main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Could Darth Vader have taken out Jabba the Hutt?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Bob the X-Winger, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Walk into Jabba's pad and take out all his minions doing exactly what Luke and Leia effectively did.

2. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
  3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
  4. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Yeah, it would be an absolute slaughter.

5. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    It would be child's play for him.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  6. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Vader could without a doubt. He would hack and slash his way through all the guards and incapacitate Boba Fett if he is there(he has uses for him). Then, he would likely force choke Jabba to death.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Damn, that would be fun to watch.

8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Consider what Vader did in the EU. He defeated survivors of Order 66: Jedi who survived. These were powerful Jedi, and Vader was able to destroy every one of them. Observe his actions in The Lost Command and The Ghost Prison. He laid waste to his adversaries. He has the power to block lasers with his hands. (I personally theorize that what is left of Vader's organic arms and legs could block both lightning and lightsabers, but because of his cybernetic suit, this form of tutaminis was not useful to him.) Vader would be able to defeat Darth Caedus. Although Darth Caedus is more powerful, the gap between the two in terms of power is not that significant. (Jaina Solo was not more powerful than Caedus, but she was powerful enough to kill him, since the gap was not large enough.) Vader is capable of powerful Force waves. He can use the Force in a subtle manner as Darth Tyrannus could. He could cause a thermal detonator to explode without touching it. Once, he was observed freezing a target in place while he attacked. On one occasion, he caused two starships to collide with one another. He could lift incredibly heavy objects with little to no effort. Vader could choke out multiple targets simultaneously, and he was capable of crushing beings' hearts, too. He was adept in the beast control ability, and so he could use Jabba's rancor as a weapon. Even if his suit was damaged, he could use the dark side to will himself to live. This was similar to how Darth Sion and Darth Maul kept themselves alive through pain and hatred. Darth Sion and Darth Vader/Anakin died because they embraced love, and without hatred and the dark side, one cannot be immortal. This is similar to how Harry Potter's personality and love was linked with mortality, whereas Voldemort's personality and hatred was linked to immortality.

As to Jabba's gang, I imagine that Vader would utilize his overwhelming Force abilities and his incredibly skilled martial arts and dueling arts against them. He would either Force choke Jabba or throw his blade into the Hutt's gut. His only true adversary would be Boba Fett. Now, Jango Fett was skilled enough to fight a talented Jedi Knight, but he was unable to best a powerful Jedi Council member. His son, on the other hand, I think is one of the few Mandalorians who can actually fight Sith and escape. We see Boba putting up a good fight against Vader in the EU. Granted, the Sith Lord was not trying to kill Boba. In this particular fight, I imagine that Boba would fight Vader for anywhere between ten to twelve minutes, but it would be a countdown to death for the bounty hunter. Vader, having some sense of honor, however twisted, would appreciate Boba's skill. Now, Jabba can actually move faster than his bulk would imply to our eyes, but that doesn't mean he could fight, of course. Vader would catch him before he could flee. Yanth the Hutt moved quickly to escape Darth Maul, but Maul skill killed him easily.

Darth Dnej and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  9. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Why should Vader have any interest to kill Jabba the Hutt?

Already before the SE it was established that both Vader and Jabba the Hutt frequently hire Boba Fett.

From Vader's point of view Jabba probably and only recruited the best of the best.

So anytime Vader had a job he knew that his Imperial officers wouldn't be capable of doing, he probably got in touch with the crime lord on Tatooine (and the best thing: Vader could speak Huttese ;) ).

10. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    This is yet another rather morbid discussion. But if I did a fanfic, I could write a short story of Vader attacking Jabba's palace with Vader being about as violent as Selene in the Underworld films. I actually have written a novel with primarily female characters who are more powerful than Jedi and Sith in a gothic science-fantasy story. While it's mainly about the relationships and the politics, the novel is so darn violent that it makes the Underworld films look tame. I don't know what that says about me. I guess we girls are vicious and we fight much dirtier than some men do.

But that type stereotype of fighting has become popular for some male characters, too, to use in films. Vader lost his limbs and a lot of his Force potential, and he was confined to an iron mask. Yet he was eight tenths as powerful as Sidious. He may never have had what he could have had, but he knows how to make what he has count. He's still one of the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history. He could defeat Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, Darth Nihilus, Darth Bane, Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, etc. I think the only Sith Lords he could not kill are Sidious, Krayt, and Vitiate. While he could defeat them if he was willing to die trying, of course, I doubt he could destroy any of them and walk away (injured, of course).

