main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

could Callista have given birth to a Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jawas_Poodoo, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawas_Poodoo

Jawas_Poodoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    The last days Luke Skywalker spent with his lover, the re-embodied Old Republic Jedi Callista Ming, were during the events taking place in the novel Darksaber. Eight months would pass before Leia encounters the her in The Planet of Twilight. During this time, is it conceivable that Callista gave birth to Luke's first child? Could this have been the actual reason why she abandoned Luke in the first place?

The Dark Nest Trilogy revealed that the Hapan Queen Mother Tenal Ka was able to use the Force to extend the time of her baby's development in her womb. She did this to cover up the identity of her child's true father: Jacen Solo.

Although Callista claimed she could not tap into the power of the light side of the Force, she is able to harness Dark Side powers and thus remain a conduit for the Force. Could she have increased the rate of her baby's development in the same way that Tenel Ka delayed it?

This is, of course, highly hypothetical -- but I think the arrival of Luke's love child into galactic events would really stir up the Legacy Era and make Ben Skywalker more vunerable because he would no longer be the last of the line. It would also put much needed strain on the bland relationship between Luke and his wife Mara Jade. I'm sure this theory has been kicked around before, but the new evidence provided in Dark Nest allows Callista to have given birth to a healthy baby in the allotted time frame.

-The Jawa Jedi

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It sounds possible, however I would think that slowing down development would be much easier than speeding it up. You're just stretching things over a longer period of time. To speed it up you would have to cram it all into a smaller time, which may make the baby underdeveloped when it is born.

And I think that it is already pretty easy to put a bit of strain on Luke/Mara, what with one of the baddies of the series being his Ex. :p

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    How did Excellence get in there? [face_not_talking] :p

Anyhow, I think Callista might be part of Legacy, but I'm not confident that there's be a random child involved. Though, it would reflect upon certain myths...

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I can see it happening but i doubt that it will. Callista still loved Luke when she left though if the darkside had more of a hold on her and she was pregant at the time, maybe this dark love child of Luke's would assume the Sith Throne. Like i said it has possibilities but i don't see the authors writing this story up.

5. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Sure! Why not?
    I dunno, I kinda like the idea. Besides that would really tick Mara off, or atleast annoy her, so I'm all for it. :)

6. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    If anyone had Lukes child it's more likely Akanah. There was no real purpose to her dragging him along on that trip in BFC. But she sure did run off in a hurry at the end.

7. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    It's not hard to tick Mara off especially bringing in one of Luke's old flames with his real first born. *meooooow* can someone say cat fight.:p

8. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I just like the thought of something off the cuff happening.
    What would Luke do?
    What about Mara?

I dunno I just like the idea.
    What would be even cooler is if the child was stronger than Ben in the force and then Mara could turn into the nasty step mother(yeah I know not a big stretch) but I think it might be interesting.

9. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Luke wouldn't know what to do he is kind of passive really when it comes to his relationships. I think Mara would accept the chil in but would remain a bit distant. The kid would be in the rebelling stage of his life and Mara will get the full brunt of it. I see Mara truying hard not to kill the kid for Luke's sake.:p

10. Jawas_Poodoo

Apr 8, 2005
    WARNING: Rampant speculation follows...

By the start of the Legacy Era, Luke's hypothetical "first born" would be 27 years of age having been born in 13 ABY. Callista would most likely be dead or die in the course of one novel. Reintroducing two of Luke's past lovers, as mentioned earlier, would complicate an already complex storyline.

The young Skywalker would probably not be revealed as Luke's son/daughter until the end of one of the middle novels of the series. He/she would be a mysterious and enigmatic figure, perhaps Lady Lumiya's apprentice. Then the character would reveal the truth with a cutting revelation: "Luke...I am your son...".

Kinda brings things full circle dosn't it? I really hope they go in this direction. It would be an important arch to the series and it would introduce a new characer who would have automatic signifigance being the child of Skywalker. Cade Skywalker may also be the descendant of this Skywalker.

