main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Could Have Been Me" THIS IS IT! FINAL CHAPTER-FUTURE ALWAYS IN MOTION IT IS. LET'S HOPE SO!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Ewan i have to say i love your style. i have read a few of your other stories and it seems to stay consistant(that's good). it is purly unique. the structure for your stories are amazing, well thought out and with great detail... just keep writting!! i love reading it.
    Red*

ps... if that *fool* doesn't watch his mouth he'll have more than xani beating him *holds up her big stick* heheheheheh

2. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I can not wait till "Master Jinn" learns Obi's story, and finds out what a low life his precious padawan really is. :mad: 7 But they really do deserve each other don't they.

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You said it 7

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for all the feedback. I love IT! just can't answer it this morning.

I am headed off to work early so I got up extra early to post this one for you. I love this post and I think you will like the next one. You know kinda H/C in the next one. ewen.

##############

The meeting progressed as planned but not as entirely planned for everyone. Xanatos was without Obi-Wan by his side because the child, in a fit of anger or just plan discouragement left. Left without saying if he intended to go home or walk awhile in the city. He *just* left.

########The meeting hall #########

?Let me make myself clear on this. I see no reason for any more discussions. I have the backing of the republic senate and the Jedi. What else do I need; some approval by *a want-to-be-senator* or ruler of this *world*, Xanatos Crion. I think not. I think we would should forge ahead and sign the decree to give me at least a five year tenure over the Telosian people. I will prove to you I can make a difference. Five years will give me enough time to make that difference.?

Xani would have liked to have thrown something at the man, preferably his fist, but opted to sit there and roll his eyes until it was his turn to speak. While he was worried about this man possibly getting control of his home world and *his* people, in his mind also was his little pal, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Surely he saw himself back home. I know he wouldn?t do anything stupid like running away. Xani answered his own mental question just as soon as he asked it to himself. No, he wouldn?t do that.

Fianlly Xani's thoughts returned to the man at the podium,the speech ended.

?Boisterous egregious lies, spewed by a mad man!! That is all it is Master Jinn. Can you not see that? Why would the Jedi even contemplate for a second to allow this man to govern our world.?

?I am not sure, but if I a had to put a bet on it or worse yet, guess, I would say someone in high places got to someone on the council. Master Plo Koon is quite friendly with Palpatine. Of course I do not allude to the possibility that Plo Koon did anything wrong. Master Plo Koon has always bordered on the bad side of good or vice versa, whichever you choose. That is my take on him anyway. Master Yoda, if here, would take issue of the harshness of my words though. Plo Koon could have been swayed to think Palpatine?s way with just a little persuasive conversation with the senator. I mean he is rumored to be next in line to replace Chancellor Valorum. ?

?What about Senator Valorum? Could he be behind any of this??

?I doubt it. Fini and I have been friends for a lot of years. He would not be inclined to endorse someone like Sarran with such onesided indoctrinations, to rule a world. It takes someone with a plot behind them, something planned than could only do harm to your people. I will report all this to the council?.

Jinn stood up in the crowd and faced off with Sarran as he stood at the podium, seemingly unwilling to yield it to Xanatos as he should.

?Mr. Sarran I think the public that are here to oversee this meeting should know that only a few in the republic senate back your endorsement. As for the Jedi, I as their representative have been instructed to report to the Jedi council and their decision will weigh heavily on my input.Only then,will they will make their decision. I am sorry but your position as ruler here can not be upheld until all factions agree.?

?Listen Jinn I think you should have not let your heart rule your head. Everyone here knows that Xanatos Crion is favored by you. You personally trained him as a Jedi did you not? While I have been gracious in allowing the republic senate and the Jedi have say in all this, it is not necessary that I do. I can personally take over this planet Telos, small and defenseless that it is.?

Xanatos rose in anger.

?If you try to take over before the Jedi or republic senate endorses your position there will be a civil war. I don?t think you will even get a step in the door

5. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    ohhhhh xani needs a hug.... *eyes go wide* i can't belive i just said that.... but it's true.

6. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Xani needs more than a hug, he needs to work off that aggression, and not upside Sarran's head either. [face_devil] BTW, we've got to find Obi-wan people, he's missing remember. 7

7. fic_reader

fic_reader Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    Calm yourself 7, ewen will reveal all in due time. hopefully.

8. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    not as fast as we can read it though... that's the problem...

9. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
  10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Head's up You might want to red the last sentence twice and wonder what I mean!!!!!

####################

Master Jinn was not sure what Xanatos meant by his last statement but he thought it best to just drop any conversation about Obi-Wan and instead form a search party with the three of them.

?Xanatos we will discuss all this later. However I think with the darkness here we should at least try to find your boy. Now, I am not saying he ran away.

?Good because I know he didn?t. He must be in the city sulking or something. That has to be it. There is a little café or restaurant thing he hangs out in. There are other?s his age as I understand it that frequent it. Maybe his brooding little self went there to find some sympathy among his own age group.?

?Doesn?t? he feel inferior because he is a slave?"

Bruck?s viperous words came out like a snake who had just struck. The only thing the apprentice struck, was discord with his master.

Qui-Gon shot another sharp look at Bruck and he dared a response.

?I am sorry Master. Is that out of line too; speaking the truth I mean. He is a slave. How better should I put it??

?Yes, but we don?t have to throw it in his face Padawan, not as often as you seem to have a desire to do. Besides technically the word used for Obi?s situation is indentured servant. He aids Xanatos in work for the repayment of a roof over his head and food.?

Xanatos breathed a slight sigh of relief . It was the first time Jinn had spoken any words of reprimand for Bruck continued dwelling on Obi-Wan?s status.

"Well he is not here and like you said I am just making an observation."

?Try not to make so many *observations* Bruck.?

With that the master pushed Bruck to the side and walked to the door.

Xanatos, not sure exactly what had just taken place, with his former master?s defense of his friend Obi, just stared only to be stared back.

Qui-Gon put his hand on the doorknob opened it and waited, just waited.

?Well, Xanatos do you plan to help me look for him or not??

With a shrug to his shoulders, ?Yes of course, let?s go. Coming Bruck??

The padawan with his mouth wide opened in the shock his master gave him by what he felt was his veracious defense of Obi-Wan, followed without one word said by the awestruck cruel apprentice.

Obi-Wan did not run away. However after he had been gone so long he feared the reprisal of his actions. Xanatos was not cruel and would never use violence of any kind as a punishment.

Well he hasn?t ever. Then again I have never been so blatantly disrespectful. I have been gone for ten hours. I bet steam is coming my master?s ears with the anger and disappointment of me. I shouldn?t have left. Why Kenobi, don?t you ever think things through before you just do them without thought of consequences?

As luck or maybe misfortune would have it, Qui-Gon was the one who found Obi-Wan The three had split up in order to cover more area of the city as the hour grew later . Streets on Telos seem to attract the dishonest, the homeless and thieves when they were at their darkest and the night at it?s latest.

Obi-Wan sat sullenly on the steps of a now closed corner market. Jinn assumed this was not the meeting place Obi normally meant his friends at.

?Need company??

What did I say that? I am not here keep the boy company or to amuse. I came here to find an unruly young man, not mend his broken ego, which is that way for no clear reason.

?Huh?Company from you? I don?t think so Master Jinn??

?Listen Obi-Wan, you don?t know me personally and although you know Bruck, I don?t think you were friends or enemies. Why do you hold such hostile feelings for the both of us? Is it from your jealousy harbored because we are Jedi and you are not??

?Oh believe me Master Jinn. I don?t hold any jealousy for you or your apprentice. I just don?t like you? personally I mean?I just don?t like you as the *person* not the *Jedi*.?

Qui-Gon sit down on the stoop next to Obi. He could see the boy?s body stiffened up as soo

11. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    The "last time" hmmmmmm... what do you mean by the last time? Xani's taking that final journey, or he just won't be calling Qui master anymore. More please. 7

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You just had to leave it there [face_devil]

So, what did Gus get you for mother's day? :)

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    7 That is why cliff hangers are called just that to keep you hanging, not for me to tell you before I post again.

P.K. Yes, I had to leave it there.You know how I love cliffies. Read the other story and you will see. Oh for Mother's Day I got a card from Gus in the mail.No!! He isn't a miracle dog. My twin sister picks one up especially for a dog to send to his *MOM* and she sends it to me from him.

Strange aren't we?!?

PEACE ewen

14. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    hmmmmm maybe they will never see each other again... or maybe xani will just stop calling qui that....

