main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Could Dooku issue Order 66?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, May 2, 2014.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    We know from the Lost Missions that Order 66 is due to a inhibitor chip placed in the brain of every clone at an early stage, which removes their free will when Palpatine declares Order 66 . But I've been wondering, could Dooku issue Order 66, in his guise of Darth Tyranus?

The inhibitors came from Lord Tyranus, and they obviously contained the programming that caused the clones to respond to the voice of Darth Sidious. But would they respond to Darth Tyranus as well?

whostheBossk and Dameron like this.
  2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    We presume that the chips Dooku gave to the Kaminoans originated with Sidious, who would have ensured his apprentice had no way of usurping control from him.

That said, that doesn't mean Dooku couldn't tinker with the inhibitor chips prior to delivering them to Kamino...

3. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    That's an interesting idea. It makes you wonder whether the clones would do if they confronted Dooku without any Jedi present as witnesses...

Darth Dnej likes this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think it's impossible but I hope they don't go that route. I don't want them to needlessly persist in trying to paint Dooku Black.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I doubt Palpatine would let Dooku do that but wouldn't be surprised if Dooku thought about it.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Sids didn't know all. He may not have known in the first place.

7. The Shadow Collective

The Shadow Collective Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2013
    That's such an awesome idea, never considered the fact. Imagine if Dooku could have manipulated the chip manufacturing, he wouldn't have been able to change all the clones already on the field, but any clones going forward could have been programmed to kill Palpatine. Then, when he had a large enough amount, he could have lured Palpatine somewhere secluded and set thousands of clones on him at once! Sidious being as powerful as he was may have been able to survive an other whelming amount of clones, but i'm sure even he would have had his limits.
    It would be a one time deal for Dooku though, as if it failed, Sidious would likely know his play and have his head!

8. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I think the clones were honestly loyal to the Republic and had some way of verifying that Order 66 or similar instructions came from the proper command authority, which they did. The orders would be guarded and secured in a way equivalent to our nuclear launch codes, and the chips were part of that. If Palpatine were to be deposed and lose access to the privileges of the Supreme Chancellor, I believe that he would also have lost the power to issue Order 66. Maybe a Mas Amedda or some kind of Senate-approved interim leader could have given Order 66 if Palpatine were to be injured or killed, but it would have to be someone with the legitimate right to do so.

I doubt Dooku can usurp command of the clones in either of his identities. The clones have no idea that Dooku/Tyranus is actually Palpatine's second-in-command. As far as they know, they report to the leader of the Republic.

Besides, knowing Sith, it makes more sense that while Sidious knows the codes and methods to shut down the driod armies, he denies his apprentice the power to take control of the clones. I'm sure somewhere in Orders 1-65 there's at least one that would end Sidious' reign right quick. Surely Sidious decided to keep that temptation from Dooku.

9. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    That stupid "inhibitor chip" story takes the last tension out of the clone betrayal against the jedi generals.

PT gave a clear message of, the clones following orders and killing their jedi generals in cold blood.

Now they simply have a geneticaly malfunction and killing the jedi in accident...:rolleyes:

TCW sucked the last sense of tension out of the PT.

Well done Mr. Lucas and Mr Feloni.

[​IMG]

10. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013

Clearly no malfunction.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    SeinEwigerSchatten : Thank. You. That's almost exactly what I said when I reviewed the Order 66 arc. Filonicus ruined/retconned one of the only good scenes in ROTS because they were afraid people (kids? adults? Dunno) couldn't handle the clones consciously choosing to do something bad.

Ugh. Just ugh.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I preferred the implication that Battlefront II gave, that the clones KNEW that Order 66 was coming. It wasn't some hardwired command stored subconsciously, nor was it just them following a spontaneous order without question.

What I regarded as on screen evidence for this is Gree receiving the command in the above Order 66 clip. Gree receives the order, away from Yoda, the other clone, Chewie and Tarfful. Yet, all he does is walk up to them, give the other clone a mere nod, and the other clone seems to know exactly what this means.

Now, it might be argued that the other clone received the order through some head set, but if that were the case, why is Palpatine contacting Gree and Cody through conspicuous holograms, as opposed to contacting everyone through a less obvious comm device in their helmet like Neyo? Also, Neyo visibly interacts with his helmet while receiving the order, the clone on the other speeder does not, and Gree's subordinate does not. And like Gree, Neyo does little more than have to give his subordinate a subtle nod, and the other clone seems to understand that this nod means "kill the Jedi."

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm fine with their knowing it was coming. In fact, that adds to the creepiness and overall horror of the ROTS scene; the clones befriended the Jedi knowing all along that they would eventually be called upon to shoot them in the back.

The Order 66 arc diminishes that horror by making them into Gollum-esque creatures in no control of their own behavior. Kind of like going from a horror movie with a calculating villain to a cheap zombie flick with all the undead walking around with their arms out muttering "Eat brains eat brains eat brains".

The villain who actually knows he's a villain is much more interesting.

14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Yes, but the fact that the clones were genuinely fond of the Jedi up till the point their brainwashing kicks in makes the Jedi's ignorance of the threat the clones pose more believable. If the clones knew all along that they were going to be killing the Jedi, it would be hard for them to conceal those feelings.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I never assumed in AOTC and ROTS that the clones were "genuinely fond" of the Jedi. Not so fond of them that they couldn't step back and do what they were ordered anyway.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe if Dooku mastered a perfect Darth Sidious impression.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Just wear a hood. Everyone knows in the GFFA a hood is all you need to have a perfect disguise.

purplerain likes this.
  18. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Not if one has the holocam-analysis device Ahsoka used in The Academy to expose a cloaked Almec. :p

Seriously, they really went a little overboard with the Enhance Button trope there. If only the Neimoidians had that, they could have exposed Sidious!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, that was a serious eyeroll. 3D or not, how can a hologram depict a face that was facing (no pun intended) the opposite direction of the receptacle?

Circular Logic likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think it's best if we just pretend Season 3 never happened. ;)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Except the Nightsisters arc. :D

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Hey, I liked the Citadel Arc!

DarthKreVass likes this.
  23. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I always thought the order could only be given by the Supreme Chancellor.

24. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I really wish that they stuck with Tarkin shooting Sobeck. It would be far more meaningful. Tarkin shooting Sobeck would be in-character for Tarkin and would forshadow the Empire while the ending we got is meaningless Ahsoka action.

Vialco likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The store that sells me wine liked the Citadel arc.