Seriously, though, like Lt. Hija said, Vader probably respected Jabba's cruelty from some type of Stalinistic point of view. He thought that Jabba was wise to hire Boba. I mean, who do we associate with Boba working for the most? Vader and Jabba. I imagine that if Vader went psycho for some reason like Joruus C'baoth that he could actually go to his homeworld, march into Jabba's palace, and go on a killing spree.

But Vader doesn't kill for pleasure. He's not Sidious. Sidious would consider that a delight...because he's a dark, sadistic killer with traits from antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, megalomania, malignant narcissism, etc. Vader basically is damaged goods. Therefore, in a sense, he's not that different from Maul, Caedus, and Lumiya. He's broken. He has PTSD, and hates himself. But he blames other people more than himself. He only has devoted himself to a cause: uniting the galaxy and punishing it for his own pain. I believe he misses Padme, and he once loved Obi-Wan and Ahsoka and yet he came to utterly loathe both of them, he's lonely, and while part of him wants to kill Sidious, part of him wants to just find a family. So, yeah. That's Vader in a nutshell. He's a psychological mess, and that's how I look at him in general. I can see why people want to diagnose him with BPD, but I don't think he has that. I just think of him as being as interesting as a well-written Shakespearean tragic character. A lot of people like him because he can kick a##. But some of us like him because he actually redeemed himself after all this drama.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

12. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    If you darth-sinister just did that. It is incredible work.

13. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    He's posting a recent comic. Great artwork isn't it?

Jabba basically was a gangster who knew he wasn't the most powerful crime lord. He had to deal carefully with Xizor of Black Sun. Xizor felt that Jabba answered to him, but in fact, Jabba knew that he answered to the Empire. Jabba was pragmatic enough to know that the real power was the Empire, not his criminal underworld. He would be stupid to be stupid to believe otherwise. Xizor actually thought he could play around and do the dance of politics with Palpatine, and Palpatine was amused. Vader grew tired of him and destroyed him. He would have done the same if Jabba had tried to interact with the Emperor.

The point of that panel, if memory serves me, is that Jabba was like, "You use Jedi mind tricks?" Vader says, "We prefer force!" Gosh, Jabba is repulsive. I was glad when Leia killed him. Interestingly, she used Force choke and her own bodily strength to strangle him.

Rellum Kire likes this.
  14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I didn't do that. It's from the new Marvel Comics series.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. CometSmudge

CometSmudge Jedi Padawan

Feb 17, 2016
    He could do it easily, if he wanted to. Boba Fett would really be the only one who would stand a chance.

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    anakin went there in tcw and intimidated jabba.

[​IMG]

17. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Vader could. But I don't think he ever would. Jabba and his culture of criminality provided Vader with a way to handle dirty or sketchy work that perhaps Vader would not want tied to him. Jabba provided an advantage to Vader more than a disadvantage, and could potentially have been used as a source of information about any number of things. Especially using Boba Fett as an intermediary because of his close ties to both of them. I don't think Jabba would ever double cross Vader either and give him reason. He very well might have thrived upon his semi protected status that Vader indirectly provided. In fact, I'm surprised in the OT there aren't at least a couple of off duty Stormtroopers (or other Imperials) in Jabba's palace, not to protect Jabba, just a couple of bad guys knowing where to hang out amongst other bad guys and watch sexy alien dancers and disgusting beasts eat things.

knuklo-rin and Lt. Hija like this.
  18. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    To Piett and other Imperials Jabba's entourage might have been "scum", to Vader they were assets.

That's one of the things Vader never gets enough credit for, IMHO. He doesn't deprive himself of options.

Besides, what good would it be to kill Jabba? Someone else would be taking his place but would be no longer dealing with Vader. Obviously, there was some kind of mutual agreement, somewhat illustrated by Boba Fett.

19. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Boba Fett would quickly overpower Vader. Then Vader would be made to serve Jabba at his beck and call, wearing a metal bikini fitted with a respirator.

knuklo-rin likes this.
  20. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    Jabba holding Vader's leash, now that would be an image, I'd love to see. :p

PHIERY likes this.
  21. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Jabba the Hutt: The Mighty Jabba wishes to see you, Lord Vader, in this slave bikini.

Vader: The only one worthy of that <force chokes Jabba and puts his lightsaber's tip between the alien's eyes> ...is you!

PHIERY likes this.
  22. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    I'd like to see how Vaders robot legs would look in a bikini

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I smell burnt Hutt.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  24. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Gamorrean hamhocks are delicious when they're saber-cooked to perfection!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Vader would be like "All too easy".

Dinos4Ever likes this.