main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Could Have Been Me" THIS IS IT! FINAL CHAPTER-FUTURE ALWAYS IN MOTION IT IS. LET'S HOPE SO!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I like him too.

Hey JK150- have you seen Pirates yet- great movie :)

2. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Hey JK150- have you seen Pirates yet- great movie

Yea. Twice, and both times I got in for free.

I really want to see how much more they are going to traumatize poor Obi. He seems to have no sort of luck whatsoever.

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I think this doctor is lifting the bucket off of Qui's head and throwing it away.

POOR OBI! :_|

4. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Well the doctor surely dented that bucket and most likely poked a few holes in it. However, only time will tell if Qui-gon truly open up his mind and heart.

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    YEA!!! I am home.

I hope to have a post up Wednesday.

My motherly duties prevents me from writing tonight. "Gus" had to stay at the vet's kennel.

Now I have to baby him a little tonight!!

PEACE ewen

P.S.

Padawan3,
    I almost fell out of my chair when I saw you finally posted again on one of my stories. Glad you did!!!

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    O.K. Now you have to admit I am the only author who will admit that their post might be boring. But like I said, this is the calm before all Hell breaks lose. ewen

################

Obi-Wan was released into Master Jinn?s care none the wiser to the demise of his best friend. He was given a force suggestion to put Xanatos Crion out of his mind. That would not definitely insure that he would not remember Xani and also remember his death or possibly just ask to see him. However it did give them time. How much was not a certainty and what to do was another perplexing problem?

Master Jinn settled Obi-Wan on the common room sleep sofa and went to the kitchen for tea.

Bruck ad already been asked to move from his shared quarters with his master until the council decided what to do with him. He already assured them he did not plan to take a position in the Agricorps. Unknown to him the council was too leery about his darkness to send him there anyway. No he would get his wish. He would go home to his father and if trouble erupted because of his force abilities then he would be dealt with by the proper chain of command.

The force had a way of dwindling for some not strong enough to complete its cycle of existence. Bruck was not strong enough in the force of good to totally turn to the dark side. His power, less than most apprentices anyway, denied him the energy he needed to sustain the dark force.. Some might not believe it, but it took a very powerful person in the force of good to be able to turn to the force of evil completely. That is why it was even more disheartening when a Jedi turned; to watch someone with such high potential to do so much good throw it away for the dark side. .

?Healer Ignatius said everything would eventually come back to me. Do you think he is right Master Jinn??

No sooner had the master returned from the kitchen to wait for the tea to brew did Obi-Wan launch into barrage of questions.

?I am not healer, however I think Healer Ignatius is a very wise healer. He should know.?

?I seem to have a cloud in my mind that prevents me from seeing some of the past and I get the feeling it is an important part of it. Like, I remember living here, at the temple you know?.. I also believe you are the reason I chose the path I did and did not become a Jedi. Though for the life of me I can?t imagine what could have changed my mind. Why on choosing day did I turn down an offer to be chosen. I can?t remember it. I can only reason that is what happened. I also feel a deep loss but I am confused as to what it would be. I suppose you cannot give me a clue on any of this stuff can you??

Jinn was glad for the first of many times to come that the Healer had instructed him not to supply the boy with the truth .Qui-Gon was not sure Obi could stand the truth right now, not when it came to what he most certainly consider his failure as a Jedi or the death of his friend..

Poor kid, he can?t remember Xani right now, though he feels a loss and he assumes he was chosen as a master's apprentice and turned down the offer.

?I did have a master choose me that day didn't I? I feel I was connected to one once. I am sorry. I know I am suppose to let my thoughts and memories come back in their own due time. The healer did say I should not question you about it.?

?Yes, but I can understand your anxiety in waiting. I don?t think you will have to wait long.

?I hope not either. I have a distinct feeling there is something, no someone who is missing in my life that played a very important in it. I also get the feeling that somehow we were are connected though I know for certain you are not my master.?

Jinn was very cautious now. He certainly didn?t want Obi-Wan to know the truth as soon as he reached home.

?Master Jinn, may I ask you one more question??

?Yes and then that is it. You need to rest. I will go bring you some tea and you can settle down for a nap.?

Master Jinn realized he was relying on that cup of tea for way too much?support?. It would not soothe Obi?s thoug

7. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Boring? I think not! It was a very good set up post. You did a wonderful job showing Obi's confusion, and Qui's indecision and frustrations. As always, I look forward to more!

