main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes of the World Unite! TV part III

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh, the horror that would be my dvr going blank! If I had a dvd burner it would be a different story, but like...I've already lost things I can't get back (like funny crap on Conan, that U2/Greenday performance at the Superdome, yadda yadda yadda). NEEDZ A DVD BURNER.

**Tonight Jon Stewart's on The Simpsons, so I'll be catching that in the first time in forever.**

Also, I wasted far too much time watching America's Next Top Model on vh-1 last week.

Finally, NFL playoffs are fun (when you don't care who wins!).

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    The new Terminator series starts next Sunday, that's all I care about.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    The new season of Lost starts January 31st. I also noticed new episodes of several other shows I like are starting this month, which kind of surprised me because of the strike.

4. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    So Jon and Stephen will be back tonight. I don't expect much, though Stephen does have an improv background, so maybe he'll just do improv shows with the audience? That would be great! (Unlike Jon, Stephen is a character on his show so he's not supposed to do anything in character while the strike is on. Plus, he and Jon are both writers on their shows so technically, they aren't supposed to do any writing either while the stike's on.) It's nice to keep your staff's jobs, but I have to wonder if this might make the strike go on longer since the producers would have had more incentive to negotiate if there were simply NO (written) SHOWS on the air. They might figure unwritten late shows are just like reality shows and, "who needs writing?" :/

Letterman, on his first night back (w/writers, whee), had writers from TDS, TCR, Conan, and a couple dramas and screenplays do the Top 10 List, that was nice to see.

5. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Underwear gnomes having fun.

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    The gnomes plans make no sense. But I like their song they sing when they steal the underwear.

7. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Attention BSG Fans Season 3 Dvd release date of March 25th announced today.

SR what terminator series??? Do you have any more information about it????

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    GForce, please hand back in your nerd card. You're done here.

OMG I can't believe you don't know about the Sarah Connor Chronicles! They were at Comic Con last year. I have a picture of Summer Glau even.

OK here is a link with a short clip.

http://www.fox.com/fallpreview/new/sarahconnorchronicles.htm

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Psych and Monk come back on Friday.

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    New Psych? Cool!

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Tonight is Terminator at 8pm.

I've been watching a show called HEX. It's a Sony TV show done by the BBC. I think it's a couple of years old now. I received the season on DVD from our Home Ent division. A friend of mine thought I would like it so she gave me a copy for Christmas. I've seen four episodes of the ten and think it's pretty good. Not the best but not bad either. They show a lot more skin in it since it's British and they use language that you wouldn't get here either. I would compare it to a cross between Charmed and that tv mini series Fallen. It's something they would show on the CW full of supernatural and teenage angst stuff.

12. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I remember seeing the Terminator show pilot at CC last year. It was good. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

13. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    SR so where do you want me to send my Nerd Card too????[face_laugh] But Seriously they did an excellent Job bringing the Terminator Saga to the Small Screen, I am already looking forward to tommorrow night.

14. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    The Terminator show was pretty good. I hope it can deliver for more than 2 seasons. I'd like a good, deep back story between the movies.

15. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I really enjoyed the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles tonight too. Great special effects, interesting story elements and nice camera shots. I'm not as familiar with the movies as I should be though...

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My padawan and I watched Terminator:TSCC last night and we both enjoyed it. We're looking forward to tonight's show too. I did not see T3 but I don't think that hurt me.

PBS is airing "The Complete Jane Austen" Sunday nights from now until April. Last night was "Persuasion". I watched about half of it before having to go to sleep. I can't wait for the rest of them.

Oh and I watched the first two episodes of "The Cashmere Mafia" and they were okay. I wasn't really impressed and it was pretty predictable. I guess it's supposed to be Sex and the City kind of grown up but I never watched SatC so I'm not sure this is really my cup of tea.

It cracks me up that they curse and show so much "more" on BBCA. Cracks me up and kind of shocks me sometimes.

