watched a special on the Hostory Channel today about comets and their dangers. Fascinating stuff.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    This past weekend's Torchwood was sad. Poor Owen. I did not think he was so taken by Diane. And poor Gwen but it's her own darned fault. Rhys (or Reese?) has been a good boyfriend. Shame on her. My question is can Owen control Janet and her friend telepathically and so when she was weeping was it because of Owen's sadness or was it because other weevils were being tortured? I did like Tosh's statement about how much abuse Jack would allow on a creature but would he do the same for a person?

Masi Oka was on KROQ this morning and he said if the writers's strike continues they have an alternate ending for their last "filmed" episode. This story arc is supposed to be 11 episodes long and I think it'll be that long. He says they have three done right now and I think they've already aired eight.

I did hear that the two sides are scheduled to start talking again next Monday. I hope it works out okay. Last time it lasted five months.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    OMG! OMG! OMG! Heroes was simply AWESOME! So much happened and then that last scene was crazy! Who would have thought that they would use Claire's blood to revive HRG in that manner? Did they take enough to help Nikki? My guess is no. And what a brave soul Hiro's dad was. Love George in that role. I'm glad they got Hiro's sister back but I liked the kid who played young Hiro last season. Then again, it could be the same kid but he just looked different, not as chubby. Suresh is sure going to feel bad about shooting HRG for a long time. The plus side is it looks like HRG has changed Elle's mind about the company. And the big reveal that Hiro's dad's killer is Adam/Kensei I guess wasn't too big a stretch, though I wonder if he got up really quickly after jumping off the building. Also, since he has been regenerating for 400 years then can anyone kill him?

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I figured the part about Adam being the killer because it was made pretty obvious last week. Now the question is "why?"

For anyone who cares, The Universe's second season is coming up soon. (I think next week or the week after).

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Really? A second season? Reall? I watched the first one, and didn't they just about cover everything from the moon to the big bang theory? I wonder what else they will cover.

24. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Aliens (only kind of kidding). They really did say they would be exploring stuff like possible aliens & alien planets.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    This week?s Torchwood was simply awesome. SR, if you haven?t seen it yet, please don?t read any further. All I can say is it cracked me up completely and yet I was sincerely touched. I remember sitting there watching and almost yelling ?Kiss him!? and when it happened I burst into gleeful and yet kind of silly laughter. Loved this episode completely!

And BSG Razor was absolutely frakking awesome! Oh my frakking gods! I loved being caught up and wanted more Lee but it was nice to see almost everyone again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.