main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Anakin have beaten Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by uwishuwereme, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    Probabaly not, Mace appears to be "Da Boss" of the jedi council. Anakin in is supposidly the "chosen one" but Mace Windu's mastery of he force could easily have beaten Anakin, plus Anakin's tenancy to use his anger against foes would have been his downfall. Mace just would have blocked all his swipes effotlessly because he has defeatec many sith and knows their styles of combat and would be easily prepared for it. :cool:

2. Joke

Joke Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2005
    Anakin can never beat Mace, cus he is a power full jedi and a wise man. it was only luck like all sith belives in.

Darth Sidius was weak but Anakin did just slice his hand.
    remember its was just luck...

3. DarthRevan1944

DarthRevan1944 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    i dont think mace underestimated anakin halfwits.he thought anakin was clouded by sidious because he was a young jedi easily trick and therfore he told anakin to not listen to sidious and he was to dangerous to be left alive.anakin betrayed mace only to save padme that is why jedi can have no attachments and in the end his efforts to save padme failed, he destroyed the republic, betrayed his friend obi-wan, and was scarred for life only kept alive by his mechanical suit, and i almost forgot sidious cared nothing for anakin he only wanted him to carry out his master plan because of his statement anakin:"where is padme is she safe" sidious:"it seems in your anger you killed her" anakin:"i couldnt have she was alive i felt it" so this shows me sidious used anakin so mace was right dont listen to him anakin. a very sad end to the slave boy who cared for everyone tricked by sidious i think sidious is an sob any thoughts..........

4. Haynesworth

Haynesworth Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2005
    Actually Anakin's tendency to use his anger is what makes him strong, not his downfall. And Mace has never defeated any Sith, he was the one most surprised that they had returned in TPM. Mace is a powerful Jedi so the fight could go either way, but if Anakin was able to control his anger he probably would have beaten him.

5. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Mace was right by telling him don't listen to him, but none of his other actions before that gave Anakin any reason to listen to Mace. Mace humiliated the emotionally unstable Anakin in front of the council by not making him a master. Than the council had a secret espionage assignment for Anakin...something they failed to fully explain, Obi Wan doesn't even correct Anakin when he tells Obi Wan it is wrong, which by the code of the Jedi it is. I mean Mace had his flaws too, he wasn't all powerful and holy. That's a beauty of this picture, all of the major players have some sort of flaw.

6. DarthRevan1944

DarthRevan1944 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    i agree with that halfwits mace did humiliate anakin.

7. TC-47

Oct 29, 2005
    Halfwit mace? remember he is "da boss" so what are you on about (soz, have'nt read previous posts...):confused:

8. TC-47

Oct 29, 2005
    And what evidence do you have to prove that he has'nt defeated any sith? He's the highest in the order, surly that must count for somethin'?

9. Haynesworth

Haynesworth Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2005
    Well he's the one who said the Sith have been extinct for a millenium. Assuming hes not older than 1000 in TPM, I think it's safe to say he's never fought a Sith based on this comment.

10. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    According to Lucas, Anakin is as powerful as Sidious so he could definitely beat Mace. Wheather he would have or not would depend on his emotional state.

11. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    Anakin is a light side practicioner, Darth Vader is the dark side practicioner

Then that means the Emperor is more powerful than Vader. Lucas said the dark side is more powerful on the AOTC Commentary. If anything, Anakin would have gained power after joining the dark side.

Lucas never said that Anakin was as strong as the Emperor before the suit, only that he had the ability to eventually defeat the Emperor. Anakin wasn't ready to do this during ROTS, just as Luke wasn't ready to do it during ESB or even ROTJ.

12. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

I never really watched the entire Commentary I only watch some of the Commentary in the DVD's, On which part on the attack of the clones DVD does he say the dark side is stronger in the Commentary.:confused:

13. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    He says the darkside is stronger on the AOTC commentary. It's well-known. Anyway, of course Anakin could have beaten Mace, I'm not sure why anyone would think, based on what we've seen in the films, that any character will "always" dominate another character. We've seen again and again that circumstances are deciding factor. With two Jedi with such high skills, it would be ridiculous to rule out the possibility, at least, of Mace losing to Anakin.

14. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

I agree Anakin could have beat Mace and most of the jedi as long he does not let his emotions get in his way.

15. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    On which part on the attack of the clones DVD does he say the dark side is stronger in the Commentary.

Lucas says this during the garage scene when Anakin confesses to the Tusken murders and vows to become the most powerful Jedi ever.