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I've recorded both the Terminator pilot and Persuasion and I'm really looking forward to watching both of them now.

SR, my friend Sheilah from back east taped me the whole Hex series if you'd like to borrow them.

18. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    I liked Terminator, but most of the plot's path was predictable a mile away. I'll still give it a go -- it's not likely to conflict with House (when it comes back...) or the all-important delightful killer of brain cells, American Idol. Which starts this week. Yay.

Mary-SPJ

19. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    "How weird is this" Department: I actually had a free ticket opportunity for the Miss America pageant in Vegas this month, and turned it down. Man, in the 80's I would have mowed people down going for that, what with the high hair and linebacker-shoulderpad dresses. But now it's just...I don't know. Interesting that they had to move it from CMT, which many cable operators don't provide on basic, to a channel that people do.

Mary-SPJ

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So last night's second episode of T:tSCC wasn't terrible but it was fairly predictable. I had to admit that I did not know where to stand with Enrique and was kind of floored and not floored with the revelation in the end. Stupid John. He should have known better because now he's really blown their cover. Any way, it's nice to have some new shows on tv again but I'm not terribly disappointed with the strike either. I do hope they resolve their differences soon just for the sake of those who have been indirectly and yet directly affected.

And I thought PBS did a bang up job on Persuasion. I'm going to have to purchase the DVD later because I doubt I will want the set since I already have Pride and Prejudice. I was kind of surprised with the scene where Captain Wentworth told his friend that he had not intended to appear to be so interested in Harriet. I don't recall that aspect ever in the book or any other version of Persuasion that I have ever seen. I'm looking forward to Northanger Abbey next Sunday and with luck it will be 1000 times better than the last version I saw. That was just terrible.

21. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    T:TSCC last night ended in the direction I always *LOATHE*, which was also one of my main objections to new BSG right out of the gate -- Sarah getting blood drawn by an Oncology physician. OH, GEE, LET ME GUESS!!!

Sorry for the cynicism, but I work in the cancer field, and if this is yet *another* save-the-tata's plot device my head is going to explode. Actually, if this turns out to be what I expect it will, I actually buy it more in this series than Battlestar -- someone on the run and constantly moving, changing names, etc. is probably not going to pursue a continuity of care that, say a President of an advanced society in PEACETIME (allegedly) should have.

I'm gritting my teeth waiting for next week. I'll be very disappointed if I'm right.

Mary-SPJ

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I watched the first Terminator episode, but not part II.

So, I just wanted to know if we are dropping the spoiler blockers from now on. This way, I won't read anything about a show I haven't seen yet. and won't bother to put spoiler blocks when posting about things I have seen.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm just asking for my own edification, not trying to be nasty or anything like that. Sometimes I check this thread to see what other people think of shows I haven't started watching, yet. That's how I started watching HOUSE. So, what do you (all) think about the spoiler thing?

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Let's don't use the blockers. Why because unless we are talking about a major major tv/movie spoiler then it really is just too much to keep up with. I'm not going to keep up with what shows everyone is watching. If you are reading along and feel a spoiler coming on, just stop reading or avoid the thread until you are caught up.

I just got back from Best Buy, I bought the Family Guy Blue Harvest that came out today. I can't wait to watch it and the 3D fight.

24. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    I say don't use 'em too, at least not on the TV thread, except for maybe season finale or final-episode type stuff. There is RARELY anything *that* earthshattering on scripted or reality-show TV, and if I want to be surprised by something, I just won't look at the Couth Potato thread until I've seen it. Movie thread for like SW or Indy or something, yeah, I agree with using them. TV, not so much. But then again -- don't want to know? Don't look at the applicable threads until you've seen it. That works fine for me. I also rely heavily on the unabridged threads to see if something is trending good vs. sucky.

Mary-SPJ

25. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    I have only three words re: American Idol last night: OH, EM, GEE...

Mary-SPJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.