main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Anakin have beaten Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by uwishuwereme, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    Sidious could not have planned Anakin cutting off Mace's arm? Yeah ok, he just became emperor and worked with the jedi for years without them knowing he was a sith but he could not plan that.[face_plain] He was faking when he was on the ground clearly, saying he was too weak, after seeing him throw pods as Yoda while floating on another, and shooting lighting so intensly it took his saber out im thinking he could have taken Mace out without the saber. And Dooku was trying to kill Anakin, he figured out in the middle of the fight what was going on and tried to beat him but could not,b/c he kept getting stronger. And kenobi beat Anakin not because he was stronger, he trained him.
    Anakin does not know his a$$ from his elbow? whatever that means, i guess its lucky for Kenobi that pathetic Anakin was there to save his life 10 times, and carry him over his shoulder after he got smoked by Dooku.;)

2. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    thank you and I will be looking for those!!!!

3. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Farrelg: If you think the possee was good, then surely you can't believe that Anakin can beat Mace? seeing that Mace bested Sideous!! I must admit though that I think the possee came off as rather pathetic... it was bad choreography really. The emperor was powerful, no doubting that, but that would be just a better reason to move some!!

Zamwessel: I'm not saying that Anakin isn't skillful. I apologize if it seemed that way. Clearly he is. What I meant is that he doesn't always come off knowing exactly what he's saying. He says things without putting much weight behind them. He is arrogant. He believes he is much better than OBW, which it turns out he is not. He admits this in ANH. Anakin was better at fighting Dooku than OBW. However, that does not mean he would be better at fighting General Griveous... every fight is different.
    You must however, by now, understand that Sideous was not faking his defeat against Mace. Perhaps he was exaggerating it. However, it might be that he couldn't withstand his own lightning much further, hence he had to let go - not to say that he was drained of power. Lucas himself says that Mace bested him - and he did. I'm a Yoda and OBW fan, not a Mace fan. However, I must admit that Mace did his job in that duel... I don't think he would have done as well in Yoda's fight vs Sideous, since that was mainly a force duel. Both Sideous and Yoda are superior to Mace when it comes to force powers I think, but not to saber-dueling. Mace and Sideous' fight was a saber duel...

4. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    Well i do disagree about the Sidious/Mace fight. Your right about Anakin being arrongant in AOTC, about his power. I also think Anakin would have no problem at all fighting GG, or anybody besides Kenobi, since Kenobi trained him and knows everything about him, He beat Dooku not b/c of his unique fighting style, but he is more powerful. And i do not think there is any way Mace could withstand Anakin in a saber duel, Mace is no stronger than Dooku, i know you will say Mace is a 9 and Dooku is an 8, but Dooku is a 9 if Kenobi is an 8. I don't think mace could beat Dooku, he didn't in the EU, and i know that does not mean that much, but then Dooku was a jedi, he was much more powerful once he turned to the darkside.

5. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    There really isn't much proof that turning to the dark side will in fact make you stronger. As I said - Mace, the second strongest Jedi, bested Sideous - the strongest sith. Yoda drawed with Sideous. OBW bested Maul, in the end. Anakin bested Dooku. Dooku doesn't have to be a level 9 to beat OBW. OBW clearly had a lower level than Maul in TPM, yet he won. Actually, Dooku didn't seem to penetrate OBW's defenses in ROTS with a saber - therefore he used the force. There he had an edge.

I agree there are no explicit evidences suggesting Mace is more powerful than Dooku or Anakin, other than the fact that the OS implicitly says so. The best evidence, however, must be that he outdueled Sideous.

Do you really don't believe Yoda could've bested Anakin for instance??? you say that no one except OBW could beat Anakin...

6. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Rossa- Exactly. In my earlier post, I meant not that Anakin;s comparisons were correct, but that in order for him to have used the comparisons meant there must have been some truth behind them. (about yoda and mace, not obi-wan). We are pretty much on the same page.

ZamWessel- Dont believe everything you read. The RotS book was a joke. You havent answered my question. If Palpatine could plan every detail of everything, how come he didnt forsee his end in RotJ?

I am not saying Dookue let Anakin veat him, that is just ridiculous, but what I am saying is that he was trying to win without killing Anakin while Anakin was fighting for his own life, Obi-Wans, and Palpatines. Plus he had no idea about any ulterior motive, he saw the ifght as a fight, while Dooku saw it as a part of Sidiou's plan.

(I am an Obi, Qui, and Dooku fan with a little bit of Mace thrown in for good measure)

7. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Could Anakin have beaten Mace?