--later--

8. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Oooooo. This is getting good.

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Boring? NOT AT ALL

Bye Bye Bruckie :D

10. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    yeah , see ya bruck.

11. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Well I hope you landed on something soft when you fell off that chair. I know I can have an effect on people, I just didn't realize I had that particular effect when I post. Nor did I realize that my lurking was that infamous.

And no your post wasn't boring; it was a set up. You need set ups in good stories. It's the authors that believe a story is constant action that have problems. You need a calm ocean to truly appreciate the beauty and viciousness of turbulent waves. It gives a chance to reflect back to the story; everything is so much more clear in hindsight.

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I am working on the next post. Tonight or in the morning.

PEACE ewen

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    For the first time that day since being released, Obi-Wan felt a swell of calm overtake him. He nestled further down into the deep goose down coverlet, over the bed he was to sleep in. He was drowsy before his head hit the soft layered pile of pillows and he welcomed the beckoning slumber. As sleep seemed to sink right into his bones, he wisely decided to let his worries go until first thing the next day. Obi-Wan just wanted to rest and feel the comfort of someone there to care for him, Master Jinn. Something deep inside told him, the luxury of a person to watch over him was a rare thing in his life.

Sleep came quickly for the boy as Jinn checked on him one more time before he himself readied for bed.

In a distance that to Obi-Wan sounded far away, he could hear a soft humming melody of Master Jinn as he showered and Obi drifted further into his sleep with hopes of sweet dreams. What lay in store for the boy was not a dream at all.

Not five minutes into the dream, it turned into a nightmare of truths stacked in order as they came to him one by one. What he could not remember before because of the mind suggestion while he was awake, all came rushing back to him by way of a dream, a nightmare, a horrible vision of the reality he wanted to keep hidden but couldn?t. His subconscious would not allow it. It floated to the top of his consciousness like a billowy cloud and Obi dreamed the truth over and over again each time with more and more terror filling his soul along with more detail as to what was missing in his memory along with what the healer encouraged him to believe through the mind suggestion.

Similar to the vision that tormented Master Jinn before he let his mind remember Obi-Wan, was the nightmare Obi-Wan was just thrust in. Haunting memories of a confrontation, a master claiming Initiate Obi-Wan Kenobi fought with anger to forge his way and win the battle. And finally he was denied apprenticeship to that master because of what the master perceived as anger, coursing through his veins to give him the edge in the duel. That said master that denied Obi-Wan a chance to become a Jedi failed to see what truly stood before him; a determined former crècheling that wanted more that anything for knighthood to be his destiny.

Xanatos his friend, was he a Jedi? Yes, once according to the dream, Obi fought to get out of. His only friend gone, how, Death? Obi-Wan saw it as clear in his mind as if it *WAS* the day he died. Obi-Wan Kenobi?s most precious and cherished friendship died with Xanatos Crion. He was now thrown in the temple of Jedi, who earlier sent him away. He was forced to live with the Jedi that refused him a place in the Jedi apprenticeship program. That was Obi-Wan?s perception of the dream and he accepted all he saw as absolute truth. He refused to allot for any contortion of his dream. Instead he opted to believe all that ran through his head like a ticker-tape, was the truth.

Master Jinn heard the moans from Obi-Wan and went to see what was wrong. He stood silently in the doorway and watched as Obi-Wan thrashed about in the bed that earlier he thought welcomed him to blissful sleep. The nightmare held Kenobi in a gripping terror of reality. That reality in the form of a dream but Obi knew even while asleep it was true. A master denied him a place in the Jedi. That master was Qui-Gon Jinn. A friend, the best he ever had dead and there beside Obi-Wan to watch that friend die was the same master Qui-Gon Jinn. Every little truth missing from his past flooded through his mind and then some.. He now knew it all, plus some thrown in that while true, his nightmare misconstrued that truth of it.

Obi-Wan came out of bed like a ?wild child?. He glared at the master who stood in the doorway for only seconds before he barreled toward him to make his escape. Kenobi felt trapped, held against his wishes.

Master Jinn?s first thought was to block the boy?s path in the doorway. He could see the crazed terror that blazed in Obi-Wan?s eyes. On second thought, the master fear

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  16. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    That was funny trying to picture Qui-Gon getting pummeled by Obi -Wan. Yoda to the rescue! Nice!

