main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Could Disney remove the prequels from canon?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moon Labutto, Apr 16, 2016.

?

What would you choose?

1. Ban and reboot the Prequels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Keep the prequels canon the way that they are

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Simply Reboot the prequels and just forget Lucas's ever happened

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016
    OK, before I upset anyone, there is no article or rumor that this thread is based off of. It is purely an idea born of my own mind...

But Disney removed a lot of material from canon when they acquired Star Wars. Whose to say they are done and reboots are somewhat rampant right now. I simply became curious because there is such a disdain for the prequels, that there might be a market for Disney to reboot them and cast the original prequels into non-canon hell.

If Disney went through with this it would sadden me. Why? It is the last installment of Lucas's legacy that would involve him. I enjoyed the prequels...no they weren't the original trilogy. My biggest complaints with the prequels were; 1. Lucas didn't go through with Jar Jar being a Sith Lord in disguise (would have given the character some validity in the end), 2. Darth Maul played such a small and quiet role void of dialogue, 3. Poor casting on the part of Anakin throughout (Heath Ledger would have been a phenomenal choice), 4. weak writing regarding the love story of Anakin and Padme, and 5. Puppet Yoda before they CGI'd him.

But honesty, All things considered, I think that the prequels were better written (overall), produced, and directed than TFA. When I really sit down and compare the two, I really do feel that way. So the idea of a new set of prequels with Disney behind the wheel actually scare me a bit, but at the same time it is just that much more Star Wars I get to watch.

So I don't really know how I feel about the notion... I really do not. How about you guys?

2. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I always assumed before Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney. In the contract somewhere it specifically says Disney must treat the prequels as canon and cannot do away with them in that fashion. In the same agreement The Clone Wars series was also added.

I don't think Lucas would allowed Disney to do away with the prequels so nonchalantly after all of the years he spend working on them. Imagine all of the work and headache they gave him.

Regardless of people's opinions towards them.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
  4. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    The "canon" they removed was never really canon to begin with. The movies are the bible of SW. Rest easy, they won't get touched.

JoshieHewls and thejeditraitor like this.
  5. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016
  6. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016

OK, thanks for that. I'm still getting caught up with all of the changes and stuff that happened.

7. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I heard a Rumor that when Disney approached Lucas they originally did not want CGI Clone Wars as canon?

8. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    A divisive paranoia induced thread. Should be locked.

DarthCricketer likes this.
  9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Moon Labutto Don't worry about anything. I'll lock the thread right up and you can discuss in the other. Oh, and please do avoid double posting, for future reference

Locking

heels1785 and thejeditraitor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.