No. Not at that point in time. I know Anakin beat Dooku but I think Mace is a different matter.

8. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    :) good to see someone back on the topic.

9. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    How is Mace a different matter than Dooku who beat Kenobi twice, which is not easy, and he beat him in ROTS like he was a clonetrooper.

10. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005
    Could Anakin have beaten Mace?

Of course he could have.

Even "IF" Mace is more powerful than Anakin, that doesn't mean he would win in a fight.

Anakin was more powerful than Obi Wan but Obi Wan beat him.

Just because someone "may" be more powerful doesn't guarantee victory for that person; especially in Star Wars. I figured you people would know that by now.[face_shame_on_you]

11. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    and he was not more powerful.

12. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005
    I agree. =)

13. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    I never said Anakin can beat Mace. I think Mace is more powerful during ROTS. The posse didn't have a chance to move because the Emperor was so fast.
    Lucas says that it will make you stronger. We saw how the Emperor's powers completely overmatched Luke's "feeble" Jedi skills.

14. Master_EdgeCrusher

Dec 21, 2005
    yep he was, but we see that nukmbers mean nothing now eh?

15. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    you are contradicting yourself.

You just said it is not easy to beat Kenobi twice.

Anakin couldn't even do that. He ended up at the bottom of a fiery hill.

Yet 'he (anakin) beat him (dooku) in ROTS like he was a clonetrooper'

Yet you insist his trying to work within Sidios's plan of keeping Anakin alive had anything to do with him losing.

And you still havent addressed any of my points in my previous posts. (pages 14 and 15 if you need to recap)

The books are not canon. You should not take them as so.

16. Master_EdgeCrusher

Dec 21, 2005
    Ummmm Lucas writes what he feels off the books, or that is what I have always seen him do, so maybe that is a yes!

17. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    ? Huh? The books are written by other authors. Not Lucas. The books are fun to read and sometimes make sense, but they are not canon. Lucas can and has proved them to be false several times.

18. Master_EdgeCrusher

Dec 21, 2005
    may I ask which ones are false? Lucas woud tell them what to write!

19. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Well, we agree about Mace then;)
    I don't, however, agree with your take on the EMperor and the dark side. Since we are all looking for an interpretation that fits our perception of the star-wars universe, I can see that you choose to take Lucas statement about the dark-side as literally true. However, as I mentioned, you must take into consideration at the time and in which relation he said it. You must agree, at least, that there is a slight chance that he meant only for Anakin's agenda or perception of his agenda? That meaning that the dark side is not universally stronger. Yoda and Mace could both hang with the Emperor mind you.

I agree that Luke had nothing to resist the Emperor in ROTJ, but you must by now see that he did throw away his defense - we don't know his agenda for sure - could be that he KNEW he couldn't withstand it, then you are correct. Could also be that he wanted Vader to see the evil, and hence react - then you are wrong... see how it all depends on your point of view?

To be on topic: Mace would win 9 out of 10 or something like that...;)

20. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    No no no you're missing the point. Whatever is in the films is the "truth," but it doesn't really matter. It's the old "Did Boba Fett Live?" question. If you only watch the movies, you're reasonable sure he died in the sarlaac pit. If you read the books, you think he flew out with his jet pack or some nonsense like that.

The movies trump the novelizations and all other forms of SW, except maybe the scripts which are up there.

21. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    Exactly!

The films what you see is what you get. You dont see or hear Sidious mention him letting Mace win, so he didnt. If Lucas said in an interview 'Yeah, Sidious let Mace win' then we would know, but he didnt.

Side note- The RotS book was so bad, that this big SW fan I know read it before they saw the film, and they hated the book so much that they never saw the movie.

22. Master_EdgeCrusher

Dec 21, 2005
    wow that must be a huge set back for something as that to happen!

23. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    I know, I couldnt believe it. I read the book afterwords, and while I didnt much care for it, it wouldnt stop me from seeing RotS multiple more times.

24. Master_EdgeCrusher

Dec 21, 2005
    yeah I guess some people are just different. But how can youjust give up on the force and fantasy.....oh well!!!!

25. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    =D= WELL SAID!

People can say what they want, Anakin DID lose to Obi-Wan because of emotion. That was his best friend, brother, father figure, everything to him. Hate and love are two sides of the same coin. If Anakin would have had his head together in The Duel like he would have fighting anyone else, HE WOULD HAVE WON.
    Anakin could take Mace out in a heartbeat.

As for Sids-
    Mace DID NOT have him beat![face_laugh]
    As said above me, Sids was faking it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.