16. LINQ0311

LINQ0311 Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Anakin IS more powerful, but has not reached his full potential in ROTS, and has no real control over himself. Mace is also powerful, not too mention wise and in control.

Mace would win, Anakin would throw a tantrum and lose control.

17. maxwell1234

maxwell1234 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2004
    I disagree. I don't think Mace could make Anakin throw a tantrum and lose control. Obi-Wan could because of the personal history and attachment between the two of them. Obi-Wan considered Anakin his brother and Obi-Wan was like a father to Anakin.
    Notice Anakin only got really upset and unfocused towards the end of the fight during the talking. That wouldn't happen with Mace.

A Mace-Anakin fight would have virtually no talking. It'd be similar to the Mace-Sidious fight. There'd be no talking until one of them had clear supremacy and maybe not even then.

I think Anakin would most likely win as even in ROTS, I reckon his lightsaber skills are better than Mace's (or anyone else's) and Mace wouldn't be able to distract Anakin emotionally. Anakin would be fully focused and I don't care who you pit against him one on one- Yoda, Mace, Sidious, Dooku, etc. He'd beat anyone.

Hell, a distracted, emotionally unstable Anakin = still incredibly lucky if you survive.

A focused Anakin = Dead opponent.

18. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Maybe, but Mace is more experienced nontheless.

You are probably right there.

I don't know. I got the impression that Mace, Yoda and Sidious are better duelists than Anakin, and I will stick to it. Apart from Fisto, Mace's posse didn't even stand a chance to block Sidious' attack, and they were high ranking Jedi. The Jedi in the temple did at least slightly better against Anakin from what we saw. And Mace bested Sidious.

Proof? He could beat Dooku when focused, but it is pretty clear Dooku is meant to be somewhat below Mace, Yoda and Sidious.

No, Mace would walk over a distracted, emotionally unstable Anakin. As would Yoda and Sidious. Only a focused Anakin has a chance of beating them.

If you are below Mace, Yoda and Sidious, this is probably true. Against those, Anakin would have to fight, though, and probably at a disadvantage.

19. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    That is ambiguous. "somebody who would be more powerful" clearly implies future. And "From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor" could have referred to potential. You sometimes speak in a brief manner.
    It is pretty clear that Anakin's Force powers are vastly inferior to Sidious' in Episode III. Saber skills are debatable, but seeing how easily Sidious got rid of Mace's posse, it wouldn't surprise me if Sidious is better in that field, too.
    I don't see how Obi-Wan would last as long as he did if Anakin were stronger than Sidious, emotionally unstable or no. Anakin's Force powers would have been the end of the former master very quickly.

20. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005
    Anakin was only emotional during the duel with Obi-wan because Obi-wan was his old master but Anakin would not be emotional with Mace because Mace was not his master so Anakin could win if he had a duel Mace.

21. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Oh, I'd bet Anakin had some pent-up hostility towards Mace. ;)

22. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Anakin didnt have any emotional ties to Mace Windu.

If anything, he'd fight harder because Mace was the one who "Dissed" him by not making him a master when he sat on the council.

Anakin could have over powered Mace.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'd like to echo a few comments that I agree with. GL stated that neither Anakin nor Obi Wan wanted to have their duel, they did not want to kill each other, but of course they were not going to give up their side so the fight was on. Anakin was out of control in an emotional sense. Windu, the guy who never seems to have a good thing to say about Anankin, and never has a good word to say to Anakin, would probably have to face off against a much more focused Anakin.
    I've said many times that when it comes to the Big Guys...Anankin, Kenobi, Mace, Yoda, Dooku, Sidious...they are all in each other's league, they can all compete with each other on roughly the same level. But I would put my money on Anakin against Windu.

24. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    That is ambiguous. "somebody who would be more powerful" clearly implies future. And "From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor" could have referred to potential.

"From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor." - George Lucas

I fail to see how that quote is ambiguous in any way. His potential was DOUBLE the power of the Emperor, so clearly Lucas wasn't talking about potential. The quote can be translated easily to "After that, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor." In order to fall from the Emperor's power level he would have had to have been there in the first place.

25. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    He may or may not have been on the Emperor's level as a swordsman (I think he wasn't). Then, why does he fail to do better than a draw in the Force push contest against Obi-Wan?
    I think you are taking Lucas' quote here a bit literally. Had Anakin truly been on the Emperor's power level, Obi-Wan would not have lasted long against him, emotional instability or no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.