-The Jawa Jedi

11. Coruscanti

Coruscanti Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2006
    I don't really think it's likely, considering Callista's reluctance to either marry Luke or have children with him in Darksaber. Of course we don't know whether repress meds in GFFA are 100% preventative, but the chances are slim that she would have fallen pregnant just before leaving Luke.

Also, why would she hide it from him? She didn't seem like a particularly vicious person - their breakup was amicable on her side at least. I don't think she would keep Luke's child from him for so many years.

12. Jawas_Poodoo

Apr 8, 2005
    I don't think fool-proof birth control methods exist -- even in the GFFA. Luke and Leia were themselves unexpected. It is indeed mentioned at some point in the unofficial triloy (CotJ, DS, PoT) that Luke and Callista talked about starting a family, but Callista was hesitant because of her supposed disconnect with the Force. That dosn't mean they stopped trying. ;) I still feel that it is certainly plausible that she was pregnant and may have not been completely honest with him reguarding her disconnect with the Force or her reasons for leaving him. After all 25+ year trapped in computer circuits may have led to a some 'loose wiring'....

I'm really not this distrusting of most women....honest.o_O

-The Jawa Jedi

13. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Possible, but one of Calista's major worries that she would pass on her Forceblindness to her offspring in Darksaber. I don't think she'd not have told him.

Then again, SW is a generational story.

14. Coruscanti

Coruscanti Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2006
    Somehow I don't think that Luke would try to get a woman pregnant if she was in the least bit hesitant about starting a family.

I'm not saying that it's impossible, just highly unlikely that she would have gotten pregnant if they were using birth control, which they probably were considering Callista's reluctance and fear about a child of hers being void of the Force.

15. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Never liked Callista...I kinda hope she stays in the area of the UR where all the other characters who out-lived their usefulness remain. As far as what I've heard from LOTF so far, I think cramming the long-lost son of Luke Skywalker would be a bit forced and I don't see how it would really serve the story. And it this Luke Jr. is already in his late 20s/early 30s why is he just now seeking Luke out? He is the most recognizeable face in the galaxy, after all. It certainly makes for interesting fanon of course....

16. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I personally though the only one of Luke's ex's who could turn up with a kid in tow would have to be Akanah but that doesn't happen.

I'd have to say no.

17. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    To Anakin, yes. We don't know what was going on from Amidala's POV, and whether or not she chose to let herself get pregnant.... :D

18. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Callista wouldn't even have to speed up the child's growth rate. There are plenty of babies being born healthy after a seven or eight months pregnancy, and she could have walked up to a doctor and have him perform a Caesarian before POT (wouldn't that be the safest way to hide a child from the Skywalker clan?).

19. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    There are plenty of babies being born healthy after a seven or eight months pregnancy

Like Luke and Leia who were born at five months, six at the most

20. anakin_solo_forever

anakin_solo_forever Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2006
    It's certainly possible that Callista or Akannah could have had Skywalker's baby. Having said that, I just don't think their going to go that route. I believe Cade is the decendant of Ben Skywalker. But then again, they have not confirmed this, so maybe Luke does have another child, we will see. But, with the popularity of Mara Jade Skywalker, I would think Cade would be her decendant.

21. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Who says you need a father to give birth now?

22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Eiip! Don't say that in front of "Fathers For Justice"... they'll hunt you down in Batman costumes!

23. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

The bats outside here sound like squealing pigs, I kid you not. At least Ri'dars ssibilate.

24. Jawas_Poodoo

Apr 8, 2005
    Those babies seen in Episode III did not look like five month premature babies...they were HUGE....maybe it's the midichlorians.

-The Jawa Jedi

25. MurphysLaw

MurphysLaw Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2004
    "Callista never told you what happened to my father."

"She told me enough. She told me you killed him."

"No, you are my father."

"No...that's not true...that's impossible!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.