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    R.J.K. Are you blonde? Just wondering. That is what people ask me sometimes when I am not quite as fast as they are figuring things out!!!lol

Just kidding!!! This is not a hold out for feedback. If I see an intense desire to find out what happens on Telos with Xani and Obi while Jinn is away, I will try very hard to post this afternoon. I even brought a floppy disk of the next half completed post to work to finish it here. Let me know!!!!!

PEACE ewen

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH OBI AND XANI!!!!!

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Xanatos and Obi-Wan saw Master Jinn and Padawan Chun off, back to Coruscant with a promise from Qui-Gon as soon as the situation at the temple was settled he would return. He also warned Xanatos not to throw anymore threats Sarran?s way and let him believe he would gain control of Telos. He reassured Xanatos things would be fine.Would they be, fine that is?

Obi-Wan had never been comfortable in the company of these two Jedi, but he felt a sadness and concern when they left. He realized he should have sucked up his pride and not given Xanatos such a hard time. He needed the Jedi, needed his former master to help him through this. Obi let the shivers and the feeling of dread disburse around him as they walked back to their home.

It is just my imagination. Xan is more than capable to handle anything that comes his way. He doesn?t need Jinn or Chun to protect him. He has me doesn?t he?

#########Back at the temple.##########

When Jinn reached the temple he found almost the entire family of Jedi masters and padawans there to protect the temple. They had managed to avert an all-out attack by their adversaries. It was left up to Qui-Gon along with Bruck Chun to find out who attacked them and why. It didn?t take long because Qui-Gon recognized one of the men captured by the Jedi when he tried to infiltrate the temple through the air ducts. Ducts that started out in the lower levels of the temple had been tapped into by their aggressors in the lower levels of Coruscant. The man Jinn recognized was famous in a weird way. He ran the band of renegades and thugs that controlled the lower level of Coruscant itself.

Beneath the streets of Coruscant was safe haven for some of the most noted cut throats and low life. The one captured was one of the lowest and most despicable of the group. It only took a mind suggestion and the man spilled the beans. The band of homeless, less fortunate ones, but much more aggressive of the lower level dwellers had be given weapons and plied with lies and innuendoes that implied the Jedi were the reason the men could not survive successfully above ground.. Jinn knew even before he asked, the man would admit that it was Darth Sidious and his apprentice who had gone down to the lower levels and pumped the men?s head with venom and hatred for the Jedi. So much so, it was decided to attack and regain their freedom and dignity. The group didn?t have a chance.

The Jedi temple was once again free of any threats with all the men gathered up once the Jedi knew where to look.

Qui-Gon had only been gone for ten days. He tried several times to raise Xanatos on his comm only to not receive an answer. Jinn, with a touch of worry in the back of his mind, pushed it aside to continue his clean up on Coruscant.

Once things were settled at the temple, Qui-Gon went to the temple council and asked that he immediately be reassigned to Telos. The council wanted him elsewhere, but Yoda forced them to relent and allow Jinn to go back and follow up. Someone needed too. The council themselves opted not to allow Sarran his time to rule. Palpatine had not been happy and had gone to Telos himself. Jinn knew he would be there when he arrived and dreaded dealing with the sometimes irate senator.

Qui-Gon sat out on his balcony and enjoyed the setting sun. Unease seem to creep over the master but he could not pinpoint the reason behind it. He looked up to see Master Yoda come through the balcony doors.

?Ready you are to leave tomorrow??

?Yes if you have found me a transport to leave on??

Most of the Jedi ships were off taking the masters and their apprentice back to their previous assigned missions. All congregated back to the temple now needed transported back to their respective assignments.

?Leave this evening you could??

?Yes Master Yoda. I have told you we are packed and ready to go.?

?Then wait for the transport tomorrow night you should not. Civil war or beginnings of it, broken out on Telos it has. Have need of your presnese immediately they do.?

?Th

18. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    awwww, you killed xanny.

poor obi must be in shock.

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    :_|!!!!!!!

And who has obiwan!!!!

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Come on guys, don't leave me!!!!!

Don't let a character death run you off.The story wil still be good.I mean I left Xanatos a good person and the quest for Obi-Wan right now is entirely for Xani's benefit even though is his one wth the force

The next post will have an interesting twist but without any dying scenes!!

