main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Could Han have been the one to turn on the lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I posted this Theory in another thread, It's an interesting theory, But I think it is Kylo, I mean despite what the theory says, it doesn't make any sense for Han to do it.

2. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015

You mean Benicio isn't really playing Jar Jar? The sequel trilogy is ruined!

AmySolo likes this.
  3. Darth Pig

Darth Pig Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 21, 2016
    No that was what Harrison Ford was saying to kill Han. :D

4. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015

Well at least you came to some sense eventually but at what point was it interesting? Its a mind numbingly stupid theory that for it to be given a seconds thought meant you missed the point of one of the best scenes in the saga.

5. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

Came to Sense? I never thought the theory was what happened, but it's a different take on the Situation, it was something to think about. (did you read the theory?) Speculation is fun, exploring various different takes and theories. How that automatically means you miss the point of the Scene is anybodies guess? seems like you need to reign it in a little bit mate.

6. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Perhaps I was a bit thin with my description up thread. After he inadvertently pressed the button, Han did utter " ... Oh ... woops ... " while both looked into each others eyes and Han touched Kylo's face. But I did not post the other thing I thought I heard because it was so mottled. In subsequent analysis, I now feel that Kylo, on offering his saber to Han, did say, "I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?", and Han answered affirmatively. Kylo then mumbled, "Okay. Here. Careful, it's hair trigger ... and watch those freaking quillons; I keep burning myself and stuff with them." The rest is canon.

Sarge and AmySolo like this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sometimes I wonder why I come here.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no. qui-gon was killed in battle, obi-wan sacrificed himself willingly and han was murdered trying to save his son.

each mentor death was different. killed battling with a weapon, killed while holding back a weapon and killed without a weapon.

9. Warren Moonwalker

Warren Moonwalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    yeah, i don't think harrison ford wanted to be in episode 8 and 9

10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    If the rumors of Han Solo appearing in Ep VIII in flashbacks holds any water, I think there will be more to this.

11. darth elyk

darth elyk Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Could you please explain what you mean? Han basically killing himself relates to possible visions/flashbacks/etc in 8 in what way?

not sure if serious so I am asking...

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    What I mean is that there is a possibility that Han may have known something that we, the audience, did not know when Ben killed him. I don't think Han killed himself, but I do think that its possible that he knew he had to let Ben kill him for the greater good based on knowledge we don't have yet, that could be revealed in a flashback scene in Ep 8.

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no flashbacks i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.