main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Could Darth Maul have defeated Jango Fett?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

DARTH-SMELLY-FEET Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2007
    Yes he could, no problem at all.

2. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    This is like asking the question "Does a bear potty in the woods?" ;)

Pretty much Maul would have wasted Jango, because unlike a Jedi a Sith won't hold back...

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    And a Jedi wasted Jango quite efficiently anyway....

4. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    indeed...the biggest problem is the inability to strip the characters away from the plots of the films and cartoons, etc. If you look at the powers of the Jedi/Sith vs the Bounty Hunters, from an objective, outside of the framework view, its no contest. A halfway competent force user should, in theory, always be able to destroy a non-force user in one on one combat, quite easily. They simply have abilities the non-force user cannot defend against, while the non-force user doesn't have anything the force user cannot. Its a rather simple formula. If I can do something you can't stop, and I can stop everything you can do, I win, period.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well said. The Force FTW. :p

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ^ Having said that though, the below points are legitimate... even though I'm not a big fan of GG...

7. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    You mean the conveniently placed blaster that GG used in the first place? hmmm... OBW pwnd GG in the lightsaber duel, nuff said. Heck, he was smiling and having fun while defeating him - "look at the lightsabers go"
    In a fist fight, my money would always be on the guy with robotic limbs, strength and genereal sturdyness.

As for answering the topic - Maul would waste Jango without much difficulty. If OBW meant to kill Jango, there would be no contest,but he wanted to capture him, and there was a gunship in the way - somewhat complicating things that..

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It seems worthy of note that Obi-Wan's Force push, although it deprived Grievous of his remaining sabers, did not actually damage the General. And we know for a fact that he's supposed to have killed Jedi... presumably Lucas would have excised the relevant sections from the ROTS novel if that were not the case. It seems that destroying him is not quite so simple as to be something easily expected of any Jedi, and in Destroy Malevolence Obi-Wan escapes from him instead of the other way around.

9. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    I have thought of a way that Jango could defeat Maul:
    If he had a piece of that Force-warping creature that Lorn Pavon had and used a cloaking device, he would be able to mop the floor with Maul. (Or any other Force-user, for that matter.)

Maul can't see him, he can't sense him, end of story. ;)

10. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I think Jango would have had to employ some combination of booby traps, back-up and luck in order to defeat Maul. While Jango was clearly a skilled mercenary Maul was a killing machine, powered by the Force. He would have dispatched Jango relatively easily.

11. popeyesfriedchicken

popeyesfriedchicken Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2009
    darth maul could have taken him, no questions.

12. EECHUUTA

Mar 19, 2007
    Ya know, a Darth Maul vs. Jango (or Boba) Fett fight would be a fight that would be interesting to see. ;)

Because you know, any fool to go after any sort of bounty on Maul's skull is doomed to die slowly...

and painfully. [face_devil]

Poor Jango, you don't stand a chance @};-

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. Don't forget about the Battle of Hypori in the Clone War Micro Series. Grevious killed an entire Jedi strike team sent to bring him down.

As for the topic at hand, a Maul/Jango fight would end with Jango in pieces on the floor, which is pretty much what happened in AOTC, any way. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.