--later--

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  18. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **grins** It's nice to see Qui getting his butt kicked by a little kid! However, someone needs to set that boy's record straight!

19. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    clear his mind the boy must.

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Hope all of you had a very good weekend.

I am just here to say hi and to shamefully up my own story, so here it goes.

UP!!!!!

PEACE ewen

21. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    ewen: [face_shocked] *GASP* *goes into cardiac arrest*

ps. It's only shameful if you do it again, and again and again, etc.

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Jinn sat in all too- small chair by the edge of Obi-Wan?s bed. He didn?t like what he was forced to do to the child but it was completely necessary. When Obi-Wan woke up again he became just as adamant about leaving. This time however, Master Jinn was ready. He used the force to hold the boy there like invisible bonds wrapped around him. Had he been sadistic, Master Jinn would have put a force bond over Obi-Wan?s mouth. For the last fifteen minutes he, Master Yoda, and Healer Ignatius were forced to listen to the high pitched shrill screams. The thrashing against the invisibles bonds had stopped. Now just occasionally did a scream escape Obi-Wan?s mouth.. His weariness and failure at escape ruled his decision to just lay there and seethe angrily without a word.

?Are you ready to give up and speak with me??

Obi-Wan glanced at Master Jinn who had leaned back in the chair and taken a languid-like attitude which was all a façade..

Healer Ignatius had instructed Jinn to be calm, collected, and most of all sympathetic towards the boy?s behavior, but not give in to his demands. Master Jinn was to direct him to follow his request and settle for nothing less.

It angered Obi to see the master beside his bed relaxed and calm when to him, his life had just suffered a horrible set-back. Not only had he realized Xani was dead but he was forced to be around Master Jinn, the one who turned him down. Obi?s confusion led him to believe that Qui-Gon could not possibly have any good feelings for him if he was turned down by him choosing day. His memory of how they had earlier gotten along was forgotten. But his memory of Master Jinn being the reason he was put out of the temple not once but twice was suddenly all too fresh in his mind.

All Master Jinn got by way of an answer from Obi-Wan was his return battle with the force bonds. Obi?s mouth foamed as he battled against invisible restraints. He tired hard not to allow his anger to escape so vehemently. After all, he knew Master Jinn would never let him go under the duress he was in. It would be too chancy. Qui-Gon had enough common sense to realize that in the state Obi-Wan was in he would most likely try another escape. He had no desire to chase the boy again.

My lungs will burst if I have to run him down again. I think after this is over I have to get a better exercise program. It?s either that or I truly am starting to feel and show my age.

Jinn?s eyes never left Obi-Wan and his patience grew less and less with passing time.

?Do you plan to answer me? If no, I want to go make some tea maybe some soup and pull-a-part bread for mid-meal. Would you like something??

Qui tried to act like the stone Jedi master Ignatius instructed him to be, but it was becoming more difficult and less agreeable to the Jedi master. He did not feel he should be obligated to hide his reactions to Obi-Wan?s obvious temper tantrum.. He suddenly found himself fighting a certain amount of anger for the boy that lay force- bounded up in bed. He resented Obi for what he had to do to him and his irrational thinking although he understood Obi?s medical and mental reasons for it.
    Master Jinn closed his eyes and used the force to calm his raging disdain for a mere child, lost in his own memories confused by the missing parts of those very memories..

Yes I must have more patience with him. Every time I get the urge to strangle the little critter I will remember I am a Jedi as he is as well. I must also remember how confused and frightened he is and let that be my guide to actions for or against him.

Jinn felt all his unwanted bad feeling for Obi leave him with the help of the force. The compassion that suddenly crept in Jinn?s heart far outweighed the anger he mentally held at bay for the Obi-Wan. He possessed an overwhelming feeling of inadequacy in himself to quell the child?s misery, whether real or mentally exaggerated. He thought he liked the emotion of anger to the more hurtful feeling of sympathy for the one who still gritted his teeth until Maste

23. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Poor Obi and Qui. :(

so if happiness is all you look for, you might find it hard to get it here!!!

You weren't kidding...

24. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    "My lungs will burst if I have to run him down again. I think after this is over I have to get a better exercise program. It?s either that or I truly am starting to feel and show my age." [face_laugh] LOL

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Sounds like some of palpy's brainwashing is still in there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.