main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Could Have Been Me" THIS IS IT! FINAL CHAPTER-FUTURE ALWAYS IN MOTION IT IS. LET'S HOPE SO!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Not to knock Yoda, but if he is so worried about Obi-wan why doesn't he sponsor him and take him away from old Palpy. I know he wants Jinn to take him but sometimes Yoda needs to forget his scheming and act immediately. He might want to forget his pride inorder to get Obi-wan away from the Sith.

2. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I've been wondering the exact same thing. I mean, isn't the important thing right now to get him away from Palpy?

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I agree with P3 and Thalia. Why doesn't Yoda intervene?

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    In answer to the question about Yoda not taking Obi-Wan;

If I had to to guess what the author's[Oh, I forgot that's me] mindset was I would say Yoda is trying to force Qui-Gon into taking the Obi-Wan himself.

Just my thought on the subject!!LOL

PEACE ewen

5. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    ;) Yeah but could he force it on him after the fact. I mean he does have an idea he's the sith, at least I thought I saw that somewhere. Well I hope than Jinn can get his eyes out of his @&& and actually do someting productive.

6. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    kinda feel for Obi and Qui, there always caught up in Yoda's schemes. :D :) 7

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    When Master Jinn left Yoda?s apartment the older master was not sure if Jinn understood the import of his vision. He also was not sure if Qui-Gon really understood all of his vision. Yoda got the feeling the master understood that Bruck had argued with Obi-Wan and was less than forthright about the argument but did Master Qui-Gon understand that Obi-Wan was the dame little initiate he had refused, even though the force called n Jinn to take him.

If confused I am then realize I do, how confused y padawan is. Soon I think , maybe before he reaches home it will dawn on him redhead in both dreams one and the same, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Then how feel will he? Know then the danger Obi is in, his hand put him there it did. Terrible burden that only my beloved padawan can carry.

Master Yoda was right of course. Before Qui-Gon reached his apartment a wave of knowledge and common sense permeated that closed off mind of his. He finally acccepted both visions for what they truly were; each an extension to the other. They fit together almost like pieces to a puzzle.

That?s why I refused to put two and two together. I feared the end result. I have to admit I despise the truth for what it is; Obi-Wan Kenobi was the sad-eyed redhead in both visions and I as a Jedi master refused him apprenticeship over the force?s insistence I take him. It was Obi that day Bruck battled for a master, for apprenticeship under my tutelage.

Qui-Gon made it to his old and worn out easy chair before the wave of nausea hit him along with the stark harsh reality of both of his visions. The truth, the ugly glaring truth finally surfaced from deep within in his mind; a place Qui-Gon put things, but did not want to be reminded of them.

Bruck injured Obi-Wan before the duel. Was it in hopes it would cause the other boy to lose? If so his plan didn?t work. However, I chose Bruck anyway, why? Come off it Jinn. Don?t ask yourself stupid questions that you *NOW* remember, yet so conveniently forgot at the time, until now.. I didn?t accept Obi-Wan because he was so very similar to Xanatos.

Qui-Gon felt he was losing grip with reality. He was talking to himself in his head and answering back.

Can?t be a good sign!

Jinn sat there in the twilight and tried to go every little detail.

Everything I saw in Xanatos, I saw in Obi-Wan. His ability follow but question when he thought it wrong. Xani?s uncanny knack of being able to use the saber with finite and procession. Even down to the elegant way of speaking that is only heightened in Obi-Wan?s distinctive speech pattern. Although I loved and cared for Xani I didn?t want anther padawan *like* him. I wanted a *Yes* apprentice. One that would do everything *I* told him to do. One like Bruck Chun. Only now I find he is not always a yes man, but unlike Xanatos entirely. My present apprentice is conniving, sneaky, and sly as a fox when trying to slip out of trouble. He has managed to be so success in hiding his true persona, until now.

Jinn thought over he and Bruck?s last conversation. Bruck had told him of a obese child who was packed off to Argircorps because of his ruthlessness.

Obi isn?t fat and the only thing the child was guilty of was turning thirteen too soon. I am the one to blame for not choosing him. But didn?t I have a right to turn him down? The choice in its finality is mine, not the force?s. But I have to admit I have never *not* listened to the force before this. My life has turned out fine so far with the force behind me. Maybe I didn?t choose for Xani to leave the Jedi, but like Yoda said, not all force sensitives become Jedi. Xani became a great man. A great compassionate, loving, and understanding man who tried to help his people. Certainly not unworthy attributes for someone his age to have had, for anyone really. Could I have made a mistake in not taking Obi-Wan? A mistake that now, while I am saddled with problems, it will be most difficult to correct , especially with Bruck. Obi-Wan has been

8. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    You trying to give us readers a hint or something ewen?, and do tell where in the galaxy could Palpy have taken his little indentured servant hummm????

