main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Could Christopher Lee have had a part?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by otherworlds, Feb 27, 2016.

?

Would Christopher Lee had been any good in the OT?

1. dont know/dont care

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes!

24 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Yeah it's real and quite interesting. Here is where I first read it: http://www.thegeektwins.com/2012/04/fourteen-things-you-probably-didnt-know.html#.VuF7Fja8kVs

2. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    In the original trilogy, I think Christopher Lee could have played the following characters:

Darth Vader
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Palpatine
    Jabba the Hutt (voice, speaking good Basic)
    Obi Wan Kenobi
    Anakin Skywalker (without mask)

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Christopher Lee is an all time favourite of mine - the one Bond villain I was rooting for.

He would've been great in the OT, except at the time there was no real concept of Force users popping up everywhere, and being Dooku suited him down to the ground. Any role where he couldn't shoot lightning would be missing something.

4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    This may sound silly, but he could have played Dooku coming back to haunt Palpatine in ROTJ

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    In 10 years we will be asking "Why didn't anyone cast Charles Dance in any of the new Star Wars films?" :cool:

TX-20 likes this.
  6. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Grand Admiral Dooku: "My Father was separatist scum! I will seek out every Rebel in the known universe and destroy them."

PCCViking likes this.
  7. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Could he have? No idea at all. Would I have wanted him in the OT? Not really, to be honest. He was fine as Dooku and that's good enough for me. Then again I'm one of those people that don't ask lots of "what if" questions regarding movies. The OT is what it is, and the roles were played well by their actors. I don't even think SW needed yet more villains. The ones it has are fine, no need for every single admiral or whatever to be "badass". One evil guy at the top is more than enough to make the Empire evil. The majority were just soldiers following orders. I think that's the way Palpatine had wanted it. Fewer evil guys under him meant less competition and less danger of someone overthrowing him. Vader was already more than he could handle. So I'm fine without a "Dracula" type in charge of every single Death Star or star destroyer.
    This thread's topic and survey questions are phrased differently anyway. When asked if Lee had been good I'd answer "probably", which doesn't mean I personally would have added a role for him in the OT.