Could Anakin have beaten Mace

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by uwishuwereme, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Oh, I think Anakin would DESTROY Mace in any duel, had he fought at the level of the Dooku or Obi-Wan duel.

I do believe that he would put down Mace faster than he demolished Dooku. I have never bought into Mace's power, whatsoever.
  2. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Alot of you give Mace way to much credit, Anakin or Kenobi could beat him. Vaapad? whatever, he did not look that smooth to me, and Sidious was not trying to kill him.
  3. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    i think anakin is given too much credit..he wins one and loses 2 and is not like he fought sidious or yoda or any of the big guys
  4. farrellg Force Ghost

star 4
    i think anakin is given too much credit..he wins one and loses 2 and is not like he fought sidious or yoda or any of the big guys

I agree with this. Take into consideration the fact that Anakin was defeated by someone who can't even "compete" with the Emperor. Obi-Wan is experienced enough that he has a chance to and eventually does beat Anakin, but he wouldn't have such a chance against the Emperor, Mace, or Yoda.
  5. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4

by the troligy Obi-wan is on Mace's level in force powers he even learned things that Mace never learned and it takes someone very powerful to learn what Obi-wan did.
  6. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    we realise that icestar but being an ethereal ghost doesnt apply when we are discussing exclusivelly combat powers..
  7. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Obi-Wan has a chance against anybody, that's what makes him the model Jedi. He beat Maul when he was a padawan, when he was at a far lower skill level. He beat Grievous, who could wield 4 sabers and move them faster than both Yoda and the Emperor. And he beat Vader at his peak strength, which I'm not sure Yoda could have done. However, Anakin lost because of his recklessness, not because of his lack of experience or skill.

And Mace...um...well, I guess he could have killed Sidious as he was scurrying back on his hands and knees in the window sill, but failed to. Didn't have the gonads, I guess.

And then he got punked.

8. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    However, Anakin lost because of his recklessness, not because of his lack of experience or skill.

for me recklessness and lack of experience are one and the same thing.if he is SO powerful as some fans around like to think then he shouldnt burn recklessness or not.

power without control is not power so in my book obi wan kenobi check as a better overall dueler than anakin.
  9. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    After Anakin turned to the darkside, I think the only one who could have beat him was Kenobi and that was b/c of the emotions for Anakin in fighting his only friend. The way he beat Dooku, Yoda could not and did not do. You all are vastly underestimating Kenobi and overestimating Mace.
  10. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4

If Obi-wan was still fighting after episode 3 Obi-wan would have been equel in combat skills after episode 3.
  11. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    im not underestimating kenobi ,as i said for me he is better than anakin...but he is certainly not yoda or darth sidious. he wins because in the overall picture (power/skills/control/emotions/experience) he is better than anakin who only has power and skills but you are forgetting that yoda and sidious have anakin's power and dooku's control and experience..for me kenobi is good but not that good...but certainly better than anakin in the overall picture of dueling
  12. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Recklessness cannot be lack of experience, because then it would be called lack of experience.

Anakin dueled Ventress, Dooku twice, and sparred plenty. Oh, and he also fought a war. The experience was there. The maturity and control was not, especially at the end when his hatred took hold of him, when all he wanted to was demolish Obi-Wan and forgot about his own defenses, therefore recklessly losing a battle he could have won, or at least survived in one piece.
  13. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Kenobi is a better at dueling than Anakin? did you see them fight Dooku? Anakin does not have that attachment to anybody else like he did with Kenobi, that same thing would have happened to Mace.
  14. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    anakin trained 13 years...obi wan trained like 40 years...im afraid that anakin DOES lack experience compared to obi wan and there is no way around it
  15. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4

I agree, Obi-wan is a better fighter because he does not think like Anakin, If Anakin has all that power it does not matter because he can not control it.
  16. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    He lacked about 100 years to Dooku.
  17. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    count dooku is used too much as an example.yeah i watched them fighting but the best way to decide who is better of anakin and obi wan is actually putting them in a fight and not using other characters

He lacked about 100 years to Dooku.

yeah but he was in check of his anger so he did a good job...as a sith he can NEVER be in check of his anger so my money would be on kenobi every day.(unless of course anakin reaches his full potential and becomes all powerful but we all know that that didnt happen)

I agree, Obi-wan is a better fighter because he does not think like Anakin, If Anakin has all that power it does not matter because he can not control it.

perfectly said icestar :)
  18. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    he was stronger as Vader, says Gillard. Thats how was able to kill all those jedi like, Cin without being touched.
  19. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    stronger ?? yes

better fighter ?? nah

sidious is more powerful than dooku and obi wan but im not so sure he is better with a lightsaber
  20. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hes stronger but not a better fighter? Him fighting the man who trained him and knew everything he was going to do, and that fact that Anakin did not want to fight him, is why he lost, he was a better fighter, the darkside made him stronger and is better for a fight. The darkside in this aspect is stronger. By the time he turned to Darth Vader nobody, besides his former master could withstand him, certainly not Mace, Windu could not have withstood him as Anakin.
  21. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    windu not being able to fight anakin is only speculation and up to everybody ,you think he cant ,i think he can. and being powerful is nto the same than being a better fighter...anakin lacks all the mental aspects of a good fighter...dueling is more than just swinging your lightsaber real fast...control of anger and not making stupid jumps is also part of a good overall fighter.

he is certainly more powerful (in terms of raw power) than obi wan but not a better fighter because as i said he lacks all the mental aspects of a good fighter.
  22. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    mental aspects, then how did he smoke Dooku so easily, who is a true master and has no weakness, its not like he just ovewhelmed with power, he pulled maybe the best move ever in a lightsaber fight, and disarmed him.
  23. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    but we are noit discussing dooku in here.im saying that vs with obi wan all his enormous powers seem to fade away
  24. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    i agree, with and only with Kenobi.
  25. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    well, yoda is superior to obi wan in every way (power,experience,control,skills,wisdom,etc) and palaptine is the master of manipulation,if he wasnt to make vader angry be sure that he will get it so i dont see why you consider impossible for anakin to lose to yoda and the emperor ? i mean you think that anakin would win 100 out of 100 against anybody except for obi wan ?? i think that is a bit extreme
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.