Just saw DWL yesterday, if nothing else it was worth the admission price just to see him walk, what a walk!, oh yeah! and sing on the closing credits. :D 7

9. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Qui-Gon felt he was losing grip with reality. He was talking to himself in his head and answering back.

Can?t be a good sign!

No, Buckethead, it is not. That is why you run over to Palpy's before our esteemed authoress make true to her threat!

10. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    ewen, this is not the day to pull the " obi disappears before qui rescues him" trick. i may have to dig out my sabers again. oh well, keep up the great work. can't wait until the next installment. just once would i like a break for obi.

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    This is an ewen story. It aint supposed to be easy.

I hope that he keeps that light beard thru the movie, not that icky heavy beard that was put on by the make up dept.

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm to tired and sore and worn out to try and guess where obiwan is so........~Yawns~

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?But Master, you told me to meditate. That is what I was doing.?

?Yes you were and for once I can truthfully say you were doing as you were told. I have an errand to run and you are to accompany me. Don?t think I am still not gravely disappointed in you, but you are needed and as long as you remain my apprentice, things will be done as I wish. Do you understand Padawan Chun??

Wow last name only. Well I should be glad he still refers to me as his apprentice. After this is over I bet he won?t. Maybe he is trying to get that sniffling ?Oafy? back here and find a way to replace me with him. It ain?t gonna happen? No way

Bruck bolstered his courage and spoke again.

?Yes Master Jinn, what ever you say. I would be glad to help you in any matter you wish.?

I bet that *matter* is *Oafy* That?s the only time I see his eyes light up, when someone mentions "Oafy's" name or if Master knows he will be seeing him. Just like the visit to the Senator?s home.

"Master may I ask where we are going or what this trip entails??

?I suppose so, since you will be with me anyway. I have papers secured from Chancellor Valorum himself to have Obi-Wan brought back to the temple.?

?Is that what Chancellor Valorum wanted with you today? He gave you those documents for Obi-Wan?s release from Senator Plapatine?s service??

Jinn kept walking until they reached the speeder that would take them to Palpatine?s home before he spoke with his apprentice again.

Must he know everything!?!

?Yes, that is the reason I was needed in Master Yoda?s office. Obi-Wan needed a sponsor and I couldn?t take him. I was under the impression that Master Yoda would act as his sponsor temporarily, until a master , a permanent one could be found for him. However, Master Yoda regretfully had to turn it down because of previous commitments away from the temple.?

Jinn could almost see relief wash over his apprentice when he mentioned he couldn?t be a sponsor for the former Jedi initiate. That gratuitous look of relief would be short-lived by Padawan Chun.

Then was then and now is now my *almost former apprentice*.

?Oh well, that is a shame he doesn?t have a master to take him. Is it required before he can come back to the Jedi order??

?Yes, it is a requirement that must be strictly adhered too. It *was* thought there was no sponsor for Obi-Wan.?

Bruck?s stomach turned over a couple of times before he could get his words out.

?NOW?. and now have they found someone one to *sponsor* him, as you call it??

?Yes, I have found someone. I just haven?t let Master Yoda know yet. I will though.?

Bruck could barely get the last question out of his mouth. His master?s words, almost cryptic sounding seem to demand Bruckask further questions. . Almost as if he was leading Bruck to ask that one particular question and of course his curiosity got the best of the apprentice. He asked that that one question Jinn had so immaturely goaded him into asking.

?Which master agreed to ?sponsor? Obi-Wan during his stay at the temple, Master Jinn??

Bruck was still unsure of the definition of sponsor. He did not understand the extent of which Obi-Wan would be granted entrance back to the Jedi order. He certainly didn?t know with Obi?s return could also mean reentry and eligibility to become a Jedi padawan again.

Jinn turned his head around go he could get a good look at his apprentice seated behind him on the speeder.

?Well myself, of course. There are no other masters available and unattached with apprentices and none seemed enthused with the idea of a second child being placed in their care, thrust into their home life.?

It was a good thing Bruck had his arms wrapped around his master?s waist or he would have fallen off the speeder as it made a sharp turn to head in the direction of Palpatine?s private abode..

?Don?t worry just yet Bruck. Because I am taking Obi-Wan in doesn?t necessarily mean you will be displaced by him. I am not taking him as an apprentice but only to house him until

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    growls- at ewen this time 8-}

hey- I just spent 7 hours with a 3yr old and a 1yr old. What did you expect?

16. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    *****UP*******

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah i think it's to late this time.....

18. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, just a bit too late. **sighs** I knew this was too easy!

19. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    OOOOOOOHHHHH! Bad day at work worse day at home with the puter acting up and now this. I need to find my bottle and crawl back inside it. But this is good really gooooooood!

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    jeanieofnv
    I totally agree.

Is there any room in that bottle for me?

PEACE ewen

21. jeanieofnv

Mar 17, 2003
    Sure there's always room. Just please don't mind the mess. [face_blush]

22. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Thank goodness for blue now my eyes won't hurt. :D 7 BTW UP you go!

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I agree with 7
    I like the blue background much better.I hope it stays that way. Now for your post!!ewen
    ###########

#########Later, back at the temple######

Master Yoda could only shake his head in regret with the news Master Jinn brought him.

?Bad this is, Worse I am afraid it is for Obi-Wan. Trust the senator I never have. Trust him with a force sensitive I do even less.?

?What does that mean Master Yoda? Don?t get all cryptic and mystical on me. What do you think he has planned for Obi-Wan? Maybe he is as he was for my old apprentice Xanatos. Maybe he is someone to run his errands, bring him hot tea, and see that those overly experience boots of is are polished to the hilt.?

Yoda paced back and forth as they talked in the main Jedi council meeting room. This to him was catastrophic. Jinn was not grasping the jest of what Master Yoda told him. The oldest master at the temple thought it time Jinn knew of all of his suspicions where Palpatine was concerned.

?Sit my former padawan. Hear all my thoughts on Senator Palpatine. Suspicions they are . Can not voice them to anyone but a trusted and valued friend. You be that person you are. Listen but say nothing until I am finished. Think I do see pattern with the man soon to replace Chancellor Valorum, if things go his way and not ours.?

Jinn took a seat. He still did not know how this could help Obi-Wan or if the boy truly needed help.

We can fetch him back to the temple once the senator?s vacation is over. Why is Yoda so upset about all of this?

?Remember you do padawan, uprising on Naboo three years ago??

?Well yes. Mace and several other masters were dispatched along with me and my apprentice to assist in what we could. Naboo is still on shaky grounds where the Queen is concerned. Any monarchal change and the government could crumple. Take for instance when the Queens daughter excepts the throne. Let me see her name escapes me at the moment. Amildalia.

?Princess Amidalia she be. Point taken then it is. Palptine had his hand in
    the attempted ousting of the queen. Know that the Jedi council does. Prove it another thing entirely. Other corrupt things he is hands are in. Remember you do the assignation attempt on Chancellor Valorum??
    ?How could I forget that. I spent the next six months practically sleeping in the senator?s bed.?

Through all the seriousness of the conversation Yoda found time to laugh off the colored remark made by Jinn about his old friend. Fini Valorum.?

?Hand in that Palptine had.?

?Why wasn?t something done then??

?As always Qui-Gon Jinn, know but yet can?t prove. Always the two are so different. Watch the man the council has. Fear we have to even let the lower masters know. Know now you do. If that corrupt he is, corrupt a force sensitive to do his bidding he might. Also know myself for quite astute in the ways of the force these last eight hundred years desires an apprentice he does. Someone force sensitive to do his bidding. Suspect I do, evil force energies Palptine capable of using he is.?

?You mean Senator Palpatine is blessed with the use of the force? Unbelievable.?

?Mean that I do not .Tainted with the power of the dark he is. Suspect I do more powerful than we suspect. Unable to suppress all the dark forces he is when around me. Reason it is he seldom invites Jedi to his home.. Hard to contain all that raw force energy. See through his façade a powerful Jedi could if given time to spend with evil himself. Be proven all this one day but today however prove nothing and say nothing. Our concern now lies with the retrieval of the young Jedi. In hands of corrupted energy he is. Make him into Palptines likeness I will not stand for. Apprentice to his evil, planned for Obi-Wan I suspect. Worry now I do where and for what reason the child taken off Coruscant he was. In touch with him through the force impossible it has been.?

?You can reach him through the force, how??

?Connected he is. Should be my grandpadawan he should. Reach him through the force y

24. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Buckethead is at it again! **sighs** Should I really be surprised?

It's going to take me a couple of days to get used to the new colors!

25. jeanieofnv

Mar 17, 2003
    Oh goodie my obiangstometer is in the green. Hope it last a week see ya then! I hope! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.