main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Could be a trap'

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by J_Gonn_Jinn, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Gonn_Jinn

J_Gonn_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2005
    This is something I always found really funny when watching ROTS, but I dont know if I'm imagining it or if anyone else has noticed...

But there is something really odd about the way Bail organa says 'could be a trap' (towards the end before the duel when Obi Wan and Yoda are on Bails ship) Its just the way he says trap when he gets to the be 'could be a trappppppp' and he has this look on his face like a mischeavous kid. haha rewatch the scene and you will see what I mean. or maybe Im being stupid!

I dont know about Jimmy Smits acting, its a fine line between being great or awfu I am still undecided on which of those it is! I think he should have been given more screen time but thats another topic...

Ps: I have a feeling this might get locked, but I couldnt find a suitable topic to post this in, and really wanted to mention it to see if others had also seen this

edited for spelling - having a bad day!

2. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    But there is something really odd about the way Bail organa says 'could be a trap' (towards the end before the duel when Obi Wan and Yoda are on Bails ship) Its just the way he says trap when he gets to the be 'could be a trappppppp' and he has this look on his face like a mischeavous kid. haha rewatch the scene and you will see what I mean. or maybe Im being stupid!

I just watched it again. Hes exhaling when he says trap, like hes tired or bored, or hes exasperated that Palps has put up another obstacle. I dont see anything mischeavous about it. ????

3. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Never noticed it, but you're right. I think it just could be the resignation of total and utter defeat setting in, that all is lost and the galaxy is in the hands of Palpatine and his lackies.

4. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    I'll have to throw my DVD in later and check it out.

Sccrman95

5. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    Actually, after thinking about it, maybe its the 39th take and Jimmy Smits is getting exasperated at Lucas. :p

6. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I watched it real quick to see what you guys were talking about - I didn't really remember it myself. ;) I would have to say that he is trying to convey exhaustion, concern, helplessness, or thinking about what the trap could be while talking. It could be a combination of these factors, too.

Carnage

7. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    I watched it real quick to see what you guys were talking about - I didn't really remember it myself.

Yeah, its not really noticible and doesnt contribute anything to the scene. He could have been sticking his tongue out and I doubt many would have noticed. :p Unlike the coke can in AOTC. :p

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004

Yeah, could be. "Was that fast enough and sufficiently intense, George!"

9. darth_da

darth_da Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2005
    coke can? someone explain please as i've obviously missed this entirely!

10. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    coke can? someone explain please as i've obviously missed this entirely!

When Anakin first kisses Padme on that veranda in Naboo, look by his feet and youll see a red coke (could be some other brand) can stuck in the wall. :D Coke may have a franchise in the GFFA. :p

11. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    Maybe he just had a thought of commiting suicide mid-sentence after how awry everything was going. I mean, it's not like we see him in the PT anyway, right? [face_mischief]

And I definitley have to check out that Coke can thing.

12. Darth_Manic

Darth_Manic Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    I never really noticed anything strange about the way Bail said that line.mmm [face_thinking]

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Wasn't that digitally edited out of the DVD release? I believe it was for the IMAX release, at least.

14. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    Wasn't that digitally edited out of the DVD release? I believe it was for the IMAX release, at least.

Nope, still in AOTC DVD big as life. Look to the left, about a yard from Anakins ankle after the kiss. :D

15. Emerald_Tides

Emerald_Tides Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Eh, Jimmy Smith's was garbage in ROTS. I'm glad most of his scenes were cut. He was OK in AOTC but omg he STUNK for me in ROTS. The deleted scenes of him are even worse..he acts like a two year old...He should have won worst actor razzie not Hayden! Jimmy Smith's for me remains the odd ball of the PT.

16. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I just took a look and I don;t see anything. Can someone make a screen capture pointing out the can?

17. voodoopuuduu

Mar 22, 2004
    I just took a look and I don;t see anything. Can someone make a screen capture pointing out the can?

You can do a search for the screen capture, its been posted lots of times. Look again, the can is in the rock railing. After the kiss, about 3 feet to the left of Anakin, about 6 inches from the floor, in the fancy rock design fence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.