main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Anakin have beaten Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by uwishuwereme, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_unknowable_jedi

the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 17, 2005
    Actually, at the time, Palpatine(sidious) was still much stronger than anakin, yet mace could have killed sidious eventually if he kept using lightsaber form 7: vaapad. This lightsaber form taps in to the darkside,which makes the user of this form almost unstopable. To use this form, you have to master several other lightsaber forms. mace is a master of vaapad. So i don't think Anakin would have been strong enough to kill Mace Windu, using the darkside or not.

2. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    Obi-Wan has a chance against anybody, that's what makes him the model Jedi.

He doesn't have a chance against the Emperor, Mace or Yoda. Obi-Wan is a level 8 swordsmen, while the latter three are level 9. Lucas said only Mace and Yoda can compete with the Emperor. Yoda said Obi-wan isn't strong enough to fight the Emperor. McDiarmid said that his character is "much more powerful" than Obi-Wan.

sidious is more powerful than dooku and obi wan but im not so sure he is better with a lightsaber

We know that the Emperor is a better swordsman than Dooku and Obi-Wan because he's a level 9, while Obi-Wan and Dooku are only level 8's.

3. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

By the troligy Obi-wan is around Mace's level in terms of force power, His lightsaber skills also would have been on the same level as Mace's only if the events in revenge of the sith did not happen. The novel did say that Obi-wan was a powerful fighter. The novel said that Anakin was very powerful and Obi-wan was still able to match him so that duel proves that Obi-wan was growing very powerful, He was picked to go fight grevious because his is mostly the most powerful defenceive fighter. Obi-wan is one of the most powerful fighters the order has ever had and he is one of the ultamate fighters he just needed a little more years of expeirance and he would have been able to fight mostly anybody that Mace and Yoda was able to fight. Obi-wan's defence is very powerful I think that Obi-wan is just as good as a fighter as Mace.

I do not really use the light saber rankings that Nick Gillard made as proof but Dooku was never given a level and the offical site sayes that Mace lost to Dooku and Yoda.

4. lightthunder1

lightthunder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005

not every one likes mace wind

A person does not have to hate Mace to think he is not unbeatable

5. King_Piccolo

King_Piccolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Who is this Gillard fellow?

6. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Nick Gillard choreographed the lightsaber duels in all three of the prequels (Menace, Clones, and Sith). He had a small cameo appearance in Revenge of the Sith as the Jedi Master Cin Drallig (a play on his real name). Nick was also Mark Hamill's stuntman in Return of the Jedi.

7. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Like I have said before it comes down to Anakin,if he lets himself become to emotional in the duel he would loose, but If he was an emotionless killer the shell of a man like Vader in the suit he WOULD kill Mace in my opinion.

8. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005
    [face_thinking] I think Anakin is more talented and more powerful then Mace in my opinion but Mace would win because he is more experianced. But that is what I think[face_thinking]

9. LINQ0311

LINQ0311 Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Very good point. This is just another case of fanboy fever.

10. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    Anikan could take them all out other than Yoda!

11. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I think you're right. But I'm not sure he is much more powerful in any way. In Anakin's force duel with OBW (the force push), which I interpret as a sign of their strenghts, they came out equal. Mace is supposedly a more powerful Jedi than OBW

12. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

[face_thinking] You could be right[face_thinking]

13. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Mace Window died by falling out a Windu.

Although he might have won if it were just him and Anakin, sans Palpatine interference.

14. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    I just always thought of OBW's and Anakin's force duel, and Yoda's and Sideous' force duel as evidence as they were equally strong. In other words, it reflected that Yoda and Sideous was equals, OBW and Anakin was equals. It would also lend support to Yoda saying the dark side is not stronger... But that's just my opinion. If you follow it, Mace should be stronger than Anakin. I think he was. Although Anakin may not have been a big fan of Mace, it seemed he respected him!

15. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I killed Mace with Anakin in the ROTS video game. That's proof positive that he could have.

16. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005

One of the worst arguments ever[face_batting] however, I have to ask; is it a good game?

17. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    that is a bad argument, but come on Mace is overrated, Anakin would have beat him, he was not equal to Kenobi in power, Mace was not better than Dooku, I don't think,Mace, would beat Kenobi either. He had 1 fight and Sidious was not trying to kill him.

18. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Mace is not overrated. Rather he is underrated. I'm a huge OBW fan, but I have to admit that Mace is more powerful. We saw him fight in AOTC as well - remember that Dooku actually congratulated him for his bravery and his fighting skills - he honoured him as a great fighter. No mention of Anakin or OBW. Mace is, most likely, a stronger opponent than Dooku. Let's not forget that Dooku didn't try to kill Anakin either.

And, Sideous most likely, did try to kill Mace. Mace legitemaly bested Sideous - even Lucas says so. The films show it as well... he was better with a saber - he was powerful enough to withstant Sideous' lightning, and even throw it back at him...

19. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    Lucas never said that Sidious was trying to kill Mace, he says Mace overpowers him here, but never says Sidious meant to kill him, and after seeing Sidious fight Yoda in the Senate im thinking he could handle Mace, easily, he would not need his saber. Dooku was not trying to lose to Anakin, he did not mean to get his hands cut off, he was trying to get him isolated, but soon as he did that he was trying to kill him. After seeing Dooku fight Yoda and beat Anakin and Kenobi. I do think Dooku was at his level. The databank says that Dooku was a better swordsman than Mace. After seeing Mace fight i find it hard to believe he could beat Kenobi, and certainly not Anakin.

20. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    I hear what you're saying, but I do not find it convincing. Don't think I'm bashing, I'm not[face_peace]

The problem is that Mace wasn't trying to kill Sideous either at the beginning of the fight. Mace was a level 9. There is a problem, I admit, in not seeing Mace fight more force users. I think it would've been wiser to have him kill Dooku or something... but that's just me. That databank refers to when Dooku was still part of the order, implying that Mace was quite young then. Mace has most likely excelled in skills and powers - and according to Gillard, I think, Mace, Yoda, Palpatine and Anakin are the only level 9 swordsman! Mace has a lot more experience than Anakin. Of course Anakin could've killed Mace, I'm not disputing that. But the chances are slim.

Lucas decided to have Mace overpower Sideous to show Mace as an extemely capable fighter. It also shows that the best of the Jedi can compete and defeat the best of the sith.

21. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    You're absolutely right, it was a terrible argument. The game is fun though. It's kinda repetitive hack and slash, but I had fun with it for a while.

22. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    well i hear what your saying and do not find it convining either.
    First when did Gillard say Mace was a 9? Sidious could not have killed Mace if he wanted Anakin to turn, thats why Lucas had Mace seem to beat him. And if Dooku is and 8, which is what your saying, i know Kenobi is an 8, those 2 are clearly not equal. If Anakin is a 9 and Mace is a 9, Anakin was the better swordsman, and also had the darkside/

23. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    OK. Emotional distress aside. OBW bested Anakin. Anakin bested Dooku. This doesn't make sense then, does it? Only it does. Some fighters have an edge against other fighters. For no particular reasons. Dooku had that over OBW. POssibly OBW had that over Anakin as well... but there is nothing that implies that Anakin should have that advantage over Mace, seeing that he uses a unique fighting style.

Lucas didn't make Mace "seem" to beat Sideous. I think most people, except you, now has come to understand that Mace won that one legit. He was the better fighter - not to say he is more powerful. But since that was a saber duel, he came out on top.

I'm not the one who has found the different swordlevels, but I'm sure someone here might help us out?

24. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    Well Kenobi obviously had an edge over Anakin, he trained him, and Anakin was messed up in that fight. I don't think that Vaapad style makes him any better than, anybody elses style, If they are both 9's, Anakin was trained by possibly the greatest jedi ever, and he clearly looked better with the blade than Mace to me. Anakin beat Dooku because he was stronger, and Dooku beat Kenobi because of the same thing.

25. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    I think Dooku could have taken Mace which leads me to the true calling.!!!!! Anakin could have taken Mace easily, unless Mace tried to use the force but at the end Anakin would have taken his head.
    Kenobi did not have an edge over Anakin, other than he was trying,and not thriving off the dark side!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.