main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Couch Potatoes of the World Unite! TV part III

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Thanks for the LOST insight, DH. I did not guess that it was Ben until the end. It was a most disturbing ending to an excellent episode.

The only surprise on this week's Survivor was who Joel voted for, although Johnny Fairplay really surprised me last week.

I haven't watched Smallville or Supernatural, yet. But, every week I think how silly Smallville is and ask myself why I'm still watching it, but I still do.

Does anyone know when the new season of Dr. Who starts? I just joined NETFLIX and rented Season 2, since I missed most of it.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Did anybody else waste two hours of their lives last night and watch Knight Rider? The best I can say for it is that "the Hoff" looked fairly sober.

3. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well I have to admit I did and it was nothing like the Original which I grew up with in the 80's but I could tolerate it a bit more than you did and we"ll see if they try to pull off another series?

4. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    There was nothing good about Knight Rider.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I haven't seen any of Smallville Season Seven because I don't watch shows live like you guys do, just on DVD, but it's far from a silly show -- it's one of the best shows in TV history I think. It has lasted 7 seasons for a reason. The only season I think was mostly a throw-away or at least that I wasn't very pleased with was Season Five, but then I thought Season Six was the best yet. It was an awesome season. So I'm not sure what I'll think of 7 yet but I hope it's as good as the rest of the seasons, 5 excluded (I loved the end of season 5 and it had me excited to see the next season but as a whole it was only "good" not great like the rest of the seasons).

Supernatural is a really entertaining show, I think. I loaned the two seasons to my business partner but he only watched like 4 episodes, he told me he can't watch it because he thinks Dean (is that Jensen Ackles?) is a terrible actor and kills the show. I have no idea what he's talking about, I think Dean is the best actor on the show. I think he's funny, smooth, and of course if I were a girl I'd say he's good looking too. Because, well, he is. I mean, if you look like that, you can get plenty of chicks ;) Anyway I feel it's a shame my business partner won't give the show more of a chance because I think it's just really entertaining, one of the spookiest shows I've seen anyway. The plots aren't super original by any means but the execution is excellent I think. It's like an NBA player doing a non-original dunk but doing it so well you're still really impressed.

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I didn't watch KR, wanted to wait until I heard what people said. Glad to know I didn't miss anything.

7. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Fortunately, I did not waste my time with KR. I wasn't a fan when the original was around and I'm not a fan now so why bother. I did get my padawan hooked on Chuck (via my DVR). Not much new on tv but the season finales of Monk and Psych were really good, though Monk is a two parter.

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I don't get Showtime, so, I FINALLY got to watch Dexter this weekend (picked up from the beginning by CBS, I think).

I'm hooked!

I am also a Supernatural fan. Does anyone have any guesses how Dean's going to get out of (going to)Hell?

9. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Ugh, I HATE watching cable shows on Network, it's like having nothing but a Cliff Notes trying to fill in for reading the actual book. Any of what makes the cable show good (i.d. adult activities, etc) is pretty much butchered out -- thinking immediately of *** and the City -- on network showings, I mean, is Samantha even IN the show? Yarg.

But Dexter is great, I don't watch it enough. It's like Lost -- I missed two episodes in the first season, and figured, I'm just going to watch it when it's all done and on DVD. My patience for cliffhangers is low now.

Mary-SPJ

10. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I think Hoff's best work was in The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

11. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I also love Dexter.

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    My friend Sheila recommended Dexter to me. She also recommended renting the DVD because the crime scenes were watered down so much. She said it would give you more insight into the perp to see the uncensored version. But, I don't know. I think the ideas are very well put across in the PG version on Network TV. It's probably very different from Samantha in Sex and the City.

13. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Did anyone notice the Star Wars reference on Eli Stone last week? He calls his company car his Millenium Falcon.

14. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    My roommate called me into his room to show me that scene. I haven't seen an episode myself. I've pretty much quit watching tv. I just don't have the time.

DH posted it in the Let's talk SW Again thread.

15. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Yes, I just posted on that thread. I hadn't read it when I posted on this one.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My padawan and I finally saw this week's Terminator episode last night and it's okay. It's getting really predictable though I have to wonder why Cameron kept the "dead" Terminator's brain power plug. I wonder if they will find his hand. Andy's demise kind of surprised me. At first I thought he was sent back with Derek but I guess he wasn't. The future has already been changed. I guess Derek took the computer too or maybe it was the Russian guy. Oh well...

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    They show Dexter on normal TV you mean? That's a Showtime show, it has to be seen uncut, lol. I wouldn't want to watch a watered down version of anything.

I love Dexter, though, I love his character. He's awesome. I think he's lucky, it would be great to be more like Dexter, although I feel I'm half-way there. Sometimes you just have to pretend to care about something because society acts like it's great, but in reality you're thinking, Eh, who cares. But I think he's a really funny character too. I love the ending to Season One, it had me laughing so hard.

If there really was a CSI who was a serial killer and just killed other serial killers, etc., I would be happy with that. The law is great and all but it's inefficient and often sloppy. Dexter is efficient and saves taxpayers money. That's what we need more of. ;)

The justice system is run by the government. We all know how great the government is at running anything. 'nuff said.

18. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Lost was good, but a little more predictable than most of its episodes.

19. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I agree about Lost.

Everyone was so surprised it was Clare's baby. I knew right away.

My question is does the baby count as a survivor of the crash?

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I want to know how Kate got Aaron away from Claire in the first place! Does this mean Claire is dead or did Kate steal him?

JT, I'm surprised you aren't posting about Jericho. You got me hooked on that show. It's been okay so far.

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I'm also a Jericho fan, but I have to say, I liked it better in the first two seasons. Still, this conspiracy thing is very intriguing.

Does anyone know when the third season of Dr. Who &/or the Spring season of Heroes start?

22. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Though I am happy about Jericho being back I feel like they are really rushing the plot trying to get the whole thing into 7 episodes.

Jericho has only been on one season, this is the second season and will only be a half season unless the show gets good ratings.

I am surprised we have not seen all the characters on the show like the boy who runs the market and his girlfriend and the mother who are all MIA.

23. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Yay, new Frisky Dingo, Robot Chicken and Family Guy! (Yes, I'm a very intelligent viewer). PLus Project Runway is coming to a close :_|

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They seem to be focusing too much on the Allied States of America and fighting them rather than the rest of the town. I guess they can justify that because the ASA has brought "order" back to Jericho and no one has to deal with that crooked couple.

25. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I was watching it last night and think the show is shot differently. More like a soap opera than the old way they used to shoot the show. It tells me they really do not have much of a budget anymore.

I'm curious to see how they are going to wrap it up in just a few more episodes. Introducing this new virus plot now seems kind of pointless since the show is going to end soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.