PEACE ewen

21. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    actually i'm a red head.. and somebody better get obi out of there quickly!! i dont like him with palpy... bad sith lord...

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Tired and weary after a night of Econ and Math, so *yawns*. I'll get a better response sometime - but let's just say that Xanatos (I'm at the end of page 1) is just ... nice but horrible.

Qui-Gon's Mr. Idiot as ever and Bruck is the very epitome of cruelty. I can imagine some several capital punishments for Qui, Bruck, and Xan - and I'll start making a magic carpet for Obi-Wan as of right now.

Aunecah

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon sought quiet and privacy when he went into Xanatos? bedroom. He picked up a picture that sat on the nighstand. It was he and Xani when he was a boy was no more than Bruck?s age now.

I remember this. It was taken at one of Master Yoda?s many birthday parties. Xani got him a fishing pole to retire with. Boy, did Master Yoda raise some hell over that.

Qui-Gon sat down on the edge of the bed to read through the rest of Xanatos? will. He wanted a Jedi funeral back on Coruscant and the council members already assured Qui-Gon he would have it. Weariness set in as the master read on.

The will read and nothing else to do but wait for tomorrow morning to come and with the sunrise would be the transport that would arrive to take everyone back to Coruscant. He along with Xani?s body and his murderer would all be shipped back together. That, thought Master Jinn, would be the hardest. Knowing Xani lay in the back, cold and lifeless, yet the man responsible for his death remained breathing and on the same ship. Temptations galore, but for the memory of Xani, Qui-Gon actually thought he could choke the man to death with his bare hands.

He laid back on the pillow, where Xanatos should be right now and closed his eyes. The smell of Xanatos Crion?s favorite scented soap still lingered on the pillow and permeated the smelling senses of the master. The unforgettable scent brought with it memories of all the past good times shared with his former apprentice. They floated through Qui-Gon?s mind like they were on billowy soft clouds.. He relived every painfully sweet memory before it was disrupted by the sad realization that none of that could ever be duplicated again. He knew Master Yoda would say Xani was "one with the force" and in good hands but the selfish part of him wanted Xanatos returned to him vibrantly alive, breathing, thriving, as any young adult should be his age. Not readied to be laid upon a pyre for his last journey in this galaxy.

He walked to the closet to see if there were any extremely personal things, pictures, mementoes or things Jinn thought that he should take back with him when he returned to the temple.

Just as he was about to leave the walk-in closet, he stumbled upon a gold box. In it, a Jedi padawan braid. Jinn thought it strange indeed until he realized it must have been Obi-Wan?s from when he left the temple. Qui-Gon had in his possession, Xanatos? braid at home in his apartment.

Master Jinn took the braid of golden hair mixed with streaks of red out of the box, a touch of familairty to it which he just attributed to having seen the color of Obi's hair and nothing more. .

Suddenly out of no where he could feel his emotional strength waning. Was it because he suffered from the loss of someone he cared so much for or something else? He grabbed his head which signaled the onslaught of another attack, seizure whatever manifestation that had twice before overtaken him had yet again forced itself upon the unwilling master. It would temporarily claim what sanity he still had possession of...

The braid of Obi-Wan Kenobi was gripped tighter by the master to keep it from falling to the floor. The harder he gripped it the more it seemed to burn the big Jedi's hand. When he tried to finally let go of it, because of the searing pain, he couldn?t.

Now between the pain in his head and the fire-like tendrils emitted from Obi-Wan?s braid, Jinn started having his flashbacks or "roll forwards", whatever.. There the elusive boy again. Fighting the same fight with the same anger to forge his way.

The sight of this "unremembered" duel kept going over and over in Jinn?s mind. He dropped to his knees and held his head tighter as if it would ward off the pain or some how stop the repeat witnessing of the duel between two boys. One boy?s presense prominent because Jinn could see parts of him, the other just a shadow that left Qui-Gon with the feeling that the boy with no face was the important part of the puzzle and not the shadow boy with no identity at all. He s

24. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    I just caught up. I was kinda hoping Qui would get back to Telos before the end, but this should force Qui and Obi to confront each other once and for all. I mean what does Xan have to do come back as a blue ghost, and hit his former master over the head!...oops! he did come back as a ghost. :D NEVERMIND! :D 7

25. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    i doubt he will... too much brain power needed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.