main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Anakin have beaten Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by uwishuwereme, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    they would not fight 100 times they would fight once, and Yoda is not superior to Kenobi in every aspect, "as wise as master Yoda, and as powerful as master windu." Having Qui-Gon's expertise and then having Anakin, Kenobi is as wise as Yoda. Yoda did not know everything, Palpatine was right up under his nose for years, and listen to that speech he gave to Anakin, when he basically said do not care, if people you care about die.

2. JarJarPlagueis

JarJarPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    What are you talking about??? Mace beat Sidious and only lost because of Anakin's betrayal! There's no way Anakin, as Vader or otherwise, in the suit or not, could even touch Mace. The only question is if Mace would decapitate Anakin or strike him through the chest? That's the real debate. [face_dancing]

3. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Mace beat Sidious but only lost because Anakins betrayal? What are you talking about? That means Mace lost to Sidious. Just because Mace can move a lightsaber real well doesn't mean he can win every battle. After all when it came to Anakin, Mace showed one of his underused muscles...his brain.

But as for who would win.....wow there both not so intelligent but very good fighters....chalk it up to the first to make a mistake.

4. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Or maybe, you are just a Mace hater and Obi-Wan fan. Analyizing what those who have made the movies have said, and comparing how they did against whom, it is painfully clear that Mace is way more skilled than Obi-Wan.

5. camifladge2

camifladge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005
    Mace and Anakin both are good

6. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    I think with Anakin's power he COULD have beaten anyone with the right factors involved. So yes, he could have beaten Mace because he was strong enough to fight him.

Don't forget, in the ROTS novel Mace himself calles Anakin "the most powerful Jedi alive".

7. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    can you please tell me in wich aspect is obi wan superior to yoda besides having luck in spades ?? and yoda's advice was good advice.anakin was too much of an attached punk to get that nothing could be done to cheat death

Don't forget, in the ROTS novel Mace himself calles Anakin "the most powerful Jedi alive".

and yet thats not onscreen

8. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

I disagree, I think that they are both equally skilled.

9. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    I bet you do. It doesn't matter, though. Lucas does not seem to think they are equals.

10. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

I never see George Lucas comparing them, So to me they look eqally skilled.

11. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    "You have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor."

12. jedi_prime

jedi_prime Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    To put it simply,

Mace Windu outclassed Anakin Skywalker in every respect save one, raw power. Unfortunately for Anakin, that raw power is only useful in situations where the opponent is unable to predict it and/or where the young Skywalker could harness it to a greater degree.

Against an opponents like Windu, Yoda, Sidious, and, to an extent, Kenobi, Anakin would not stand a chance. These are the major players in the game, and they are highly skilled fighters as well as vastly more experienced than Anakin. It isn't a matter of raw power, but rather one's ability to use the power one has. The big three (Sidious, Yoda and Mace) are each level 9 swordsmen (I know that will draw fire, lol), just as Anakin is. The big difference between them is that they are all well-steeped in the Jedi/Sith arts, and have probably forgotten more about the Force and its uses than Anakin had yet learned by the time of RotS.

In short, Anakin would die, or be horribly maimed. That is not only true against Master Windu, but also against Masters Yoda and Darth Sidious as well. Anakin was simply too inexperienced and unable to tap into his overwhelming power to a degree sufficient to offset the knowledge enjoyed by the most senior Force users.

And, to quote Master Sinister: Here endeth the lesson.

P.S. Happy Holidays to my fellow SW geeks!

13. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

That is the Emperor, Obi-wan not being able to compete with Palpatine is not prove that he can not compete with Mace.

14. jedi_prime

jedi_prime Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    As much as I like Obi-Wan Kenobi, I must agree that Obi-Wan is outclassed by Sidious, Yoda and Mace. He has the potential to be that 'powerful,' but he is much younger and less experienced. Kenobi is a noble figure, emobodying what is best about the Jedi, but he is not powerful enough to take on any of the above-mentioed Force users. Not at the time of RotS, at any rate.

15. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    Kenobi is not outclassed by anybody, certainly not Mace, ok Count Dooku did smoke him in ROTS:confused: , and then Anakin beat Dooku very easily. I know you all do not think Mace is alot stronger than Dooku, Dooku went toe to toe with Yoda and did not get touched. And somebody metioned that quote you have to be Yoda or Mace to compete with the emperor, compete with, the rest of it says if Anakin did not get so messed up he could have beat him, and i know you will say, yeah if he reached his potential but it does not say that.

16. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    it also doesnt say that he could do it in ROTS. the quote is ambiguous as hell.

17. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005
    To those who think Anakin would not stand a chance against Mace, I laugh at you.[face_laugh]

Mace and Anakin are among what I like to call "Top tier Force users" i.e. Yoda, Sidious, Luke, Obi Wan etc.....Everyone of them stands a chance against each other. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses, and NONE of them are UNBEATABLE.

I believe that some force users may fare better against a particular opponent because of their particular strengths/weaknesses. For example I feel that Obi Wan would stuggle against Yoda and Sidious. Obi Wan has proven to be a sucker against force powers in duels, and Yoda & Sidious' sheer mastery of the force would be too much for Obi Wan to overcome.

That being said, I believe that Obi Wan is Anakin's best matchup bar none. I believe that Anakin would fare better in duel with anyone else just for the simple fact that Obi Wan trained Anakin and fought side by side with him for over a decade.

To answer the question of the thread, Yes. Anakin could have beaten Mace. Mace could have beaten Anakin. Personally I think that Anakin would've handled Mace kinda like he handled Dooku. Anakin would be so focused on defeating Mace because of his dislike for him and his lust for showing that he is more powerful then his opponent(not to mention a top master of the Jedi temple). The only thing I know for sure is that it would be a sickdiculous duel, I would love to see it.

18. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    To those who think Anakin would not stand a chance against Mace, I laugh at you.

its the same the other way around. i have seen people who think that anakin could smoke mace the way he did dooku..LMAO !![face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh].."no one" can smoke mace windu. it would be one hell o a fight.

19. DarthJuggalo

Apr 10, 2005
    If you read my post it said that Mace could beat Anakin also.

To think that Anakin wouldn't stand a chance against Mace is laughable.

Its the same as saying Mace wouldn't stand a chance against Anakin.

And, If "No One" can smoke Mace then how come he became a "smoking" corpse?

20. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    because he was back cowardly back stabbed. i was talking about that no one can own him in a face to face confrontation and you now it so stop playing inocent

21. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    I think its laughable if anybody thinks Mace is so much better than Dooku, or even better at all.

22. DarthJuggalo

Apr 10, 2005
    Sithrules, stop being a pathetic fanboy.

I'm a Vader fan myself but to think he is unbeatable is absurd.

Mace is not a god and not unbeatable. In fact, other than in the Clone Wars cartoon the only force power that Mace has used is pulling his lightsaber to him. He doesn't appear at unbeatable to me.

Time to wake up.

23. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    no is not. he is better than dooku. all the dooku suport comes from eu....EU = crap.

in lucas's story dooku is not more powerful than mace windu, he is just another darth maul or darth vader

24. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    Yeah Dooku is equal to Maul, thats crap. Dooku beat Jedi Master Kenobi like he was a stormtrooper, and can shoot lighting, while Padawan beat Maul, and Dooku fought Yoda, after he had just beat Anakin and Kenobi, in the movies, not EU, Mace had 1 fight in the movies, and Palps was not trying to kill him. That Vaapad crap is not in the movies, he did not look that graceful to me with the saber, atleast not like Anakin or Dooku, Kenobi.

25. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    jesus. a miserable fruit cake like you calling me biased [face_clown]....and im not even a mace fan.

maybe looking yourself at the mirror made yourself write that ,who can tell ? [face_laugh]

vader is a pathetic robot who gets bossed aroun the entire OT and i never said that mace cant be defeated but if you honestly think there is a character strong enough to "own" mace then you are more of a delusional idiot than i thought

i never said he was

read above

indeed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.