main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes of the World Unite! TV part III

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh DH! I did see Torchwood, over and over and over and over and over and over again. At least that part anyway. It really is a good show. I like better than Doctor Who of which it is a spinoff from.

As for Razor I enjoyed it as well. The extended edition comes out on the 4th. I will pick that up I guess. That will have to hold us over until March.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I?m so glad I did not spoil it for you, SR and that you, like I did, enjoyed it tremendously. I think my favorite line was, ?He?s hot!? I thought, what the heck? And you are so right, Torchwood is so much better than Doctor Who.

Speaking of Doctor Who, did the new season start? I?m kind of confused.

Oh, and did the PSA at the end of Razor make you laugh? It did to me. I had a gay old time this weekend.

3. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    It was so cool when they showed the old cylons.

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Big capital DITTO about Razor. It was fantastic! Wow! I wonder if the cylon demigod is right about Starbuck.

If this is any indication of the next season, I will be very unhappy for it to be the final one.

5. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007

Hey APL, I loooove PR! We almost missed last Wed due to driving-to-'mother-in-law's'-for-Thanksgiving, but basically we hit the front door, said hi in about 2 seconds and grabbed the remote. She was amused.

I'm so happy the signature Michael Kors line "That crotch is insaaaane!" will apparently be returning again next week. I've had many costumes like that.

Mary-SPJ

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I will not read what you put there. I was busy all week and haven't seen the new one! I have much to catch up on after my trip. I started with Family Guy and The Soup. I have oh so much more to plow through this week.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Heroes was great, not awesome but great. I loved Chuck.

I have been watching my DVDs of Veronica Mars Season one and I forgot what an excellent show that was. I miss it.

Bionic Woman was just lame this week. I'm glad I watched it and DVR'd Pushing Daisies and my guilty pleasure show, Gossip Girl.

8. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    How is Pushing Daisies?

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I like it a lot. It's quirky and cute.

10. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Project Runway was such an excellent accident this Wed. Menswear is hard enough, watching people just flailing around in a panic was delightful...

Mary-SPJ

11. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    GAH! I have that taped but Haven't seen the ep. Yet. So much to catch up on...

12. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    So tonight's the last Heroes of the season, right? Last week's was good, it was totally Heroes embracing its comic-bookiness. It was as it should be! Oh, and Maya's fun to make fun of now. What a telenovela chick. "Soy una *Latina*, y por eso, me encanta los hombres como Sylar, que son tan "creepy" y peligrosos y "molestor-y"!" She's really pretty, I just wish she wasn't so stupid (not as stupid as Claire or Nikki though! Man, they take those blonde stereotypes to heart).

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just watched the Charlie Brown Christmas show. It was sweet.

14. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Heroes:
    So.. why couldn't Nikki get out of the building while that other girl got out really easy?

15. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Don't question a good thing, JR, let's just hope that was the end of Nikki!

Man, I missed the Year Without a Santa Clause yesterday. "He's Mr Heat-miser, I'm Mr Cold..." Crazy DirecTV for airing all the East Coast feeds. Yeah, should've set TiVo.

16. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Yeah, I have the Heat-Miser and Freeze-Master salt and pepper shakers -- they grace our holiday tables. This show gets a lot of play around our house.

Speaking of the old cartoons, does anyone (creeak, 60's-70's here...) remember how they used to show all those cool commercials during Rudolph (like for the Fry-Daddy, any given Norelco razor, drinking Dr. Pepper hot, etc.) -- man, I'd kill to see a presentation of RTRNR with those intact again...maybe Nick at Nite? Someday?

Mary-SPJ

17. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Fun with "Forensic Files" --

Okay, this was classic. FF is what we usually watch when we're either writing or costuming or whatever, and there is absolutely nothing else on and the Law & Order channels are punking us... so we watch Forensic Files, and the episode is about this woman who got killed in a community garden. Nothing funny about it, of course, she was killed with a particular gardening instrument, and you must now speak these lines aloud, as the narrator and interviewees did:

"We searched the area and found a hoe." (Understand that we were mostly just listening to this...)
    "We told people to get away from the hoe."
    "The crime scene investigators examined the hoe and were able to lift fingerprints."
    "The hoe would become a key piece of evidence."
    "It was all down to the hoe."

and the one we were waiting for, since we saw that a K9 was used...

"The K9 officer was brought to the hoe, and was able to scent off it."

This went on repetitively for about five minutes in the episode, and we were pretty much oxygen-depleted by the end of the exchanges.

Mary-SPJ

18. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    JR, seemed like Nikki had only one burst of strength in her, and as soon as the other chick (Nicole?) was clear, it was gone. Poor Michah.

Also, Peter'd better not be too stupid to think of giving Nathan some of his blood! They just had that adorable reunion!

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I haven't seen Heros, I haven't seen Torchwood, I haven't seen Pushing Daisies, I haven't seen Tin Man, I haven't seen anything in forever. Why? Because I think I hate TV now. I just don't care about what is going on. They are still recording though and maybe I'll get to them over the holiday break.

20. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Ahahaha, movie sequels on Robot Chicken, and one was 'The Nightmare Before Hanukkah'! XD There was also 'Schindler's List 2: Schindler's Pissed'.

21. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I think Nikki just didn't have the strength for a second try plus it was burning and she probably just couldn't do it. I can't remember what the girl's name is either.

I had hoped that Maya was one of the heroes to die but NOOOOOOO! They had to waste blood on her to bring her back. Stupid. I don't know why Peter didn't infuse Nathan with his blood knowing that he has the same properties as Adam has. Stupid Peter! At the same time, why didn't one of the others just continue Nathan's speech? Nathan has died in vain. I'm saddened by this because I like Nathan. It's too bad.

Tin Man is okay at best. I watched parts one and two and will try to watch part three tonight. Zooey Deschanel looks weird with big dark hair. I'm not going to buy it on DVD when it comes out.

Torchwood's season finale was pretty good, though not as good as episode 12. The problem is my DVR got the last minute of the last episode and missed probably the last 30 seconds of this one. I'm going to have to try to catch it later. SR, there was a scene that kind of surprised me but not completely because if you think back a couple of episodes it was kind of foreshadowed so when the first of two scenes happened it was okay but well, watch it and tell me what you think.

This week's Chuck was pretty funny. I liked the ending because it's obvious that Casey keeps asking Sarah if her relationship with the intersect has been compromised when it has for himself.

Part one of Life's half season finale was great. I can't wait for tonight's second half, though because of the lateness of the hour I will see it tomorrow instead.

I've been watching Season Three of Veronica Mars and am enjoying it though not as much as the first two seasons.

Once again, DH lameness.

22. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Nice recap there. My dad recorded Tin Man but I thought it would be dumb so I didn't watch, and he's already deleted the first parts, so...yeah.

I love Nathan (he had me at hobo!Nathan, haha)! Dammit, if he stays dead, who will tell Peter what to do? Peter NEEDS someone to tell him what to do!

23. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    "What a fist!" That was hilarious.

Mary

24. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Show I swore I wasn't going to watch, but landed on it accidentally and it was actually funny: The Big Bang Theory

I thought "oh, great, show about geeky fanboy roommates, ha ha ha, like we don't have that in real life..." but they actually fired off a couple of clever jokes.

Mary

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I've heard nothing but good things about that show. It just clashed with something else I was watching. I haven't regularly watched a sitcom in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.